City Lights Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$172
Hampton Inn Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$294
  • Restaurant
US$200
US$183
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
US$144
Fairfield Inn
Courtyard Ithaca Airport/University(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
US$163
Courtyard
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here a few weeks ago on our way through town. We were only there for a quick stay, but we couldn't have asked for a better place to spend the night. The room we stayed in (the North Suite) was huge, incredibly comfortable and spotless. It felt like we were staying in our own vacation home. Breakfast in the morning was delicious -- and Colleen was a great host. Such good food, conversation, and a great place to stay -- what could be better? Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a rustic and relaxing place to stay when heading to Ithaca.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
CityLightsBB, Owner at City Lights Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

This is a big thank you to the reviewer. We have a wonderful place here, and it has been great to share it with so many nice guests. We always say, "We get the best guests", and many return again and again. We want our guests to be comfortable and relaxed. There is no pretense here, we have gone through many changes and life challenges lately, and our guests have been so supportive. Our goal is to be friendly, clean, relaxing and an affordable place to stay near Ithaca. Thank you to all those guests who have supported us and wrote a review on TripAdvisor. It's not always easy to live up to! But, we try.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

We never met our hostess, as we were there during the middle of the week and she was teaching. However, our room was excellent. We felt at home. All was spotless clean. The location was lovely. I would definitely recommend it to others.

The only odd thing was that she accepted cash only. I was a bit skeptical but all turned out well.

Room Tip: We stayed in the North Suite.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank audreymc13

Just to clear up any misunderstanding, we take check or cash for final payment, we hold all reservations with a credit card, and we will use this as a form of payment if needed. Credit card fees are expensive for a small business, what happens is that most guests do not read the confirmation e-mail I send, forget to bring a check, don't have cash, want a discount and then want to charge it! Now, I'm not saying that's what happened here, but this is often the case. We are a small business, doing the best we can and we appreciate all our guests.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

My husband and I attended a wedding in Ithaca over Columbus Day weekend. We chose City Lights B & B based on the positive reviews of other guests, and the proximity to Ithaca. City Lights lived up to the reviews. We stayed in the Petite Suite, which has a living room area, small kitchenette, bathroom and bedroom. It had everything we needed, and was decorated beautifully with Parisian accents. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was served in a beautiful country kitchen, and they were delicious. Colleen made us feel very welcome. If you are looking for a comfortable B & B with plenty of your own space, which is conveniently located just a few minutes from Ithaca, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank gladys28
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Although I am not a B&B person I can say the experience at City Lights could change my mind. It is quiet, comfortable and has great views of Cornell. I enjoyed it so much on my first visit that I came back with 2 other couples. Each visit included a great breakfast and friendly conversation. The rooms are an eclectic mix and the grounds are interesting and invite a quick exploration. Great restaurants await down the hill in Ithaca. Save your hotel points for another trip. When in Ithaca City Lights is the way to go.

Room Tip: Book early, try Moosewood for dinner.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank John P
Reviewed 24 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Inn @ City Lights for 2 days recently. It was like a dream come true for an artist.The colorful, yet peaceful atmosphere, tasteful accessories and textiles coordinate amazingly with the loving warmth of the host to make this place a perfect 'artistic den'. Colleen, the owner/host is wonderful beyond words. She is not only charming and cheerful but also very organized and helpful. She made sure that we were well taken care of and made us feel totally at home. We will never forget her warm welcome and affectionate goodbye. We stayed at the 2 West Suite, perfectly equipped with everything we needed - from all the necessary appliances in the kitchen, to all the little toiletries in the bathroom that one can think of on a vacation. However, if you don't find an iron, you can always call Colleen and let her know and she will assist as soon as she can. It is admirable how she maintains everything prim and proper without much help from anyone else. All I can say is that if you get a chance to visit Ithaca, you must stay at City Lights. No matter which room or suite you get, you are bound to feel special and blessed :)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business