“below average cleanliness for an expensive price”

Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“below average cleanliness for an expensive price”
Reviewed 11 October 2011

The location in downtown Ithaca doesn't compensate for the astronomical price and uncleanliness of the bathrooms. Mold, falling paint and remnants from previous guests can be found in the bathrooms of your room. The walls were thinner than usual in similar hotels. The staff were friendly and nice but for $200 a night this felt like a rip-off.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, 13 October 2011
I know that you are very busy but I cannot tell you how incredibly important your feedback is to us here at the Hilton Garden Inn of Ithaca! Please know that I will share your comments with the appropriate members of my staff in order to better avoid a situation like this in the future, and more effectively serve our guests. If I may be of any assistance to you, or if you care to discuss the matter further, please do not hesitate to let me know. I hope the rest of your stay, and time in Ithaca, was pleasant. All my best for your future travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Touring the Finger Lakes wine region, we spent two nights at this location. The room was comfortable and well equipped with fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, and very nice beds. There were several nice restaurants withing easy walking distance. The parking was free and convenient. The front desk staff was pleasant, helpful, and friendly. I would definitely choose this location again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, 29 September 2011

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 21 September 2011

While traveling for business I stayed at this location. Couldn't ask for a cleaner room, internet worked great and bed was as comfortable as promised. Nice to have working microwave and fridge in the room.

The parking is located in a garage across the street from the hotel (no connection between the two) so it's a bit confusing when you first pull up where to go. The parking is free in the ramp...again though, would prefer it be connected to the building.

Dissatisfied with the room service form Kilpatrick's (located in the lobby). Food was sub-par, no condiments included, arrived cold and was not given a steak knife with my rib eye...

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jitterbug7129
upstate NY
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I was in town for business in mid August 2011. I am in marketing and sales and work with universities. I was in Ithaca for the "move-in" weekend. Both Cornell and Ithaca college students and families were in town to move in. So this is traditionally a very busy time of year, and it is difficult for a business traveler, as the hotels are all sold out . I have to say the staff at this Hilton Garden Inn was one of the most proffesional and friendly I have experienced- and I travel quite a bit. From the front desk people recognizing my status with Hilton, to the cleanliness of the rooms, to the very efficient waitress service in the breakfast area. ehile everything about the room was great, the staff really make this place exceptional! The locaiton is excellent if you want to walk in downtown Ithaca. It is a small city you are near everything (aside form the bog box stores out in the malls).

Room Tip: Hey its a small city, ask for a room on top floor and see the Cornell and Ithaca college campuses fr...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank finnickytraveler
Chicago
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Stayed here while visiting Ithaca for a wedding. The hotel is great for walking around the cute downtown area, the farmer's market, waterfalls, and the Cornell Campus. The accomodations were decent and the front desk was extremely helpful and friendly. The front desk staff gave us detailed directions and advice on where to go/eat in Ithaca,which we appreciated. The attached Irish pub was also a lot of fun for post wedding drinks. Ithaca is such a charming town that I would definitely stay here again if (when!) I return.

Room Tip: We stayed in 834 and had a gorgeous view of the rolling hills out our window!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cherienian
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I traveled to Ithaca for business and the HGI more than met my needs. Free wireless wi-fi (ok, so it's a little spotty in the room), free printing, free business center, a microwave, fridge AND I had a free hot made-to-order breakfast with my room. And the beds? SO comfortable. Plus, Kilpatrick's next door will deliver to your room...including draught beer.

However, my bathroom tub was a little sketchy looking with some black gunk where the edges are...but overall it was clean and the room was really comfortable. Can't complain.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank nanselmo
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. I was very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us as we take great pride in providing our guests with an excellent product and services. I have reviewed your concerns with our housekeeping department and appropriate action has been taken to ensure a situation of this nature will not be repeated in the future. We hope you will continue to use Hilton Garden Inns as your lodging of choice, and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Ithaca.

Jerry A. Arsenault
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Stayed here for two nights. Location was great!!! Really enjoyed touring the Commons. Parking was convenient at the garage across the street. Enjoyed the Farmers Market as well. A great City, enjoyed some hiking along the gorges. Wished we had more time to visit some of the restraunts in the area. Enjoyed the pool (Pool area was hot, but pool a good temp) and the gym.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Mich123_10
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, 9 September 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We are thrilled that you chose us to stay with and please come back and visit if you are ever in the area again!
Jerry A. Arsenault