Super 8 Ithaca
Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$171
US$148
US$134
Hampton Inn Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$230
US$202
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Courtyard Ithaca Airport/University(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$231
US$191
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$200
All reviewswegman's supermarketno elevatorbagelsroom was cleancontinental breakfastfridge and microwavemake your own wafflesconvenient locationwalking distanceparents weekendwaffle makerithaca nypleasant staywould stay againcornell universitycollege visitmotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I have stayed at this property numerous times. This stay was very good, as usual. Compared to other Super 8 facilities, this one is very well kept and much cleaner. The desk staff were pleasant and helpful. The room was comfortable; the bed was excellent. Towels were much better than normal, and the shower had good height and water pressure. The wi-fi service was reliable and the speed was very good. There were two minor issues. The parking lot had excessive amounts of garbage strewn near the entrance when I arrived. It was clean by the next morning. Also, when I returned to the hotel in the evening, I was welcomed by several gentlemen drinking (and throwing the empties on the ground), smoking and using profanity in the parking lot. I mentioned this to the desk clerk, but nothing was done to remove them. Apparently they were customers. They did not stay outside too late into the evening, so they did not interrupt my sleep. Overall, I would definitely look to stay here again should travels bring me to Ithaca.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank bovenzba
Julie F, General Manager at Super 8 Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay with us. I am so pleased you continue staying with us! I am glad you are enjoying the new towels that we have put in. I do apologize for the contractors we have staying with us hanging out by the front entrance. We are in the process of trying to find a location to put a seating area outside to better assist these guests. Until then, we will direct them to the picnic table we have set up on the other side of the parking lot. We look forward to seeing you next time you are here!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stopped in at the Super 8 Ithaca while on a trip to visit Cornell University. It was a pleasant surprise. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was nothing to write home about, but it was sufficient. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay with us. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting Cornell University. Our staff does a tremendous job on a daily basis, and seeing compliments like yours make them do even better. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the Ithaca area!

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

It's no nonsense and not luxurious in any way but it gets the job done and a bit. Clean and we'll maintained. Very close to the town, we easily walked back and forth several times with two kids (11+14). Well situated for getting to a lot of the surrounding attractions. B&N and a very nice organic supermarket right next door. Breakfast is a bit boring but if they'd turn the TV off or at least down it'd be pretty decent.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank DanSurv

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay with us. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to walk to several places throughout downtown Ithaca! I have taken into consideration about the noise level of the TV and the problem is solved. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the Ithaca area!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I selected this hotel for its proximity to Ithaca College - but quickly regretted it.

This Super 8 must have seen better days. Dim, noisy location wedged into a Wegmans' parking lot and a busy off ramp, poorly kept up and the one thing they could easily do, which is at least welcome you with a smile at the front desk at check in, was the opposite of what I experienced.

The clerk at check in acted like she was doing me a favor by looking up and bothering to check me in. The desk clerk acted mostly disinterested except she made a huge fuss about writing down the exact license number for my car, which was a rental I had not memorized. Getting my license number was the only thing she put any effort into. Do a lot of bank robbers stay at this Super 8 ?

Also, hotel would not honor slightly lower price on the internet by one of their affiliates.

Overall, poor value and experience. Definitely not "Super" - won't be back.

Room Tip: Try to at least get a room away from the off ramp side of the building, which may be difficult since the hotel is small and basically configured into the dead space created by the adjacent off ramp on one side and a busy plaza parking lot on the other side. Trucks and traffic going by all night on ramp side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
12  Thank RochesterNYFamily

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay with us. I do apologize that you thought we were next to a busy off ramp and that we are poorly kept up. We are located on a side street, with our own parking lot, not connected to Wegman’s. We strive our best daily, and feel that our hotel is very well kept up. We are currently undergoing breakfast room renovations, and have recently updated all the rooms with new linen, new carpet and new mattresses. As well as new carpet in the lobby and in the hallways. We do apologize you did not enjoy your stay with us and we did not meet your needs.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I hesitated to stay at a Super8, but the other choices in the area were too expensive for a quick sleep and run. What a nice surprise this was. Our room looked clean and recently renovated. Comfortable bed. A great value. Easy to drive to and there is a Wegmans next door!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gothamNYC
Julie F, General Manager at Super 8 Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay with us! We are glad that the Super 8 Ithaca met your standards. Our staff works very hard on a daily basis to ensure that the Super 8 Ithaca is truly a wonderful place to stay. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the Ithaca area!