“Solid-ish option in the Commons for a pint and a burger”

Kilpatrick's Publick House
Ranked #73 of 272 Restaurants in Ithaca
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Irish, Pub, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Kilpatrick’s Publick House is a traditional Irish pub featuring authentic Irish-inspired and American cuisine. Our bar offers classic cocktails, Finger Lakes wines, and the most extensive draft list in the area, with 21 taps. Located next to the Hilton Garden Inn of Ithaca, we consider ourselves to be a “place for everyone,” catering not just to a steady bar crowd, but also to families and business travelers who are visiting the area.
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I visited Kilpatrick's multiple times while staying at the Hilton Garden Inn, which is in the same building, during a business trip in month of May.

The beer and scotch selection are appropriately stout (pun intended) for an Irish bar and the menu features a variety of Irish classics, burgers, salads and bar staples (e.g., wings).

In the few times I visited, I saw several of the same faces, so there is a locals/regulars vibe, which is nice.

The food is fresh and can be navigated by those on stricter diets.

Good place to watch a hockey game, but be prepared to defend your turf if you choose to watch something not NHL related during the Stanley Cup Playoffs (cough: NBA).

I will go back when I stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, but dunno if I would make a special trip to Kilpatrick's if I were not a guest at the hotel.

1  Thank midnyterambla
JerryArsen, General Manager at Kilpatrick's Publick House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. The city garage should be done soon with the repairs soon. Our staff members strive to make our guest feel at home.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband and I wanted a nice, pub-style meal. The menu is very extensive and there seemed to be a lot of good choices. He ordered Shepherd's Pie, and I had the "Garbage Plate" - pulled pork, macaroni and cheese and onion rings. Each came with a salad.
The lettuce in the salads was limp. Obviously it had been left out since it wasn't cold either. When our dinners arrived, they were room temperature bordering on cold. My pulled pork portion was very small. The mac and cheese was bland, and the onion rings were almost burnt. It didn't help that nothing was hot, just barely warm. My husband's Shepherd's Pie was barely warm as well.
We should have sent everything back, but after spending the day on the wine trail we were just tired and hungry.
The one good thing was that the service was very good. However, this isn't a place I would recommend or return to.

I just wanted to thank you so very much for taking the time to write your review via Trip Advisor. I know that you are very busy but I cannot tell you how incredibly important your feedback is! I apologize that you were not extremely satisfied with your dinner. We are always trying to grow as a team and provide our guests with superior food and services. It seems we fell short of achieving this during your stay. I have had a meeting with our chef to go over your comments and to get some insight as to why we failed. This is very important to me and our team to show you the kind of quality food you can expect from our Chef’s.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Good menu with enough choices for everyone. Good food at a very good price! Good craft beers! Great location in downtown Ithaca.

1  Thank RichT13_13
JerryArsen, General Manager at Kilpatrick's Publick House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, NY and thank you for the feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your experience during your recent visit to our Pub. Our craft beers are some of the best in town.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We just happened upon Kilpatricks, and we were very pleased. The atmosphere was great, the service friendly. Loved the bar and decor. The beer selection is more than adequate (hey, it is and Irish pub). It was great not to be constantly asked if we were ready to order, as it was our first time. The menu selection was diverse and offers something for everyone. I had the Guinness burger, which was excellent. My wife had a Reuben, she was equally pleased. We'll definitely be stopping in again.

We at Kilpatrick’s Irish Pub are so very happy you enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We were a party of 8 looking for a couple of drinks after a Saturday evening movie show. Kilpatricks was the answer! They were still serving dinner so they accommodated us at the bar in the back -- met our needs perfectly for conversation and drinks. Good choices of drinks -- at least 3 choices of Irish beers. The Irish fries were scrumptious.
Loved the Irish-Victorian booth theme at the back.

Request: rename the "black and tan" onion rings -- it's offensive and insensitive in an Irish Publick House

1  Thank rh24

I just wanted to thank you so very much for taking the time to write your review. Our Irish-Victorian booths are a big hit with our restaurant guests.