“Authentic, tasty American food”
Review of Sunset Grill

Sunset Grill
Ranked #43 of 267 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Lyon, France
“Authentic, tasty American food”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

THE IDEAL BRUNCH!!!!!! It has everything you can ask from a dinner type restaurant and more. Everything is really good and tasty: very good burgers, very good fries, good pancakes, good coffee, good omelettes, good service, good views... The owner, Frank, is really nice too, a truly good person.
The portions are huge, hard to finish.
I have gone several times and I totally recommend the Reuben Sandwich (probably the best I ever had) and the eggs Benedict (a pity that they just offer them as a special for weekends). If you want to try something different they got a dish called "garbage" or something like that, which seems basically a mixture of leftovers (it has cheese, sausages, bacon, homefries,...). It's shocking how such a random combination of ingredients tastes so good, the best remedy for hangovers ;)

• Visited June 2013

Upstate New York
“Best breakfast in Ithaca!”
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Every time I visit my daughter we try a different breakfast place. This was the best. The view is amazing!! A coffee carafe was left on table and all of us enjoyed our food. Prices are a little high and breakfast was $47.00 for 3 people with coffee and 2 getting juice. Will go back as food was great.

• Visited February 2014
Cortland, New York
“Good Food, Beautiful View of Ithaca”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Nice place to sit and look at the view of the city below - but all that glass made it a little chilly this time of year. Four in my party and we all ordered coffee (which indicated "bottomless") yet the waitress did not leave a carafe on the table so a couple of us were left a little thirsty. Had to ask for refill on water as well. Scrambled eggs were light and fluffy but I'd ordered my toast without butter and it came out soaked in it. Fruit salad portion was a bit small for the price. Good portion size on the waffle. Place is very small so even with a few tables full, it seems uncomfortably crowded.

• Visited January 2014
Winchester, Massachusetts
“Better than your average breakfast-diner”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

If you're looking for a decent breakfast/brunch, this is a place to consider! Well-prepared eggs benedict, a decent pancake, good omelette selection, and friendly service, all at a very reasonable price! :)

• Visited November 2013
Columbus, OH
“Amazing Breakfast!!”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We visited the Sunset Gill for a weekend brunch while visiting family in Ithaca. It is very close to Ithaca College. It was very busy and there was a short wait, but with no real lobby to speak of, be prepared to dodge other patrons or wait staff or wait outside. Once seated, our experience was excellent. We were a party of 6 with two kids under 10 with us. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. Everyone greatly enjoyed their food. I had the 2+2+2 - with banana pancakes (banana slices baked in, served with real maple syrup), eggs scrambled hard (which they cooked perfectly) and link sausage. I also added a side of their home fries - which were golden brown, perfectly cooked potato cubes. The kids enjoyed their chocolate chip pancakes and everyone had nothing but good things to say about their other dishes. I will definitely want to come back the next time I'm in Ithaca!

• Visited November 2013