“Our favorite Ithaca Restaurant”

Glenwood Pines Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 270 Restaurants in Ithaca
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This place is a few miles north of Ithaca on the west side of Cayuga lake, but it's worth the drive. The atmosphere is casual, and the prices are good. The scenery is superb, and the food is very good. It's a great family spot. We have had sandwiches, burgers, fish, and steak, and it's all very good. We have eaten there in groups of 3 to 7, and have never had to wait to be seated. Not one of us has had a meal we didn't utterly enjoy. Oh, the desserts are fantastic, too! Even when though we never have room for dessert, we usually get one or two for later.

1  Thank M P

Reviewed 26 February 2014

This is a rustic, locals bar and restaurant. It's a bit of the way out of town but the burgers are good and so is the beer. Took my daughter and her roommates here. Our party of five all ordered Pinesburgers and they were excellent. Good fries too. Next time I'll try the fish sandwich or maybe the fish fry.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

This place is a local institution; been around as long as I can remember. If you want either a delicious big hamburger with fries or the best fried fish sandwich in town - this is your spot. Also - some good local beer and a friendly bar. The servers are nice too and bonus is a view of Cayuga Lake; it is only minutes from Ithaca and Taughannock Falls State Park

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We love this place. Its on the smaller side and nothing fancy. The prices are very good and food is plentiful. It gets packed! Sometimes you have a hard time parking...but there is plenty of parking available. There is a lot downbelow the upper lot for additional parking but you'll have to walk up a hill or up a set of stairs to get to restaurant. I would drop off elderly or infants and then go park down in lower lot if your forced to use it. There is a bar and tables in the "front" of the restaurant and additonal seating in the back. I have never tried anything else except their pine burger which is their claim to fame since I've been going there on and off now 4 years. That burger is just so good in my opinion, that me or my partner can never seem to order anything else off the menu....it looks good....but we're dye hard burger fans. We have had the desert on several occasions which was very, very good...but usually your to full from the meal. Sometimes its so packed in there you have to wait for a seat and a little longer to get your food...thats why I gave it a 4 instead of 5 rating.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

A nice spot, seemed like a lot of local patrons, was a bit noisy, but overall nice atmosphere. The staff were really nice and very attentive. Great view of the lake. I got the shrimp and fries basket, $9.95, I thought that was a little over priced after getting the portions, but it was good, so no complaint there. My sister got a restaurant special Bloody Mary that she said was delicious. My daughter got a salmon burger that she also loved. There is a bar area adjacent to the dining area, it has video games and a pool table.