“Are you kidding me???”

Ranked #13 of 261 Restaurants in Ithaca
Price range: US$9 - US$23
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Cajun & Creole, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Maxie’s is a New Orleans-style fish house with Southern comfort cooking, BBQ, and a full bar. From our Kitchen, only from-scratch Southern comfort cookery: traditional and modern fresh seafood dishes, slow-smoked barbecue, and homemade desserts. From our bar: freshly shucked raw oysters and clams, specialty cocktails, microbrews and boutique wines Our lively, warm professionals are happy to serve you. Get in here!
Canandaigua, New York
“Are you kidding me???”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This place made out whole trip to Ithaca!!! We loved everything about it. Upon our arrival the Hostesses were extremely friendly and brought us right to a seat outside, we were watered immediately and our server (Jonathan) was over in no time.

Our server was extremely knowledgeable of the food which was helpful as I didn't know what some of the menu items were. He even knew what ingredients were bought locally.

We started with the crab cakes- OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! All seafood and little "stuffing!" Just how we like it. IT was served over a red cabbage slaw with blue cheese. scrumptious!! My husband had pulled pork with beans and slaw (different slaw this time.) He said it was an explosion of flavor in his mouth. I had the mahi mahi special served with mashed potatoes, creamed corn topped with a pesto sauce. Everything meshed perfectly. I could have ate a whole dinner of just the creamed corn!!!!

The service was really top notch! We never needed for anything, we were checked on without being annoyed and the server knew his food. Obviously they train their staff really well here, it shows.

Out of our 3 day mini-vaca to Ithaca, this is what we will remember. Thank you!

• Visited August 2014

New York City, New York
“Yummy food, nice vibe!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Nice restaurant with a lively vibe and good for families. To start we got the Supper Club Salad to share and it was delicious. It was dressed nicely and a perfect way to begin our meal. For entrees, my husband had a po'boy and I had a half portion of the shrimp and grits. He enjoyed his, though he felt it was on the smaller side. I really enjoyed my shrimp and grits. It was also the perfect portion for the dinner. Overall it was a really tasty meal in a fun environment with friendly and quick service. What more can you ask for?

Visited July 2014
Syracuse, NY
“Choose Wisely”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I had the shrimp po boy and a cup of chowder, my friend had that shrimp and grits. The poboy definitly needed some work as it was all bread and very little shrimp. The chowder was good but a bit spicey for a chowder. The shrimp and grits my friend got was apparentlly very good (her words). There were leftovers and i tried the next day and i have to agree, the shrimp and grits are the way to go. Parking isn't the easiest in the area and though the ambiance is good for the setting it can get a bit dark. With all that being said i would definitly give it another try but definitly not order any poboy sandwiches.

• Visited August 2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“I just love Maxie's!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

As a Brit who spends most summers in Ithaca I like nothing more than passing the afternoons in Maxie's whilst waiting for my old university friend to finish her work in the Cornell labs. I like to have oysters on every occasion, usually washed down with a Bloody Mary that is always made to my liking - strong and spicy! I'll inevitably then try some local ales and perhaps have something more substantial to snack on - Maxie's Crab and Sweetcorn Chowder is to die for! My good friend Kurt is a local and he introduced me to the Jambalaya which is simply delicious. The live music is an added bonus and it was such a good evening one night when I saw my dear friend Prof Delbs play the banjo in his band. Maxie's could only be better if they allowed me to bring in my Russian Blue cat called Pima!

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Ju5t_sayin
Ithaca, New York
“Great restaurant, fun place to go for drinks too”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

if you're in the mood for just drinks, the bar is great, service is outstanding. The food is pretty tasty, lots of variety for everyone; the oysters are just awesome, you can just sit at the bar and have some with your drinks.

Come for a quick bite or for full dinner, you'll enjoy the atmosphere, the Tuna is outstanding, the shrimp and grits are great; the sausage and shrimp pretty tasty.

• Visited July 2014