“Great hotel in the heart of downtown Ithaca” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Hotel Ithaca

The Hotel Ithaca
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Mansfield, Massachusetts, United States
“Great hotel in the heart of downtown Ithaca”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed 2 nights with my teenage daughter. We had a room in the executive tower and found it clean and comfortable. The 2 queen beds had duvets and feather pillows. The bathroom had a beautiful walk in shower with curved glass doors and a rain shower head. The addition of a in room fridge was a plus. The rooms were very quiet and the staff was very friendly. We would definitely stay again and recommend The Hotel Ithaca.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the executive tower and were on the 8th flooor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cathie C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Our room was clean, but worn. We got a good deal on priceline and it was a perfectly average nice hotel. My husband clogged the toilet within min of getting there and maintenance responded super fast, was very friendly and fixed it immediately. The proximity to downtown Ithaca was what really mattered to me and it was perfectly situated for that. And they let us check in over two hours early.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Rockville, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We arrived tired, hot & hungry. We were asked if we wanted to take the stairs to our room or stay on ground level - they have NO elevator! Really? So of course we said ground floor as after a 6 hour drive we didn't want to carry luggage up flights of stairs. Well our mistake - our room was OLD & DIRTY! The AC was more like a FAN. Bed & linens were terrible. I don't even think you could call them pillows. We were so tired that we decided to try Max's Grill (hotel restaurant). OMG I didn't think it could get worse...but it did. Food was so bad that we ate (2) bites and left. Our room, meal & taxes were $355!! What a total rip off!!!... please DO NOT stay here. I am so mad at myself that I didn't stay at the Hilton Garden or Courtyard Marriott. Which is where I will be staying next visit!

2 Thank Steph7168

Travellers are raving about these Ithaca hotels

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I'm 8 months pregnant and have a 1.5 year old. I called a few days in advance to confirm the reservation and see if I could get a room on either the first floor or on an elevator floor. Also, we preferred a tub for the little one. It took a while to find the front desk to find the booking (we used a third party vendor) but once he did, he was able to confirm and assure me that we would have an easily accessible room with a tub...

We arrived Friday night at 9 on Cornell reunion weekend. There was only one room left. On the second floor. No elevator. You know, if the person I spoke with said they couldn't guarantee it, I would have been fine, but to say that it was fine and then not have it is just annoying...

The room itself was newly renovated but it wasn't cleaned very well. There were hairs on our bed sheets and the bathroom also had hair. The shower (no bath tub) also had a ring of black on the outside and some possible blood stains... But there were no other rooms in the hotel.

The beds are also very very high. Let's just say it was amusing to watch a very pregnant me climb into one. I'm 5'5" and am I'm good shape, but the bed was lofted. Who thought that was a good idea? And the pillows were really weird, the were square from how the case was tucked in and super lumpy. It felt like they were decades old. Needless to say, not the best night sleep.

The next morning we went down for the free breakfast. Apparently, there was none. We showed the front desk our booking confirmation and they said that was a mistake. Nothing else...

And finally, the day after we checked out we noticed a duplicate charge. The hotel charged us for rooms that were prepaid!!! Scam? When we called, they were prompt in correcting this but this shouldn't have happened at all!

I wouldn't ever go back here despite its convenience to the commons. It just wasn't worth it.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Suzy S
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We checked into The Hotel Ithaca on June 5th only to find our hotel room to be filthy and nothing like what was pictured on the website. We also found evidence of a bed bug infestation. We immediately vacated the room and ask the manager at the front desk to either find us another hotel or to get us into a room that was clean and free of bed bugs. Management was friendly and very helpful getting us upgraded to one of their newly renovated rooms in The Tower section of their hotel. Overall, our stay was uneventful and the new room was very clean.

Room Tip: Make sure you watch YouTube videos on how to check a room for bed bugs. This helped me immediately...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Comfy beds, roomy room, good pillows, lovely accessories in the bathroom.
We had a room designated handicapped, and that usually means a larger bathroom. In this case, it was rather large, and the grab bars were well-placed, but there is a tub, and that could mean it would be impossible for some of us to shower.
Single-serve coffee maker in the room with decent coffee, but those little packs of one sugar and one creamer were insufficient. Two paper cups, 2 sugar packs, 2 car and 2 decaf. Miserly, a bit.
Free parking in rear of hotel, directly behind the room, which was convenient. I would have liked a higher floor, but handicapped rooms are almost always on the ground or first floor for safety, so we couldn't have that.
Although the room was designated nonsmoking, the smell of cigarette smoke was in the hall. Joe, the front desk clerk, very helpful to us, noted this when he assisted us to our room.
I will say that the highlight of this hotel was Joe, who helped us with luggage and suggestions. Came by himself to give us more coffee and sugar packets late at night.
In a hotel that clearly would like to be known as a little upscale (look around a pleasant lobby) stinting on room and staff does not help the reputation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maxene923
Radnor, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Visited recently and when I checked in I asked for a room at a higher floor. I was told by receptionist that the rate meant the room was NOT in the tower. Front reception was not particularly friendly and did not offer other rooms or rates. I asked two women to confirm that room was not smoking and it did NOT smell like smoke and she stared at me and then changed my room assignment! I guess you can rent smokey non-smoking rooms. I had purchased "best available rate" and did not see other options online. Room was clean but bathroom layout is like a motel with sink in room and shower and toilet seperate. there was construction so if it had not been for really pleasent asian maid's help we never would have found our room. Hotel employees were smoking in a little pen like enclosed area outside our window which was disturbing early in morning (hearing voices and smelling smoke). I just now revisted their website and you really have to dig to find that yes there are other rooms in the tower and they are $30 more. It should not be hidden. I would have paid. The photo gallery on landing page does not show older building rooms they show only TOWER ROOMS - which would lead a normal person to believe that all rooms were the same. Showing the Nice rooms only on landing page and then the not at nice room price at booking section - unless you drill to select specific rooms - is a bit misleading. Look carefully and make sure you are booking room you wanted!

Room Tip: Make sure room is really non-smoking AND doesnt reek by asking. Make sure that if you want the rooms...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
amyh238, Sales Administrator at The Hotel Ithaca, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that our hotel did not fully meet with your expectations. Our rates do tend to fluctuate depending on room type and availability at time of booking. We have currently updated our Tower rooms and are in the process of updating a portion of our rooms in the main building as well. Therefore our website has been in the ongoing stages of being updated and showcasing the quality of our new product with more still to come! I would like to mention that our hotel is a 100% non-smoking hotel, however sometimes guests do smoke in the rooms and while we do our best to rid these rooms of the smell of smoke we sometimes unsuccessful in our efforts. While it is our intention to provide our guests with an exceptional level of service, cleanliness and quaility of its product we sometimes fall short of our goals. We do thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.