“The staff were perfectly friendly, but the rooms look...”

Ramada Ithaca Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Reviewed 6 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Ramada Ithaca Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed 5 May 2014

There really isn't one good thing to say. When I drove up to the hotel I was disappointed at the appearance of the outside, but I've stayed in enough hotels to know that the outside doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot sometimes. Well, this time it did. The service wasn't great at the front desk and when I finally got to my room, the smell of mildew was so robust I could barely take it. They came down and sprayed the room, I opened the window, and then turned on the air conditioning. If I was with my family there is no shot we would have continued our stay, but I figured I could tough it out since I was on my own.

It continues. The bed was so old it felt like I was sleeping in a hammock and not a bed. The pillows were awful and then to add insult to injury, when I called down to set my wake up call for the next day, no-one answered. I literally called four times - letting it ring almost twenty times each time and it was never answered. No wake up call.

When I was awoken by my cell phone at 7:45, for my 9:00 meeting, I went to the bathroom, turned on the water to take a shower, and low and behold - no hot water. How do you have a hotel and not have hot water for showers? That was the last straw.

To summarize: Bad appearance, bad smell, bad bed, bad pillows, bad service, and no hot water. Enough said!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Art L, General Manager at Ramada Ithaca Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

First let me sincerely apologize for your unsatisfactory stay at our Hotel. We are working very hard to make needed improvements, and we are all sincerely sorry that we failed in your case. We will thoroughly investigate each issue that you brought to our attention and start fixing it. The hot water issue has already been completely resolved. I would greatly appreciate if you could email my the room number that you stayed in so that we can better focus our efforts. The address is ramada.gm@aol.com. We hope that you will return to give us another chance in the future to see our progress.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

IMy wife had read reviews about this hotel and was a little concerned. Many if the complaints a manager from the hotel responded, when we arrived, true the two front doors have some battle scars for having lugga based into it. Checked in very friendly staff, who followed up with a call 10 minutes later to check on us, hallway carpet in the hallways on the 2nd floor is new. Open our room, room has been partially renovated, carpets all new, new bed frames, new mattresses, sheets and pillows, flat screen HDTV, sadly with only a SD feed. Furniture was also new, mini frige. Mimi safe,The bathroom is dated but extreme clean and all works well. At some point I'm sure this hotel will upgrade the bathrooms and the doors to the rooms. Next trip to Ithaca I will be happy to stay at the ramada

Room Tip: Ask for one on the second floor over looking the pool, if not it is the main road or a mall parking...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kenny C
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Reviewed 29 April 2014

The room was fine. The only issue was that the bed lamp and clock were not plugged into the wall outlet.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Art L, General Manager at Ramada Ithaca Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

I would like to first thank you for taking the time to let us and TripAdvisor know about your recent visit to the Ramada in Ithaca, NY. We were glad to hear that your room was "fine" and that other then the two unplugged items, there were no other issues. I have discussed this matter with our Housekeeping Department and steps have been taken to make sure that our Staff does a better job of checking our rooms. Thank you again for your help in making us a better Hotel.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Art L, General Manager at Ramada Ithaca Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Upon checking in the first room was 2 double bed which I had to change rooms because I had requested a King. The second room had a problem with the door and would not lock due to the door jam being damaged. The third room I stayed in was very dirty, dusty and overall very run down. Every time you turn on the sink the water would run out on the floor. Carpet was gross.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

First let me sincerely apologize to you for your unsatisfactory visit. We are working very hard to improve both our product and customer service, and I am truly sorry that in your case we did not meet expectations. It appears that you were put into rooms that should not have been in service.
If you could email the specifics of which rooms you were placed in I will look further into this matter and provide you with a more detailed explanation of what occurred here. More importantly though it will allow me to better fix the problem to prevent a repeat of this issue. My email address is ramada.gm@aol.com. I thank you for help in making us a better Hotel in the future.