“Reliably Good...not great”

Ranked #5 of 270 Restaurants in Ithaca
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At The Boatyard Grill you can enjoy delicous locally sourced steak and seafood while looking out over the breathtaking waterfront view. All of our food comes in fresh everyday, you won't find a better dining experience in the town. We are happy to host large groups and private events. If you are planning a rehearsal dinner, wedding reception, family gathering, cocktail party, class reunion or a casual BBQ or Clambake, look no further! We will make your special event a waterfront event to remember! Our experienced management team will make planning your event virtually effortless. We have a variety of party offerings that can meet every budget and catering need. Choose from our Waterfront Parties, Holiday Parties and Cocktail Parties and contact our management team today. Join us for live music on our deck every Friday! Visit our website to see the schedule.
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I go to the Boatyard regularly. It is consistently satisfying and does not disappoint. Beautiful location on the water and a menu with nice choices. The service there is always VERY good. I'm not over the moon about BYG, but when I go there I know I will have a nice experience.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

A more beautiful location, especially when the weather is nice, can't be found and the restaurant is comfortable and welcoming. A very wide and well thought out menu, with choices to appeal to meat lovers, fish eaters and vegetarians alike. The food is usually good to excellent, though the service can be hit and miss. The owner is diligent and concerned, and will deal with issues promptly. Should be on everyone's list to visit if in the area.

Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Used call ahead seating. This place was recommended by the hotel we were staying at. We got sat at our table and waited 45 minutes. No waitress, no, water, no menus. By the time she came we were getting up to leave. I got the impression this happens a lot because she kept asking if we wanted to see a waitress.
Frankly, I am really surprised the receives a high rating as I witnessed others waiting long times, and poorly prepared food being sent back.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

My family had a nice meal here. I enjoyed chilean sea bass with arugula, red onion and strawberries with a balsamic dressing and rice on the side. A nice combination of flavors. The apple dessert with puritan ice cream was really delicious and worth every calorie. Very nice atmosphere. We are looking forward to returning when the warm weather returns.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

A bitterly cold Sunday evening and the Boatyard Grill was practically empty. Initial impression on walking in was very good - a nice warm atmosphere and the restaurant has a lovely nautical theme that is slightly quirky. The service however was very slow despite the fact that the place was empty and our server wasn't the happiest or the most cheerful of people. My appetizer of clam chowder was warming and flavoursome. My main course (seafood linguine) was okay but there seemed to be a tiny amount of seafood in relation to the pile of linguine on the plate and the sauce was just overwhelming. To be fair, I was coming down with some kind of virus so my appetite was fading along with my taste buds. Mrs G and my daughter thought their food was okay but not remarkable. I'd be willing to try this restaurant again but would hope for slightly better food and faster, friendlier service.

1  Thank Alan G