“Good spot for breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 260 Restaurants in Ithaca
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Fast food
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: High quality, unique sandwich options for every palette. With three locations in Ithaca, NY CTB has become an Ithaca institution. Many gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian options available. Fair-trade coffee, sustainable business practices, and fun bustling atmosphere. Friendly staff and fast service, CTB has everything you need for an enjoyable and memorable dining experience. See you soon!
New York City, New York
“Good spot for breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I've visited a few times and the food has always been good. Their bagels are fresh and flavorful and there are lots of options for sandwiches and wraps. I had the huevos senora on a garlic bagel- scrambled eggs, avocado, salsa and white cheddar, yum! They also have a wide selection of vegan and vegetarian options. There are many grab and go options- like salads, hummus and bottled beverages. They have a dessert case that always catches my eye but as I've only been for breakfast, I've never ordered any desserts. They have several locations in Ithaca, near Cornell has a nice outdoor seating area but is usually bustling with college students, the location in the East Hill Plaza is equally as delicious and slightly less crowded.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, Arizona
“Delicious, Fun Casual Dining Spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Loved the variety of delicious bagel sandwich and wrap options! Incredibly good coffee, too. Loved it!

Visited March 2014
Strong, Maine
“What is not to like?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

If you are expecting neat, clean, and serene then on most days you should just keep on moving. That is not to say that it is a messy, dirty, or out of control place. It's just that a place like this, located near the edge of the gorge that borders the Cornell campus, that does the kind of business that it does, is almost always going to be a little ragged, noisy, and crowded.
But oh....the bagels. A wonderful assortment of mouth watering autentic boiled & baked on site bagels that will satisfy every taste awaits. And to make it even better there is a wide selection of bagel sandwiches offered that are a meal all on their own (have one with the quad espresso...). And the staff is a joy to watch as they coreograph the dance that is ordering, preparing, and delivering the food.
As it is a college town, if you are there before 10 am (a little earlier on weekends when a lot of parents are in town) it is as quiet and swift as it's going to get. After that, the students emerge from their nightly hibernation and fill the place with the usual assortment of geeks, freaks, Greeks, Preppies, and the perpetually average college Joes and Janes. Then, it's a bit of a dance to order, pay, retrieve food and claim a spot to eat it. But man, bite into that bagel and sip that espresso and it is all worth it...
If you are in the area and don't stop, well. ..you've missed it.

• Visited March 2014
Weston, Massachusetts
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

This place was awesome! I asked the girl working behind the counter (who was also awesome for wearing a batman shirt) what the most popular bagel/sandwich was and she gave me a few options with meat as well as vegetarian. I ended up getting the California Sunrise I believe it was called and it was really really good. Also tried their honey walnut cream cheese, really really good. All around delicious food and great service!!

• Visited February 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“The ABC's of Recruiting (A Bagel from Cornell)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

As I pulled open the dense glass door, a delicious aroma surrounded me, luring me towards the shop. I turned to grin at my friend, excited for the awaiting food and I once again caught a glimpse of the breathtakingly beautiful landscape behind her. Immobilized, I froze, taking in the beauty of it all before drifting towards the smell of bagels.

Looking out of the windows, I could see the majestic buildings, the rolling hills, and the countryside stretched out beneath me. I maneuvered my way through the crowded but cozy store and joined the queue. In line, I pondered over the wide selection of choices. Being extremely indecisive and having so many delectable selections to choose from, I was in a pleasant predicament. To my left, the numerous choices in food and beverage were either displayed in an inviting fashion or written on a large chalkboard in colorful chalk. Behind me the line was continuously growing, reminding me how popular this little place was. To my right and in front of me, college students were living out their everyday lives. Watching the students laughing and studying while sipping warm beverages and munching on bagels is when it really started to click for me. I imagined myself walking down from campus in between classes, looking for a bite to eat. I envisioned myself strolling through the trees, bagel in hand, as the leaves turned from green to honey golden and then began to cover the ground before the snow blanketed everything.

After I was able to make my selection, I ordered, and in a very small amount of time my food was ready, along with lots of smiles from the pleasant workers. The rest of my party also received their order rather rapidly with the same courteous affairs. We settled on a park bench a few steps away from the shop and began to start on our snacks. I became immersed into a land of fiction. Students were wandering up and down the streets, many of them with coffee cups and bagels in their hands chatting to their friends. All of them looked like they belonged there and felt at home. At that moment I knew that I wanted to be a Big Red at Cornell. I finished my last sip and headed off to find a Cornell sweatshirt to inspire me to work towards my dream.

• Visited November 2013