“Best Chinese food in Ithaca”

Hai Hong Restaurant
Ranked #79 of 269 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We have been going to the Hai Hong for several years, and it is very consistent in terms of the quality of its food. They have a large menu, but we have realistically only tried about 25% of the dishes. Nevertheless, we all like the restaurant. The service is good, and the food is quite consistent. They have dim sum on Sundays, and it is fun and delicious. They are more expensive by a few dollars per dish than most of the other Asian restaurants in Ithaca, but not outrageous in terms of price. If you are in this area and want Chinese food, this is a good bet.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I've been here 3 or 4 times for dim sum and it's always great. Service is good as well, and everything here is more authentic than other Chinese restaurants.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our favorite Chinese restaurant is closed on Sundays so my husband and I checked ratings for other restaurants in Ithaca. Hai Hong got good reviews so we tried it for take-out on Mother's Day. We were very happy with our meals. My husband had moo shu chicken and I had moo goo gai pan. The meat and vegetables were fresh, the veggies crunchy, and the food was very tasty. I especially liked the fact it was not overly salty, the way take-out food can be. Service was prompt and friendly. Serving sizes were ample. The egg rolls and the egg drop soup were also very good. I would definitely return.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We've been going to Hai Hong for years so I thought it was time I posted a review. Food is just wonderful, everything we've ordered there over the years has been excellent. With a large following of Chinese students from Cornell as patrons, you know it must be good! For appetizers we order either the spareribs or dumplings, hard to choose which is better, My husband's latest favorite is chicken with mixed vegetables and lately I've been ordering the BBQ pork with broccoli. Staff is super friendly, service is excellent and the portions are generous.

Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Haiphong has become our regular weekly lunch, my friend and I go there at least once a week. The owner is so nice, very chatty. There are so many dishes to choose from the menu, we have never ordered the same thing. Very tasty but that authentic, but this is America, cannot complain about it. Kung poa chicken was really nice, orange chicken and sesame chicken was pretty good, but basil chill dish was not that great. Overall, it is restaurant that you will definitely go again if you love here.

1  Thank TheNayzer