“Great stay in Ithaca area”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I only stayed one night and spent that night at my plant, only getting a quick nap in the comfy King bed plus a shower in the morning. Wish I could have enjoyed more of the amenities here, but have to say, the Manager's reception was great. Getting in after a 4 hour drive and not having to figure out fast food or spend too much time in a restaurant was a blessing. I didn't partake in the beer or wine because I was heading out to a work function but had I not been working, I definitely would have. The lobby/dining area is very comfortable with a fireplace and TV. The food at breakfast was wonderful: herbed scrambled eggs, hash browns and perfectly cooked bacon. I loved the dark roast coffee option. The room was very well appointed, with full size refrigerator, microwave in the kitchenette. Large stall shower could have used another shelf for soap or shampoo, which actually was missing. No worries, though. I'm sure I could have gotten one from the front desk but I had one in my bag. It's not actually in Ithaca downtown but I imagine that it's easily accessible to the wineries etc. I wasn't there for that this time so I'm not positive. All in all, was a great place to stay. I will be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
WHGGuestService, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review following your recent stay at Homewood Suites Ithaca. We are proud to read that all aspects of the hotel have met your expectations. Guest satisfaction is our main goal at Homewood Suites, and it is rewarding to learn that it has been achieved throughout your stay. Your patronage is appreciated and we look forward to your return in the near future, hopefully on a longer visit.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 12 December 2013

The hotel is located near shopping & close to the colleges in town. The rooms were very clean with everything we needed in the kitchen. The bed was a little firm for my liking, but the staff promised to have a mattress topper next time I visit. The price was a little steep but not bad if you have some points to use. Overall very satisified.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
WHGGuestService, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

We all truly appreciate your kind words and that you’ve taken the time to share them with our future guests on TripAdvisor. It is always our goal to ensure that our guests experience a remarkable stay!

I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your suite, hotel amenities and our location.

Thank you for your great review, and we look forward to host you as our guest again soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 23 November 2013

a beautiful experience, great accommodations, scenic view, the best amenities. Great location, close to malls and fabulous restaurants, yet in the middle of a beautiful and scenic country setting. A must location for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
WHGGuestService, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

On behalf of the Homewood Suites Ithaca team we would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I enjoyed reading your wonderful review, we are proud to read that all the aspects of the hotel have met your expectations and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again on your next trip to Ithaca!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This is a very nice place to stay in Ithaca. The location has easy access to the restaurants and stores in town. The rooms are quiet and clean. What I liked most about the room is how big it is. You have allot of room for luggage and relaxing. You won't feel cramped and confined in these rooms. They are very neat and clean. The other nice amenities are having a little kitchen to use right in your room. There is a refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and coffee maker in your room. The two televisions in the gives you the option of someone watching what they want in the living room and the other person can watch a different show in the bedroom. For long term or short stays in Ithaca I would return to the Homewwod suites and I would recommend it to other travelers.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank WBevanW
WHGGuestService, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca .

It was a great pleasure to read your review, and I was happy to know that you would highly recommend us!

I would like to thank you for your kind detailed remarks about the hotel’s Suites which you have kindly mentioned was large ,very clean and quiet with available TV's and well- equipped Kitchen. We are also happy to know that you liked our easy accessible location to the restaurants and stores in town!

We indeed hope that your travels will bring you back to Ithaca in the near future, it would be a pleasure to have you stay with us again.

Once again thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

In Ithaca at Cornell for the weekend, this is the best Hotel we have experienced. Save the money you would spend at the Statler etc, and go have a great dinner/wine somewhere instead.
The rooms are dead quiet, extremely large and have a kitchenette/large bathroom, sofa sleeper and plenty of room to sit/read/surf. Nice pool for a swim or family gathering; exercise room a little small, 2 treadmills/elliptical and some free weights but we were here for family and football and food. Clean, pleasant staff, great breakfast and appeared to be a safe area, 5-7 minutes from Cornell.

Room Tip: Some rooms allow pets, we (no pet people) were at the back of the hotel, and did not hear a thing, e...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us and taking the time to share it on TripAdvisor.It’s indeed a pleasure to read great reviews from established TripAdvisor Top Contributors such as yourself.
I’d like to personally thank you for your kind words about the hotel staff, We glad you found your room clean and quiet, We also appreciate your positive comments regarding the hotel’s amenities which you kindly mentioned .

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor and recommending us. Your patronage is appreciated and we look forward to seeing you at our hotel again very soon!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

If you're looking for a place with an extra room for kids this is it. If you're visiting your child at college it's nice to have a living room to sit around even if they're sleeping at the dorm. If they want they can even sleep in your suite.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
WHGGuestService, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us and giving us this feedback on TripAdvisor. I’m very pleased to read that you liked the layout of our suites and found our accommodations comfortable. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for your next visit to Ithaca.

Mohamed Abdelrehim,

Reviewed 24 October 2013

great service ; close to local shopping ; well maintained. Only issue was expensive to have the dogs stay. the staff were excellent. the bedding was very crisp and clean. I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
WHGGuestService, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us at Homewood Suites Ithaca.

It was a great pleasure to read your review and the positive comments regarding our services and amenities. I was pleased to read that you would highly recommend us!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Mohamed Abdelrehim,