“A disappointing stay” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Saint Clair Shores
“A disappointing stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

The room had no heat and staff was unable to fix. Shower water came out both lower and upper spouts at the same time. Rusty shower, uncovered cable outlets, paint chipping off the wall. Several attempts to contact the general manager, but he never was available and no voice mail could be left.. Although the staff gave us a 30% discount, it didn't quite make up for the inconveniences.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Art L, General Manager at Ramada Ithaca Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
First let me sincerely apologize for our Hotel not providing you with a satisfactory stay. I also apologize for the fact that this situation was not resolved before you left. It is our mission that every Guest leave here satisfied and willing to return. I am also concerned that I was not contacted about this matter and will find out why. I carry a cell phone, have Office voice mail (which is working) and have my personal email address listed in every Guest Room. In closing I apologize that our efforts to solve this matter by providing you with a 30% discount fell short of your expectations. If you would please contact me directly at ramada.gm@aol.com I would be happy to discuss this matter further.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

A group of 3 of us stayed here for Ithaca Alumni Weekend. The room was clean and unbelievably comfortable. Location is by the mall which is a little far from the college but doable if you have someone who doesn't mind doing some driving. Only problem was we booked 2 Double beds and got a King and they couldn't fix that! They gave us a cot free of charge but I had to negotiate that. Overall we were satisfied!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Art L, General Manager at Ramada Ithaca Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
I was very glad to hear that we provided you with a "clean and comfortable room", but apologize for the mix-up with your reservation. If you could email the reservation information to ramada.gm@aol.com I would like to investigate the matter to find out what happened and get back to you with the specifics. I was also glad to hear that you were not charged a fee for the cot and I would have reversed those charges for you had they not, based on the circumstances. We hope to see you again in the future.