“Too Late in the Buffet Line”

Sangam Indian Cuisine
Ranked #44 of 270 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Indian cuisine. Serving since 1983. Daily lunch buffet, Dine in,Take out, Delivery and catering from 50 to 1000 people. large selection of dairy free, gluten free and vegan dishes on the menu.
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Went here between 1:30 and 2:00 for the buffet. Pickings were slim. Just about everything that was left had been sitting out too long and was overcooked. Maybe if I'd gotten there earlier, things would have been better. Service was indifferent, but what do you expect with a buffet?

2  Thank bb_organic

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The best tandoori chicken ever! Atmosphere is always stimulating. People from all over the world eat here and owners and staff treat all like family.

8  Thank Lnavm
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I have been going to Sangam Indian Cuisine for years and years. I usually love the food and can't wait to get to the restaurant. I usually go during lunch time and get the buffet. In the buffet line I can count on curry chicken and buttered chicken as the main meat dishes. Today, both chicken dishes consisted of boney chicken parts with almost no meat. I ended up having to remove boney parts from my mouth with each and every bite. Although the flavors were still up to par, the meat itself needs to be more prevalent. This leads me to wonder 'What happened'? I will certainly try going back at least one more time. However, if these two dishes are put out the same way, I will go next door, or downtown to competitors in the area for another fix of Indian cuisine. I am certainly saddened to have to say so.........

3  Thank kwebster2
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I enjoy the lunch buffets immensely here. They are cheap quick and extremely delicious. Authentic north Indian cuisine.

Being a vegetarian I can't help but frequent this place every week. Their yellow lentil curry and okra curry is my favorite

9  Thank meenakshisundaram
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Sunday evening and we decided to try Sangam after an afternoon at the movies. Menus are dirty, sticky and tattered. We were the first customers of the evening and offered window seating - and completely ignored from the time out order was taken. The appetizer assortment was adequate, the lamb korma tasteless and the amount of pilaf completely insufficient. (Korma tasted better with the addition of tamarind sauce). We ordered another glass of wine thee times and gulab jamin 4 times but never got served. The proprietor then just delivered the check. There were only 12 people in the restaurant besides us - the owner seemed more concerned with talking to his brother in the market next door than serving customers.

1  Thank lmandm