“Clean/room suite”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This was my first stay at Homewood Suite and I was very pleased with it. Used my HHonors so it was an even greater value. Would definitely recommend this hotel for future stays, full fridge, oven, microwave, utensils, and even dishwashing liquid!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor .We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your kind words and looking forward to welcome you back to in the near future.

Regards,

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca

Reviewed 28 April 2014

As a business traveler I usually choose Hilton Garden Inns, but this was convenient so I gave it a try. Nice clean rooms but I had no use for kitchen and would have preferred a 2 room suite rather than the 1 large room arrangement. Quiet enough although there were many small children all around the hotel. I missed the complimentary "light dinner" and there is no room service so I had to do with grubhub, which is fine. All in all a nice clean place but I most likely will not deviate again from my Hilton Garden Inn choice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have stayed at his hotel on many occasions the General manager Mohamed Abdelrehim, front desk, kitchen and housekeeping staff are exceptional. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff is attentive to your needs and requests. When I was there this past week one of the kitchen staff gave me a welcome back hug. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area. They totally exhibit the 3'C's i.e. Communication, Coordination and Cooperation!!!!!!

Gregory M

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Gregory M,

On behalf of the Homewood Suites team we would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.

It’s wonderful to get rave reviews from one of our repeat guests such as yourself. Thank you for your Kind complements, it’s our associates that really make the difference,and I will personally ensure that your compliments are passed on to our hotel team. I look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit to Ithaca!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 20 April 2014

My family of 4 stayed here one night during a college tour visit. We have stayed at a number of different Homewood Suites and have found them to be a good value. This is up to par with the others, but nothing exceptional. It seems a bit pricey given the location in a fairly rural area. The room was surprisingly small, but clean. We had a quiet room. Breakfast was acceptable. Located a short distance to the University. Overall a good experience. Nothing to rave about, but nothing to complain about either.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
WHGGuestService, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to the Homewood Suites Ithaca. We are proud to read that all aspects of the hotel have met your expectations throughout your stay and we look forward to your return in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed 20 April 2014

From the General Manager Mohamed Abdelrehim, Sales Mgr, Lindsey McDonald, Akina Yokoyama Front desk Supervisor and Sandy Kitchen Supervisor we received the most wonderful and friendly reception. Each and every one of these individuals went out of their way to assist us in every way possible to make our stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank davidsH5336KH
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review about our services and our team. We are delighted to hear about your wonderful experience in our hotel. Please also allow me to thank you for your positive comments with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay with us, some of whom you have personally acknowledged. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Some deceptive marketing ploys started our stay with hassles after a long, long drive -- the front desk staff went out of their way to compensate for a screw-up by Hilton's main booking office, and actually delivered. After that, it was an entirely pleasant stay: decent quality room and facilities, good location for Ithaca and surroundings, albeit the hotel itself is in a less-than-attractive neighborhood with very little appeal. The price is not particularly competitive for a short stay, but the fact that the rooms come with a decent kitchen means that a longer stay could be more economical. The "pet friendly" policy comes with a fairly hidden $100 fee, so for anything less than a week it's not friendly at all. Buyer beware. Breakfast and the included dinner buffet was mediocre at best, but would do in a pinch.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for being a guest of our hotel and for sharing feedback from your stay with us on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to read your review, and I am happy to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us!

I would like to thank you for your positive comments about our front desk staff with regards to your arrival experience. With that said, I am very sorry that you didn't know about the pet fee. Due to all rooms being pet friendly, this fee covers deep-cleaning procedures in the room.

We hope that your travels will bring you back to Ithaca in the near future, it would be a pleasure to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Best hotel we have stayed in in for quite awhile ..plenty of room,Clean and quite.I wish there was more like this hotel where I travel in the USA. the price was higer then most citys I traveled but all hotels in the area were pricey but I recommend this hotel . We loved our big suite with kitchen area ,Hot breakfast daily which was great location 8min from cornell compus . Even with very busy hotel for college weekend everyone made us feel right at home. Great hotel we will be back for College move in week.

Room Tip: book your reservation early for college weeks.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear John R, I really appreciate that you took the time to let us know about your most recent stay with us. Thank you for your fantastic review and your kind words.

We are pleased that you and your family enjoyed our hotel and we left you with such a wonderful experience and I was happy to read that you would highly recommend us! Thank you for complementing our teams efforts. We will ensure that your next stay is as fantastic as this one, and we can’t wait to welcome you back again in August.

Best Regards,