“What is not to like?”

Collegetown Bagels
Ranked #16 of 270 Restaurants in Ithaca
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: High quality, unique sandwich options for every palette. With three locations in Ithaca, NY CTB has become an Ithaca institution. Many gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian options available. Fair-trade coffee, sustainable business practices, and fun bustling atmosphere. Friendly staff and fast service, CTB has everything you need for an enjoyable and memorable dining experience. See you soon!
Reviewed 17 March 2014

If you are expecting neat, clean, and serene then on most days you should just keep on moving. That is not to say that it is a messy, dirty, or out of control place. It's just that a place like this, located near the edge of the gorge that borders the Cornell campus, that does the kind of business that it does, is almost always going to be a little ragged, noisy, and crowded.
But oh....the bagels. A wonderful assortment of mouth watering autentic boiled & baked on site bagels that will satisfy every taste awaits. And to make it even better there is a wide selection of bagel sandwiches offered that are a meal all on their own (have one with the quad espresso...). And the staff is a joy to watch as they coreograph the dance that is ordering, preparing, and delivering the food.
As it is a college town, if you are there before 10 am (a little earlier on weekends when a lot of parents are in town) it is as quiet and swift as it's going to get. After that, the students emerge from their nightly hibernation and fill the place with the usual assortment of geeks, freaks, Greeks, Preppies, and the perpetually average college Joes and Janes. Then, it's a bit of a dance to order, pay, retrieve food and claim a spot to eat it. But man, bite into that bagel and sip that espresso and it is all worth it...
If you are in the area and don't stop, well. ..you've missed it.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

This place was awesome! I asked the girl working behind the counter (who was also awesome for wearing a batman shirt) what the most popular bagel/sandwich was and she gave me a few options with meat as well as vegetarian. I ended up getting the California Sunrise I believe it was called and it was really really good. Also tried their honey walnut cream cheese, really really good. All around delicious food and great service!!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

As I pulled open the dense glass door, a delicious aroma surrounded me, luring me towards the shop. I turned to grin at my friend, excited for the awaiting food and I once again caught a glimpse of the breathtakingly beautiful landscape behind her. Immobilized, I froze, taking in the beauty of it all before drifting towards the smell of bagels.

Looking out of the windows, I could see the majestic buildings, the rolling hills, and the countryside stretched out beneath me. I maneuvered my way through the crowded but cozy store and joined the queue. In line, I pondered over the wide selection of choices. Being extremely indecisive and having so many delectable selections to choose from, I was in a pleasant predicament. To my left, the numerous choices in food and beverage were either displayed in an inviting fashion or written on a large chalkboard in colorful chalk. Behind me the line was continuously growing, reminding me how popular this little place was. To my right and in front of me, college students were living out their everyday lives. Watching the students laughing and studying while sipping warm beverages and munching on bagels is when it really started to click for me. I imagined myself walking down from campus in between classes, looking for a bite to eat. I envisioned myself strolling through the trees, bagel in hand, as the leaves turned from green to honey golden and then began to cover the ground before the snow blanketed everything.

After I was able to make my selection, I ordered, and in a very small amount of time my food was ready, along with lots of smiles from the pleasant workers. The rest of my party also received their order rather rapidly with the same courteous affairs. We settled on a park bench a few steps away from the shop and began to start on our snacks. I became immersed into a land of fiction. Students were wandering up and down the streets, many of them with coffee cups and bagels in their hands chatting to their friends. All of them looked like they belonged there and felt at home. At that moment I knew that I wanted to be a Big Red at Cornell. I finished my last sip and headed off to find a Cornell sweatshirt to inspire me to work towards my dream.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

While in Ithaca, a day before our nephew graduated from Cornell, he took us here to eat breakfast.

The place is a young hipsters paradise. There were a few old fogies like my wife, her brother, and his wife there but ninety percent of the customers were around college aged. The youngsters had their laptops and smartphones out in use while munching on breakfast fare of bagels or fruit, or just drinking coffee.

I ordered the Round House which comes with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and hash browns with pepper-jack cheese on a rosemary salt bagel. Take note: You must love salt A LOT to order this one. There's so much rock salt on it you can scrape seventy-five percent of it off and still have enough salt left to kill an army of snails! Other than too much salt on the bagel, it was very tasty.

My wife ordered coffee, I had milk from their fridge, and she absolutely loved her cup of Joe. She likes a strong cup and just raved about it.

If you're in the area, stop by and enjoy their food and joyful vibe. You'll want to be eighteen again, I guarantee!

1  Thank PigFox
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I was in Ithaca recently with one of my children, and was left to dine on my own for much of the time, as they were involved in many activities. CTB is awesome in its ability to offer a huge menu and excellent coffee. I thoroughly enjoyed my bagel and coffee, my sandwich, and later my salad. I rarely eat at the same place more than once when visiting, but CTB is an exception.