“it was not bad”

Stella's Cafe
BXL
“it was not bad”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This is considered to be a high-end restaurant. The food is good, although seemed overpriced to me. The service is not really good and soooo slow. What I liked about it was the interior decoration and the originality of the paintings.

Visited August 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great choice in College Town”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Excellent lunch choice with really creative food and beverage menu, lots of happy students and friendly staff. The food was top notch and I would definitely recommend it. We will be back, there are lots more interesting things on the menu to try.

Visited September 2013
Palm Springs, California
“Do not have them cater your event”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have never given a one star review and it pains me to do so now. I attended a wedding reception that Stella's catered. The impressive menu was printed on cards and prominently displayed on the tables. I was excited and looking forward to dinner. We are a family of foodies. We adore fine food. I'm sure that the food was exquisitely prepared for the wedding couple tastings but the food served at the wedding reception was, in a word, awful.The saffron risotto was not even close to being cooked through, it was crunchy. And the food got worse from there. The broccoli rabe, so chewy it was inedible. The lake trout, dry and tasteless as was the chicken. On top of it all, the service was deplorable and we were seated at the table that was served first, and served family style. I went back to my hotel and ate a sandwich because I was still hungry after not being able to eat the food! I am embarrassed for the wedding couple that this was the food served at their wedding. The bride is a chef and takes pride in properly prepared, beautiful food. This was not in that category, not even close. I sent Stella's a lengthy email, describing what was served and poorly prepared. They never bothered to respond. Customer service is also not their forte. Unforgettable in the worst possible way.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank mary r
Los Angeles, California
“Lovely place day and night!”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Stella's was perhaps my favorite place to hang out in Ithaca. The location is just fantastic on College Ave. and the fact that the place is devided into a cafe and bar is just amazing! There has been many times where I hung out at the cafe for hours doing work and then moved over to the bar side for dinner or drinks later at night which was very convenient. Drinks at Stella's are extremely amazing. Coffee is delicious and cocktails are even better. They make a mean espresso martini and a classic manhattan to mention a couple.

• Visited July 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
“A little gem in Ithaca”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

By good fortune, was able to get a large table on short notice for a post-graduation dinner. Honestly went mostly because they could accommodate our large group due to a last minute cancellation. I was expecting classic Italian but it turned out to be so much more. The main dining room is in the white walled, low ceilinged basement which feels a bit like a Greek taverna. The service was quick and attentive, and just the right amount of edgy. Given the eclectic drink menu which included many local spirits and wines, it seems to fit. Dinner option were many and varied, again with lots of local sources. Food was fabulous, not a bad meal at our table of 8. Only wished we could go back through the seasons to sample more local flavor. Definitely worth a visit for a casual meal or a more formal occasion. The bar and small tables looked cozy as well.

• Visited May 2013