“Great location and service”

Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
GreenLeadersBronze level
Utica, New York
“Great location and service”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We went for our anniversary and had a wonderful time. I had requested a high floor away from smoking and it was absolutely fulfilled. We had a room on the 8th floor at the end of the hall and it had a beautiful view of the hill. The room is beautiful and spacious. It has a Keurig, microwave and fridge. The pool and fitness center is small but very clean and enjoyable. You really can't beat the location. We walked to dinner and enjoyed the nightlife on the Commons. Parking in the garage is included which is important in downtown Ithaca. The front desk staff were very nice and the lobby always had some kind of beverage and snack. We didn't have the breakfast there, but why would you need to? You can take a few steps outside to get to any number of restaurants. We would absolutely stay again.

Room Tip: The end of the hall was quiet. The hotel really only has high floors and they all have great views.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, NY and thank you for the feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your experience during your recent stay. You’re right our hotel rooms start on the 6th floor up to the 9th floor and all have great views of the area. Our Keurig is a new feature that all Hilton Garden inns now have.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Dexter, New York, United States
Reviewed 30 January 2014

The commons shopping area is right across the street, lots of fast food and specialty shops there. The hotel has a great Irish restaurant located in the building, a Starbucks and a chocolate shop. There is a fantastic mexican restaurant around the corner. The pool and hot tub are great. The rooms were very nice.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
I just wanted to thank you so very much for taking the time to respond to your recent stay. We do have a great location close to the college’s and right across the street from the Commons. Our Kilpatrick’s Irish Pub is located in the hotel and a great place to unwind after a long day.
Skaneateles, United States
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This HGI location was good and staff was very friendly on check in, etc,. Helpful, received upgrade, but breakfast in the morning wasn't worth it. Food delayed, cold, not tasty and staff not very "on top of it". very disappointing after great evening experience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, NY and thank you for the feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your experience during your recent stay. I am meeting with our Chef and Food and Beverage manager to see where and why your breakfast was not all you expected from our Garden Grill. Our Garden Grill always cooks your order when you want it and how you want and fresh to order. On your next visit to Ithaca please ask for me so I can buy your breakfast.
Rochester, United States
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My family and I enjoyed our stay a lot. The kids enjoyed the pool. My wife and I used the exercise room and the hot tub. Great location right off the Commons. The staff were all friendly and helpful. We got a good price for our night's stay too.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
I am so happy you and your family were able to enjoy our pool and hot tub. Did you know that the Common’s has more restaurants per capita then New You City!
Severna Park, United States
Reviewed 19 January 2014

When returning to Ithaca after a 25 yr. absence I was happy to see there was a new HGI downtown. I was taking my son to look at schools in the area and was a great jump off location to visit the region. The hotel staff was pleasant especially the server during breakfast, he had both my son and I laughing. The rooms were of the quality expected & since it was pouring out I got a quick workout in the gym, the first time I have done that. Did have a little issue finding the entrance since there is no pull in area (had to park in public garage across the street). Kilpatrick's the local Irish Pub had excellent spirits and menu. Given the location and proximity to everything in the region I would totally recommend staying here.

1 Thank Matt T
Thank you for the great review you gave us. We credit our success in the hospitality industry to providing the best possible service, as well as clean and comfortable accommodations. Has your son decided on a school yet? As you know Ithaca has two really good colleges Cornell and Ithaca College.
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

I spent 5 nights at the Hilton Garden Inn. The service was so wonderful! When I checked in I needed to do laundry so they gave a room on the 8th floor where the laundry was. On the first floor of the building there is a Starbucks, a wonderful pastry shop (Sarah's Patisserie) and a pub. One block away from Ithaca Commons and tons of restaurant choices. One advantage for the winter is the parking is across the street in a parking garage which was an advantage when it snowed overnight! I would definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Corinne A
I know that you are very busy but I cannot tell you how incredibly important your feedback is! As you know we have two restaurants on site one is for breakfast only (The Garden Grill) and the other (Kilpatrick’s Irish Pub) I am so glad we were able to get you on the 8th floor by laundry. I go to Sarah’s Patisserie almost every morning for my daily fresh croissants sometimes there still warm! Then you can stop at Starbucks to get a coffee to go with the croissant.
Grimsby, Canada
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Hilton garden Inn in Ithaca is a solid, business class hotel. Food was solid, service was friendly and helpful. It isn't a beautiful hotel, glamorous lobby or dining experience but neither does it suffer in any of these areas. A bit expensive relative to its appointments but that may be the market. Beds were comfortable but could have done with three large pillows, rather than three small ones and no extras in the closet. Decent movie rental choices and very quick in room dining service. Food was casual, but good, pub grub from attached Irish Pub off the lobby. Breakfast, in the price, was decent but nothing to write home about. Starbucks across from Pub, off the lobby, is useful.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor.