“Best Western University Inn Ithaca NY”

Best Western University Inn
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
East Setauket, New York
“Best Western University Inn Ithaca NY”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

The hotel was very clean and the staff was excellent. The room was a comfortable size. We needed a pet friendly hotel, and the hotel was very pet friendly. Definitely would come back again. It was very close to where we needed to be (Cornell University) and very accessible to local shopping.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Best47958, Director of Sales at Best Western University Inn, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Dear Thomas,
Thank for taking the time to give us a good review. We are fortunate to be so close to the Veterinary Hospital and many of our travellers are recommended by Cornell. We also pleased about your reponse regarding the cleanliness of the hotel and our staff. Should you be returning to the Veterinary Hospital in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us again in the future at 1-607-272-6100.
Happy Holidays!
Jim McMann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This hotel is laid out awkward they have 3 separate building and some not connected so had to walk or drive to lobby in freezing temps for Breakfast...which was lame. So if you stay here forget the breakfast if you get stuck in faraway bldg. They had microwave and fridge..which was good so bring or buy food. Some room are nicer than others...if you stay request room with fireplace...those were nicer. Also that have a a floating room rate...friends of mine stayed same time and they paid $50 less than what I paid for same room type.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Best47958, Director of Sales at Best Western University Inn, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
We apologize that you felt the layout of the hotel was not adequate for your recent stay. The fireplace rooms are located in the 400 building which is the farthest building in our complex. Our rates, as all hotels, do change throughout the year. For example, there are great deals with our booking agents, like Priceline or Expedia. We also have negotiated rates with several local companies. Should you be returning to Ithaca in the future, I can personally assist you with a rate and request either our main building or the 100 building which is right across the breezeway to our front door. Please don't hesitate to contact me at 1-607-272-6100 and ask for me.
Kind regards,
Portland
Reviewed 7 December 2013

This is something of a sprawling hotel not far from the Cornell campus ... though it can be a bit tricky to find.The rooms are big, the front desk folks are helpful. It's a bit pricey, but it's a nice stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
We do appreciate your feedback on you recent stay with us. Ithaca does have number of special event weekends throughout the year(Homecoming, Orientation), but also have a number of affordable dates throughout the year. Also, if you join Best Western Rewards, you can save up points for a future free stay. Please don't hesitate to contact me at the hotel and we can get you signed up.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The past two times I have stayed at this hotel I have had beds with dirty sheets. Both times I have had one of the beds in the room covered in a large amount of body hair. My company has been using this hotel for years and it's constantly one that I dread going to.

• Stayed November 2013
Best47958, Director of Sales at Best Western University Inn, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
We are very disappointed that your recent stay was so lacking. At our daily housekeeping meeting, I will be reviewing your comments with the staff. Please accept my invitation for a complimentary stay in the future and I will personally take care of your accommodations. My e-mail is jmcmann@twintierhospitalty.com.
Regards,
woodstock, United States
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Was a fine hotel experience other than waking up with the worst pain in my neck that I have ever experienced. If traveling here I recommend bringing your own pillow. Room was fairly clean and staff was friendly and helpful. The hallways were a bit dated and dingy but lobby and room were fine.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Best47958, Director of Sales at Best Western University Inn, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear Merdith,
I hope your neck is feeling better. It's unfortunate that that was the last impression you had of our hotel. The next time you come back, I will request extra pillows if that gives you a better night's sleep. Please don't hesitate to call us when you coming back to Ithaca.
Jim
Oneida, New York
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The hotel was clean, and staff was very friendly, helpful and accomadating. The room was quiet, and comfortable. Will stay again if in the area. It was close to my point of business, and places of interest

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Best47958, Director of Sales at Best Western University Inn, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Hi, Craig and Dan!
That was a very generous review of our hotel. We are glad to hear that staff was so accommodating and the room was comfortable. Please don't hesitate to contact us when you return to Ithaca in the future.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I could not give manager Jim and his staff a higher rating or thank them enough for the way they responded to our crisis. We live in Charlotte, NC and my wifes service dog needed major surgery that could only be done at Cornell Univ College of Veterinary Medicine. We traveled the 750 miles and checked into another close by motel with Blanca the night before the surgery. The staff there was absolutely rude the moment we came through the front door. The two staff members at the desk and manager had no idea what a service dog was or the ADA laws concerning service dogs. They wanted me to sign a paper on "pets" and pay their $15 "pet charge". I refused, took our room and called their corporate office. Their corporate office was horrified the staff did not know the ADA laws on service dogs. Later that evening the front desk called our room and said the manager would reduce the "pet" charge to $5. I told them I would not even pay that and that I would be calling the Federal ADA non-compliance phone number in the morning to report them. We checked out the next morning and took Blanca to the hospital where the doctor there told us of the Best Western University just off campus and that they surely knew what a service dog was. Blanca had her surgery and we checked into the Best Western University. We stayed there with her post surgery for another 3 nights. Everyone was so kind asking how she was doing and what else could they do for her. We will certainly be staying at the Best Western University for her follow up visit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Best47958, Director of Sales at Best Western University Inn, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Joe,
We really appreciate your comments on our hotel and staff! it's unfortunate that the first experience with Ithaca didn't go well, but glad that we were able to accommodate you for the remainder of your stay. When you and Bianca return to Ithaca and Cornell University, please e-mail me at jmcmann@twintierhospitality.com and I would be pleased to make your reservation.
Kind regards,