“Nice stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I visited this hotel with my husband. This is a nice place for a comfortable stay. Staff were very efficient and friendly, particularly those in the breakfast restaurant. We would stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
I just wanted to thank you so very much for taking the time to write your review. I know that you are very busy but I cannot tell you how incredibly important your feedback is! Thank you for the great scores you gave us. We credit our success in the hospitality industry to providing the best possible service, as well as clean and comfortable accommodations. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our entire staff.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
NYC
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stayed here while touring Cornell and it was a great pick. Clean, great staff, terrific location; even though it was very cold out it was great to be in the middle of shops, restaurants, etc. Nice room, and super convenient to Cornell. Only sticking point is that the water pressure in the shower wasn't great--but if we return to Ithaca I would stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, NY and thank you for the feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your experience during your recent stay. We had looked into the water pressure issue you experienced while staying with us and we do believe we have fixed it.
NYC, United States
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Excellent service; great downtown location with shuttle service to campus, professional and friendly drivers. I always stay here while working on the Cornell University campus in Ithaca. All staff are friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is one of the pricier hotels in Ithaca, but it's new and both the facilities and service are excellent. The main lobby provides access to a great Irish pub, a Starbucks and a delightful pastry shop. AND, the Moosewood restaurant is right next door. I highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn for both business and pleasure.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We look forward to your next visit to the area and appreciate you for being a loyal guest! We also have a Moosewood and hotel stay package. For more information just call and ask about the Moosewood package. We have many guests who come in just to visit the world famous Moosewood restaurant.
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The hotel was great--in the middle of downtown Ithaca with very easy access to Cornell. The staff was extremely helpful and patient. I particularly liked the fact that there was both a Starbucks and a bakery right off the lobby of the hotel--that I didn't have to walk outside. Parking was across the street from the hotel--free and very close. This may be the quietest hotel in which I have ever stayed!

Birmingham, United States
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn in Ithaca is a great place to stay and enjoy the Commons, home of great restaurants and unique shopping. The staff is helpful, cheerful...the rooms spacious, clean..the beds so comfy I want to buy the pillows! After staying a couple of other places in town ( I travel here often ), I wouldn't stay anywhere else but here!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, NY and thank you for the feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your experience during your recent stay. Thank you for your kind words about our staff and our hotel. We are very proud of what we do and how we treat our guests. I am very happy to see we are your only choice of hotel while visiting Ithaca NY.
Okemos, Michigan
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I was here as the guest of Ithaca College and loved my two nights. I'd asked for a quiet room and was at the end of a hallway (Rm. 742) and it was super quiet. I did need extra blankets because it was so cold, but those came within 5 minutes and were amazingly warm. The bed was very comfortable and my only problem was the too-soft pillows, but that's typical for most hotels. The room was a good size for one person and the Keurig coffee maker a nice touch. Breakfast was hearty, with the best home fries I have had in years. Best of all was the staff: uniformly friendly and helpful. I mean everyone: waitstaff at breakfast, desk clerks, and the people shuttling me to and from Ithaca College. One morning I had an early talk there and when I was disconcerted lunch wasn't available until 11:30, which is when I had to leave, the cook volunteered to have it ready for me at 11:00. And when I saw him later that day, he asked how it was! It was, I should add, terrific: a delicious lamb burger and sweet potato fries. And there's a location extra to this hotel: it's on the same block as the famous Moosewood Restaurant.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
I will be sure to let our Chef Zane know about your review. What we do here at HGI Ithaca is treat our families as our guests and our guests as our families. We want to be your home away from home while staying with us.