“Great weekend at Ithaca Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
GreenLeadersBronze level
Silver Spring, United States
“Great weekend at Ithaca Hilton Garden Inn”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My husband I spent our 30th anniversary of meeting each other at the Ithaca Hilton Garden Inn. The staff was incredibly welcoming, provided us with an amazing room with a view of "the Hill," and special touches such as engraved glassed with our names on them. The room was spacious and clean and the breakfast was outstanding. Proximity to the Commons and the many excellent restaurants nearby was great too. We highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Tanner W
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. I know that you are very busy but I cannot tell you how incredibly important your feedback is! I am so happy you were extremely satisfied with your recent stay. Because all our rooms start on the 6th floor and up to the 9th floor the views are truly spectacular. Our Garden Grill always cooks your order when you want it and how you want it. Again from myself and my team members thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This hotel is located right in between Cornell University and Ithaca College in downtown Ithaca. The town itself doesn't offer much, but what it does have, the Ithaca Commons, is right across the street from this hotel. Lots of nice restaurants and shops are just a 2 minute walk away.

The staff is very nice and accomodating. The hotel has a shuttle that will drop you off and pick you up wherever you want to go, be it one of the University's or the airport- just ask about it at the front desk. There is free tea and coffee in the lobby 24/7 and the gym is pretty nice. The rooms themselves are nice and clean and the beds are very comfortable.

If you drive to Ithaca, there is a parking garage across the street where you can park and have your ticket validated so that you don't have to pay. There are spaces closest to the hotel reserved for guests. There is also a bus stop right in front of the parking garage.

Next time I find myself in Ithaca I will stay here without a doubt.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank FeistyNYC
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor I will share your review with our team I know they will enjoy reading it. Thank you again.
Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Great location with many of the towns fantastic restaurants in walking distance, a Starbucks in the building, and incredibly friendly staff. Free parking in the garage across the street (or valet, which we didn't use...)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. The Ithaca Commons is a great place to find many restaurants. Of course our own Kilpatrick’s Irish Pub is on site for our guests as well.
Statesville, United States
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The rooms are clean with all amenities needed. The bed was the most comfortable bed I think I have ever slept in. Staff were friendly. Great location close to everything in Ithaca.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We have the Garden Sleep System bed Adjustable bed conforms to your body, gently cradling your neck, spine and legs while providing pressure-free sleep with 100% virgin wool mattress topper that helps regulate and maintain comfortable body temperature the adjustment knobs are on both sides of the bed.
Santa Clara, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Great location, shuttle service, clean rooms, and great breakfast! I stay here twice a year and am always very happy with the service. Other colleges feel the price is a bit high - but it is career fair season and the location can't be beat.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you for the great scores you gave us. We credit our success in the hospitality industry to providing the best possible service, as well as clean and comfortable accommodations.
Long Island,New York
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff is helpful , the gym is decent and the location is great. The complimentary coffee , tea and cookies is a nice touch. The room is a bit small but nicely kept. The only area for improvement I would suggest is: the bathroom needs exhaust fans. The bathroom fogs up and gets very musty due to the lack of a fan. Other than that flaw, this is a very nicely run hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Cornell University have nice view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. I know that you are very busy but I cannot tell you how incredibly important your feedback is! I apologize that you were not extremely satisfied with your recent stay. We are looking into the bathroom vent fan and have fixed the issue. We are always trying to grow as a team and provide our guests with superior accommodations and services.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 4 September 2013

this is a great location - right across from the mall and walking distance to many other things. the staff here were great - we had a misunderstanding about beds and it was solved very quickly and efficiently - we also got comp'd for a couple breakfasts which was nice. love the lime water and coffee always available in the lobby. great place for day trips around the finger lakes - don't miss the falls and other great views in the local area. talk to the staff - they'll tell you where it is - thats where we got our tips.

Room Tip: i think they were all good.
Green Features: like most good places you can specify what you want or leave the towels that need replacing in the tub - in a 2 night stay we didn't need much - I'm pretty green so can do with 2 days of towels - I know we do at home.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family