“low quality. value not worth the price.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have recently stayed 2 days at this hotel due to my daughter going to college here. The hallway to the rooms look dark and dreary. It takes forever for the bathroom lights to come on. The bed linens are wrinkled as if they just take the linen out of the dryer, stuff them on the housekeeping carts and put them on the bed. The beds looked sloppy. The room had a smell to it. The bathroom looked clean however, the piece of glass that they put the shampoo and stuff on, it had leftover soap residue. It looked like they just put new stuff on it and didn't even bother to wipe it down. I questioned the overall cleanliness. I combined the garbage bags into one bag and the garbage cans needed to be washed out. There was old liquid build up in the one can. The housekeeping staff look sloppy, dress sloppy or wrinkled.
The front desk staff service was pretty good. Friendly. The tall young man was very friendly and helpful. He provided us with local maps and activities we may be interested in. There was however, one girl that was loud and boastful. Every time we walked through the lobby, she would be sitting down playing on facebook. Maybe she could be less obvious if she used the computer facing the small dining area? I walked through the hallway on one occasion while the entrance to the hallway was propped open and could hear her conversations about another staff member. The lobby echos and her voice being loud, I could still hear her half way down the hall. On the plus side, her service was pretty good and she knew about many of the local restaurants. I would suggest she tone it down (or keep the door shut) and pay attention to what she says as she doesn't seem to care who may be listening. Also, smiling and greeting people should take precedence over facebook.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Jennifer F, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Kwalynn,
Thank you for letting us know. This is not what we expect for our employees, it is disappointing and upsetting to hear this kind of behavior. It is not acceptable or professional. I appreciate your comments regarding our housekeeping department. This is not the standards we hold ourselves to. I will be making changes to fix these issues. Thank you for letting me know so I can correct this.
Regards,

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I stay here frequently on business and I have to say that this is one of the worst Comfort Inns I have had the misfortune of staying at. I'm banking my Choice Points for a trip to Florida which is why I stay here. The room smelled and they put these little air fresheners between the bed and the nightstands which makes the room smell worst. The ac unit was rusted and filthy with hair on it. There was dust and dirt along the baseboard and the chair was badly stained. This was definitely a bad experience. The bathrooms were recently renovated so they were not too bad. On the plus side the staff is awesome and they go out of their way to accommodate you. The free breakfast is OK but nothing special. I am very disappointed with the hotel as a whole and the cleaning staff needs to be reminded how to properly clean a room. I definitely would not recommend the Comfort Inn in Ithaca.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Kevin B,
Thank you for posting. I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered when staying with us. It is disappointing to hear we fell below your expectations and ours. We always need to hear feedback to improve ourselves and we will definitely use this to make changes and improvements. Thank you.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Booked this at the last minute during a road trip. Very friendly staff at check-in counter. Room was what I expected for the price, though showing a bit of age: air conditioning unit showing a bit of rust and could be repainted, bathroom walls showing a few stains although the remainder very clean. Bed was comfortable with lots of pillows.

Continental breakfast was good.

Hotel very nicely located: near shopping centre and many of the area's attractions.

Room Tip: Book rooms through clearinghouse web sites to get the best deals
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
ComfortInn356, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

AcadianBeagle,
We do have a great location. Close to everything. Our staff tries to accommodate every person they meet. I apologize for the AC unit. We are going through and re-painting each one. We hope you stay with us again. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Yup - that's what it is. You're in Ithaca, and you're at a Comfort Inn. Are you in Florida? Nashville? Cincinnati? Nope - you're in in Ithaca and this is the Comfort Inn. The rooms are just like Comfort Inns at all of these other locations so there aren't too many surprises. The front desk is super friendly and very helpful. Our room was kind of quirky. In addition to a traditional comfort inn bathroom, for some crazy reason there was a soaking tub in the middle of our bedroom. It worked and everything but pretty darn weird. I guess we got the honeymoon suite. At any rate, my kids had a connecting room and it was more "traditional". Some of the paint is starting to peel a little bit and the carpeting in the hallways is pulling up and beat up- but remember... you're at the Comfort Inn in Ithaca. I don't know how you got here, but here you are. The location is on a main street and you are about 5 minutes to everything that you would ever need to be five minutes from in Ithaca: Cornell, Ithaca College and downtown are all just about 5 minutes away from here. So it's a good location and good value. There is a traditional Comfort Inn breakfast and the eating area was clean. The rooms had no road noise although you can pretty easily hear neighboring rooms. We arrived late and left early. We had a comfortable stay :-)

For what it's worth there is a Marriott across the street which might be a notch better than this hotel - but in all fairness, I didn't walk inside so it's not fair to compare.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear glbtrvler,
Thank you for staying with us. Our front staff is a great group of individuals. We have a great location to center Ithaca and the colleges. We are close to everything Ithaca has to offer. We are looking forward to renovations to fix the carpet and a bit of cosmetics and also adding in a new breakfast area. Thank you for you comments. We always strive to better ourselves.
Best

Reviewed 29 March 2014

My wife and I had a great weekend in Ithaca during v-day weekend. We got a great price on this place and weren't disappointed. Clean and updated rooms, decent spread and customer service. We would certainly come back again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
ComfortInn356, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear LeonardsofSherman,
We did just update our rooms, we are glad you enjoyed it. We are looking forward the rest of our renovations coming up in the future. We hope you return to see the changes we are making to have another enjoyable experience with us. Thank you!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

This is a good clean hotel in Ithaca. Had stayed here before and it appears that the rooms (at least ours) have been redone,. Nice clean room, Comfortable beds - firm and soft pillows on each bed

Staff is very nice. Weekend manager (Josh I think) very friendly and helpful.

Good enough breakfast to get you started in the morning. Just be aware it is a small area so it might be crowded. Not sure what if anything could be done but don't let this dissuade you from staying here. Other guests were accomadating if there were two at a table for four offered to let you sit ta the other seats at the table - it all works and you get to meet some nice people.

Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
ComfortInn356, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear cttraveller67,
I am happy to hear you noticed the changes we have started to make! We did re-do all of our rooms with new bedding and linens. The pillows are wonderful! I am so glad you liked everything. Our breakfast area is a bit tight at the moment however, we are planning a renovation that will begin in a few weeks to expand this area. We will have a separate breakfast and lobby area. Everyone is excited for it to begin. We are sure this will help and will provide better seating and space. Josh is a fantastic addition to our front end team. He does a great job. We hope you stay with u again!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

It was a pretty good place to stay; the location is good, the room was clean, and it was quiet- pretty much all we really needed out of our stay. We enjoyed being close to town, and while it wasn't fancy, it was just right.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MC32
ComfortInn356, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear MC32,
We really have a great location. I am glad you enjoyed it. We are not to far from everything fantastic that Ithaca has to offer. Our room attendants do a great job. They are a wonderful group. We have a cozy place and are looking forward to the renovations we have planned. We look forward to a return visit. Thank you!