“nice outdoor seating”

Simeon's On the Commons
Reserve with OpenTable
Simeon's On the Commons is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 270 Restaurants in Ithaca
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Great place to sit outdoors while enjoying the Commons in Ithaca. Simeon's is even dog friendly, and we ate next to a very large Newfoundland while there. The food is really good- try the seafood roll, but skip the basil infused cocktail. It tastes like cough medicine (and I enjoy basil.)

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Stopped in here for a late lunch recently. The place was fairly busy at 2:30pm on a Saturday, but my husband and I were able to grab a seat at the bar. The atmosphere was warm and inviting and the bartender was friendly, without being intrusive, and recommended some good, local beers. My husband had the cowboy burger and fries and it was a nice portion size for a reasonable price. I had a turkey club sandwich which was flavorful and filling.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Having had restaurant availability nightmares in previous years during Ithaca College Family Weekend, I called 10 days in advance to make reservations. On the day before my reservation, I had a message from the restaurant asking us to confirm our reservation. This is the first time I have ever received a request to confirm a reservation. We arrived about 20 minutes early for our reservation, and were able to be seated. Our waitress came over immediately to take drink orders and tell us about the specials. Simeon's can be a VERY noisy restaurant so it was difficult to hear the waitress. It would be better to have simple computer printed specials menus including prices rather than depending on one blackboard unreadable from our seats and listening to a waitress having to recite them. They have added an oyster bar and we were there just in time to take advantage of the 1/2 price oyster deal. It happened that this night, the oysters were from Massachusetts, just like us! We ordered the Asiago Dip with Spinach and Artichokes. This is the second time we ordered this and it was just as good if not better than the first time we had it. The seafood enchiladas were good but not outstanding. For entrees, we ordered two of the specials, the braised lamb shank and the chilean sea bass and then the seafood enchiladas from the regular menu. My daughter raved about the fish, and she is not a huge fish eater. She though it was fabulous. The lamb shank was tasted by all, both my daughter and I are NOT lamb aficionados and were blown away by how this tasted. It was braised to perfection, served with a brown gravy that was so flavorful and served with carrots, pearl onions and brussel sprouts, also delicious. The waitress was attentive, making sure we had drinks refilled as needed. We also couldnt' pass up dessert. Dessert at Simeon's is served in small demitasse sized cups. The selection is brought to the table, explained by the waitress, and you can see the deserts. We had the apple crisp served with a dollop of ice cream, the pumpkin cheesecake and the deconstructed canoli (canolo). We all enjoyed our deserts and shared tastes with each other. I would highly recommend a trip to Simeon's if you are in Ithaca.

1  Thank MusicMom57
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Visiting Ithaca and stopped by Simeon's on a Friday night. The mushroom soup was full of flavor. Ordered the special NY strip steak. Absolutely perfectly cooked (medium - rare) and full of flavor as it should be! Also enjoyed the 2010 Chocolate Box Shiraz. Hope to return in the future.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We had a delicious brunch here and really enjoyed our visit. The ambiance was wonderful with decorative ceiling work and lots of wood. The french toast with berries and maple butter just melted in your mouth and the greek omelet was delicious. Great bloody marys too!! I would definitely recommend this place.