“Beyond excellence!”

Ranked #13 of 261 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Heights Restaurant and H Bar was established in 1995 by Culinary Institute of America graduate James Larounis and his wife Heidi. We are located in the Village of Cayuga Heights, one mile from the center of Cornell University. The restaurant has a casual, contemporary atmosphere and features Mediterranean-inspired American cuisine. We place the utmost value on our seasonal menus and on sourcing locally. We also take great pride in our wine list which includes over 400 bottle selections from the United States and international regions, and over 20 wines by the glass. The Heights Restaurant and H Bar has been a Wine Spectator award winner since 1999.
St. Thomas
“Beyond excellence!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Took my daughter and family there after her graduation from Cornell. It was well worth every penny. The service was executed to perfection. A must-do again.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank cazgriff2

New York
“The best in Ithaca in many ways”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have lost count of the number of times I have been to the Heights. It never, ever disappoints. Their lunch menu, without a doubt, is the best I have seen ANYWHERE in any city or country; if it was a restaurant unto itself, that menu would by far be the #1 eating attraction in the Finger Lakes. Dinner is no slouch either and the menu changes on a regular basis to keep it fresh and interesting. What separates the Heights from any other place is the service. To start with, the owner/chef and his wife make sure everything is perfect, from little touches on the tables to their attention to hand hygiene (dispensers at the entrance). They respectfully socialize to keep their customers happy and you feel as though you are dining in their home. The staff, bar none, could teach a class in how to serve and Mark, the manager, is without a doubt the superstar of class and courtesy. Dining at the Heights is not inexpensive but in terms of value and experience, there is none better, in Ithaca, the Finger Lakes or anywhere else.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank BakerL00
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great effort for those who can't eat gluten and their friends and family”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have three kids who can't the gluten and this restaurant goes to great lengths to serve folks with this problem. This is not to say that the food is great for the general population as well. They always seem to have something innovative on the menu and the service is exceptionally good. I was enjoy a chance at New York State wine selections that don't seem to be available much outside this region. This is a good choice for a"white tablecloth"type dinner in this college town. Happily, they take reservations which can make all the difference on busy weekends.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank YankeeExplorer
NY
“Great Meal”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

My wife, daughter, and I went for Mother's Day celebration. We were welcomed immediately and affectionately by Bobbi. Our table was ready the moment we arrived.

Our cocktails were great! My dirty vodka martini was spot on!

The calamari app was just the perfect crispiness, but not chewy.

Our salads were terrific! Best caesar I've had in a long while.

For entrees, the t-bone was spectacular! The skate wing was well prepared, as well.

For the finale, we had their lava cake...a whole lot of gooey and chocolatey.

For wine, we had an excellent Meursault. The Pellegrino marsala paired exceptionally well with dessert.

Mark and Bobbi: Thank you for the fantastic service!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Emdoctor
Truxton, New York
“Heights Cafe & Grill an experience I will never forget.”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I decided to Dine at the Heights Cafe & Grill after it was recommended to me by the Hotel manager. When I entered I Immediately felt welcome and was greeted by a very nice young man and then on was treated as a friend by every member of their faculty. The food was expensive but very much worth the price, It was my most fantastic experience in a restaurant in a very long time. Do not pass up the opportunity to enjoy this resturant.

• Visited May 2013