“Charming B & B”
Review of City Lights Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ithaca
City Lights Inn
Ranked #9 of 18 Ithaca B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 July 2006

We stayed here five nights over the 4th of July long weekend. It was a fantastic choice for us. We had two rooms, one for my teenage son with a large screen TV and another for my husband and me. The Inn @ City Lights was unpretentious, very comfortable and relaxing. We were welcomed as family by Colleen and Evan. The breakfasts were wonderful each morning.
The Inn overlooks all of Ithaca, on the 3rd of July we saw Ithaca's beautiful fireworks display without leaving home.
We highly recommend The Inn @ City Lights, the experience was far superior to staying at a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank vamosviajando123

Buffalo, NY
Reviewed 5 May 2006

For my wife's birthday, I surprised her with a trip to the Finger Lakes region of New York State. I expected a bed and breakfast would make for a relaxing stay, so based on their impressive online presence, I chose The Inn at City Lights. This decision would turn out to be a good one--far exceeding my already-high expectations. Our hosts, Colleen and Evan, greeted us with open arms and their genuinely warm hospitality never waned. Smiles, scrumptiously satisfying breakfasts and super comfortable rooms was the theme. I couldn't have been happier with The Inn at City Lights and my wife is still raving about our time there.

Also, we are avid hikers and The Inn at City Lights' location offered the perfect hub from which to enjoy the endless outdoor opportunities found throughout the immediate area. We were able to easily and quickly embark on forays to many Finger Lakes Trails, four state parks, countless waterfalls, and the Seneca and Cayuga Wine Trails. After a strenuous day of hiking (fortified by the healthy and hearty breakfasts cooked for us by Colleen) we looked forward to entering our room through a private entrance and enjoying a long, hot shower in the private bath and settling in for a comfortable rest.

After sundown, the twinkling lights of Ithaca and Cornell University's campus beckoned us from the Inn's hilltop location. Happily it was only a two-minute drive to town, where we enjoyed some delicious meals and more friendly hospitality. Obviously, we enjoyed our stay at The Inn at City Lights and would recommend it to everyone. We are already looking forward to going back this summer, seeing Colleen and Evan, and enjoying the area's many water-related activities.

• Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 September 2005

The Inn @ City Lights is the best place to stay in Ithaca. I graduated Ithaca College in 1995 and have come back to Ithaca many times to visit. I've always stayed at the Holiday Inn down near The Commons. They were easy and allowed dogs. I'll never go back there - Not worth it at all. Not when you have places like The Inn @ City Lights. My girlfriend and I seached the internet looking to stay somewhere less expensive than the Holiday Inn ($189 a night - NOT including taxes). City Lights was the first call I made. Colleen was so friendly I didn't call any other place (it's a steal for $125 a night with and amazing breakfast). The place is beautiful, the grounds are beautiful (plenty of space for my Lab/Rottie mix to run and play) and, the hospitality of Colleen & Evan makes this B&B perfect. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2005
4  Thank DrDave11
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed 27 May 2005

I travel all over NY State as a sales rep., and I find staying at The Inn @ City Lights the best place for my overnight during business trips. The place is huge, the rooms roomy and comfortable, and the hosts are incredibly warm, friendly and accommodating. They have wireless internet access and of course, cable tv in their rooms.

Their beds are top notch, with many extra pillows to rest my head on. Their breakfast was a serious treat in their large country kitchen and they serve excellent, hearty dishes like gourmet french toast, belgian waffles, etc. Their coffee is some serious brew, and we all know just how important good coffee is these days...
Anyhow, The Inn @ City Lights is a great place to stay for business travelers or families...I would highly recommend THIS PLACE!

• Stayed: May 2005, travelled on business
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cooperstown, NY
Reviewed 5 April 2005

We recently went on a quick get away with our kids aged 10 and 13 to Ithaca and Corning. After searching on the (---) website I came across what looked like an ideal B&B. The inn's website is fantastic too, very descriptive and you can connect to local interest spots from it. Colleen Schuler, the innkeeper, was especially helpful in making us feel at home even before we got there. The suites are beautifully decorated in a very warm and inviting way and there are many options for families. The full gourmet breakfast was very delicious! The scones were awesome the coffee cup was bottomless and you can sample local organic yogurts and syrup. Don't judge a book by its cover..the couple has taken an old farm house and are renovating it extensively. The inside is done and there is work to be done on the outside. The inn warmly welcomes children AND pets and there are plans to make things more pet friendly! We would not hesitate to stay again.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Newton, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 March 2005

We could not have been more pleased. The rooms were comfortable, clean and decorated uniquely. Our inkeeper was very helpful with lots of information about the area. Breakfast was wonderful, I felt totally pampered. I will go back again and I highly recommend City Lights.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Jersey
Reviewed 28 March 2005

I recently stayed at The Inn @ City Lights and had a wonderful experience. Colleen, the innkeeper, is not only welcoming and attentive, but also a very helpful guide. There are many details that will make your stay pleasant and comfortable. The house itself is a beautiful farmhouse with magnificent views and a very comfortable interior. The rooms are attractively decorated, clean, quiet, spacious and well-appointed. The breakfast was presented well and was so scrumptious I wanted recipes. The area is full of things to do. Be sure to visit the Moosewood restaurant while you are in town. The Inn is close to many natural attractions and wineries that make this location the perfect weekend getaway (and very affordable). The Inn is pet-friendly which we learned too late—next time we will bring the other member of our family. I can't wait to return in the summer to see the gardens!

Please email me with any questions. I would be happy to provide anyone with a more detailed review.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member