“Get a bit of France in Ithaca”

La Tourelle Hotel, Bistro, Spa
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
New York City, New York
“Get a bit of France in Ithaca”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Love this small charming resort hotel! The location was great - situated on Danby Road in the outskirt of Ithaca so just a short drive to attractions like Ithaca Falls and Cornell University.

Our room was tastefully decorated. It had a gas fireplace and a balcony overlooking the lawn and water pond. The bed was clean and comfortable and the bathroom was spacious. We did a nice walk on the lawn just before sunset and totally enjoyed the tranquility of the ground and the fresh air (it was a Sunday evening so very few guests around).

Room service was provided by the John Thomas Steakhouse right on the ground. Instead of dinning out we enjoyed a great steak dinner in our room with our own bottle of wine. My wife also got a message at the August Moon Spa which she said was excellent. Guest not into massage like myself could enjoy a hot tea in the Tranquility Room.

It was a perfect stay except that one night was just not enough.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Victor, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

My husband and I spend a night here as part of a getaway weekend. The room was very large and the beds were the most comfortable I've ever slept on. Pillows were great too. We had a beautiful view of the garden and valley. Nice ponds, gazebos and water features...very soothing and relaxing. The lobby is small but comfy. They had a nice wine tasting with a very personable and fun bartender. Free coffee and cookies are a nice touch. We did not try the Bistro restaurant but had dinner at the steakhouse next door and it was delicious though a little overpriced. We received a free bottle of champagne as it was our anniversary and that we very nice as well. On the down side....the bathroom looked very rundown and beat up. There was practically no water pressure in the shower and the towels were thin and scratchy. There was also a funny smell in the lobby and hallways though I didn't notice it in the room. I was disappointed in the spa service. I selected a 25 minute package where you could have one part massaged (I selected my feet) but he mainly rubbed oil on them and did some stretching....not much massaging. Overall it was nice but I probably wouldn't go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the valley, you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MsBarbara079
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I went to Ithaca college and this was always the "fancy place" our parents stayed. I returned this weekend for a girls' weekend and the hotel was very lovely. Its a sweet B&B with easy access. The bed was ridiculously comfortable the room was very clean. Also, the gym is teeny tiny -- with a few machines but no place to lie on the floor to stretch and do abs or anything.

I also had a massage in August Moon spa that was very good. The relaxation room was quite lovely.
Expensive for what it is but very lovely.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Travelers Rest, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Ithaca was not on my short list but it is now!!! I had the opportunity to stay at La Tourelle just by chance and what a wonderful surprise. This is a JEWEL of a B&B. The room was spacious and clean I could open windows for fresh air. The bathroom was very spacious and very clean. The bed so comfy..I slept.
Quite..pretty..interesting .A No pet area made it easy to be sure my room was smoke and pet free.
There is a spa attached but I didn't have time to expereince it. I will next visit...hopefully I will have a reason to visit Ithaca again.
BREAKAST..I do not remember being able to eat that much and not feel stuffed. Local produce and eggs just enhanced a fantatic meal. Waiter was so informative.
I LOVED THIS PLACE.

Room Tip: couldn't say...I would think they are all wonderful.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank unhappy12342013
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

A couple of touring Brits en route from Cape Cod to Canada, our agent had booked us into 2 hotels for one night stops. After a disappointing night in Albany, La Tourelle was a great treat. Super dinner in the steakhouse and super breakfast in the bistro. If ever we have the chance we'd like to stay longer.

1 Thank Philip B
ludington, michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights, midweek in September. The staff was very friendly. Our queen room did not have much of a view (we were in a corner which gave us a partial view of the grounds and partial view of the back wall of the hotel) however it was spacious and comfortable. The hotel is starting to show its age, especially in the bathroom however everything was clean. We walked from the hotel grounds down through Buttermilk Falls State Park which was a beautiful hike. We ate breakfast in the dining room one morning and it was large and delicious. The waiter (can't remember his name - sorry) was fantastic. We also enjoyed the lemon ice water, coffee and cookies in the lobby along with the afternoon happy hour at the lobby bar.

1 Thank sparty1134
Carp, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Whenever I need to get away, I immediately check availability at La Tourelle. I have stayed there several times and have never been disappointed. The ambience of the lovely spacious rooms and the pleasant staff is always a treat. Since I often travel with my small dog for company, it is wonderful to find comfortable lodging that allows well behaved dogs in some of the rooms. The breakfast room and wine tasting are an added pleasure, as are the surrounding grounds. I have tried the August Moon spa and enjoyed the amenities there...excellent massage team! For me, it is well worth the five hour drive to have a comfortable and relaxing time...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo