“$70/night Would Be a Fiar Price for this Property”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Cicero, New York
“$70/night Would Be a Fiar Price for this Property”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our room had a musty smell. It wasn't bad enough for us to request another room, but it was not welcoming.

At $200 a night, this property is significantly overpriced. I was traveling with my wife to a friend's wedding and this facility did not meet my expectations. Evidently there was some event nearby that drove up demand for rooms and I regret not paying $300 for a much better facility. I have stayed ay Comfort Inns before, but I guess they just were in less populated areas. Evidently the atmosphere at Comfort Inns varies quite a bit. I am not sure if I just got lucky in the past or if this one was just a real poor deal. Given the decor, amenities and location (next door to a small garage and in the shadow of a giant auto lot) I consider this a budget property. If I was by myself and just passing through, I would be okay spend $70 a night for a clean bed and shower, but I will never pay anything close to $200 for something like this again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark M
Jennifer F, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Mark M,
Thank you for your comments regarding our facility. We always can and want to improve in any and all ways possible. We are however, looking forward to many changes around us and in our own building. The location next door to us is going under renovations and will become a much nicer area. We also are doing renovations for our building as well. We are all very excited for the changes to take place. Hopefully you will give us a second chance.
Jennifer Foster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The room was clean (a bit of staining in the bathroom but no dirt) and relatively spacious. The location was very good and the staff were friendly. The tv had a few dozen basic channels, but no "on demand" or anything like that. The main issue was that the internet had a habit of slowing down to a crawl in the evenings, presumably when everyone was logging on. During the slowest time I found it impossible to even send an email, let alone Skype with family. So if you rely on having internet access, especially in the evenings, give this place a pass until they upgrade their system.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear ABjorndahl,
Thank you for letting me know about the internet issues you experienced. We will be looking into how we can make it smoother for future guests. I apologize for the inconvenience you had with it. We do have an excellent location for everything Ithaca has to offer from the colleges to entertainment and dining. Thank you for commenting on our staff. They all do an excellent job. They are a pleasure to work with
General Manger
NY
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I'm usually very happy with Comfort Inn but this one was disappointing. The room was heavily perfumed to cover up something. I'm guessing it was the perpetually wet carpet by the sliding door/AC area. Either the AC leaks constantly into the carpet or the gutter system right over the sliding door is somehow letting water in. Whatever it is, fix the problem instead of covering it up with perfume.

Breakfast was disappointing because they ran out of creamer and butter entirely. It's high travel season so to run out of common breakfast staples means somebody isn't ordering well and anticipating the needs of customers.

My last complaint would be it took quite some time to get the room cleaned on our second day there. We had been hiking in the AM, came back to the room around lunch and the room wasn't cleaned. We were fine with that, went to lunch, came back about an hour and half later, room still not cleaned. So we went to Buttermilk Falls for about 45 minutes, came back, room still not cleaned. We were really tired by then so we just approached housekeeping in the hall, got fresh towels, soaps and gave them our garbage. They offered to clean the room then but we were really tired and just wanted to relax.

The good news is the bathrooms were decent. Clean and tidy. But if you were an early riser, there wasn't hot water to wash or shower in. It's like the hot water got turned on at 8am or so. I did sleep well. I like their beds and all the pillows they provide but overall, I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J B
Jennifer F, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for letting us know the issues you experienced during your stay. We have taken your information and addressed the issues with our staff. I apologize for the inconvenience you had. Our staff tries to accommodate and we unfortunately fell short. We can always better ourselves with information like this. If you are in the area again let us know, we would be happy to have you stay with us again to see this is not how we conduct ourselves. We apologize for failing to meet and exceed your expectations.
Jennifer Foster

Travellers are raving about these Ithaca hotels

Rome
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Bathroom pictures are posted. The breakfast was non-existent.When I asked if there were any scrambled eggs I was told no. There was some sausage and bacon out but nothing else to eat with it. There was an out of order sign on the waffle maker with a burnt and dry waffle still stuck in it. There was a few breads/bagels and a few mini muffins..Oh a box of Fruit Loops...This was by far a terrible experience and I know that other Comfort Inns we have stayed at were the total opposite offering clean facilities and awesome Continental Breakfasts..I paid as much money for one night as I have paid in a far nicer place..This won't be happening again!

Room Tip: As a handicap room it was not one that I would choose again. No support in the tub area for hubby an...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank RChristm
Jennifer F, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
VChrist,
This is very poor on our part for allowing you to have an experience with us like that. Our staff tries to rise above expectations and in this case we did not. I apologize for you experience and we will be correcting the issues. Thank you for passing this info on for us to use.
GM
Boston, MA
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Overall this was a good stay. We were satisfied with our accommodations and the rest of the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The gentleman that ran the breakfast station was particularly friendly. The rooms are mostly renovated. Rooms with 2 queen beds felt just a bit cramped with the large dresser, TV, and desk with chair, but it is workable. The fitness center is a bit cramped too. The way the A/C cycles made us feel hot while it was off, then cold while it was on.
Location was perfect for us. We were there to visit some location state parks, gorges, and waterfalls, as well as take a look at the universities. The location provided easy access to everything. Plenty of restaurants and stores nearby also.
There are a few things that could use attention in the hotel, but in general it is nice enough. We chose this hotel over our usual hotel chain because we feel we got a good last minute rate, and we'd likely stay again if we could get a similar rate in the future. Also they allow pets, which is nice.

Room Tip: At least some of the first floor rooms have sliding doors right out to the parking lot. If you want...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vision337
Jennifer F, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Vision337,
Thank you for complimenting our staff. They are an exceptional group of people. I will pass your comments on to our breakfast individual Angelo as well. He is wonderful to have in the morning. We are close to everything as you stated, a great location for everything Ithaca. We are looking into the AC issue you experienced in the fitness center. Thank you for letting us know. We hope to have you stay with us again.
Granite Falls, Washington
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The toilet in our room had not been cleaned and there was mold on the shower curtain. We paid $160/night for the room -- we expected a clean bathroom. The breakfast selection wasn't overwhelming. The only positive I could say is that the man who greeted us at check-in was very friendly.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TracyWfromWA
Jennifer F, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear TracyWfromWA,
Thank you for complimenting our desk person upon check in. I appreciate all feedback, good and bad. There is always room for improvement. I am upset to hear the rest of your comments. I do expect much more from the staff. I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us. I will be using your comments in our staff discussion. Thank you.
Aston
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We checked in with Josh. He was just wonderful, friendly as could be. We soon met Sarah, also a great person. Both of them were helpful and knowledgeable with info about the area. They both treated us like old friends. The next morning the woman who took the omelet order as well as the cook were also very friendly and cheery.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 443GhH
Jennifer F, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear 443GhH,
Thank you so much for complimenting Josh, Sarah and our morning breakfast individuals. They are a great group of people. We are very proud to have them all here. They are exceptional. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to a return visit.
Regards,