“What a dirty hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Salt Lake City, Utah
“What a dirty hotel”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The first thing we noticed was a terrible smell from a sewer treatment plant located next to the parking lot. The lobby was dark and dingy with staff rudely standing in the lobby speaking what sounded like russian and offered no assistance. The hallways smelled like wet dog and the sheets in our room had black marks all over them. The grout tub was moldy and needed to be cleaned. The planes flying above the hotel was my breaking point....had to leave with no refund offered

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Sam1496, Front Office Manager at Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Billy E,
First we would like to thank you for choosing the Sheraton Jfk, and for taking the time out to review our hotel. All comments are taken very seriously and are dealt with immediately, in order to better our services for our guests. I'm very dissapointed that your stay with us was not what you expected however I'm glad you gave us the chance to correct things.
We thank you for your loyality and look forward to seeing you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed here just one night as we had an early international flight out of JFK the next morning. We arrived late but found the front desk and bell hop to be very hospitable. Room and bathroom were both small but had everything we needed and the bed was comfortable. Took the free shuttle with no problems the next morning. I would stay here again for the same purpose.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sam1496, Front Office Manager at Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Dear Tracy L, Thank you for choosing the Sheraton JFK, We are so happy to hear that we were able to meet your expectations. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to everyone. Hope to serve you in the near future, thanks again for taking the time out to share with future guests.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 7 November 2013

perfectly located for someone catching a plane from JFK. As with many Sheratons, your dining choices are limited to the hotel but they do manage to crank out decent meals. Surprisingly quiet from road noise and aircraft movements. We did have a bit of a time finding it (the taxi driver had never been there) but managed very well after that. Shuttle was convenient, timely and very helpful with the luggage.

Room Tip: Did not use the pool or spa. Think about whether upgrading to club level is worth it. The biggest...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sherman Oaks, CA
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We knew we were getting into JFK late and needed a place to crash. I made a reservation at the Sheraton JFK with Starwood Points. We met the shuttle at JFK and it was a quick ride to The Sheraton. When we got there it was brightly lit and had classy decorations for fall. The lobby is nice, big, and clean. We were met in the lobby by Abdell who checked us in. Abdell was great! He made us feel so welcome and made sure we knew everything that was available. He even helped us to have some food delivered. Again, can’t say enough about how great the service was when e checked in.

Our room was on the concierge suite and was really nice. Clean, Big, Comfortable. The bathroom was really nice with a great shower.

We sat at the bar as we waited for our food to be delivered and we felt so welcome. The bartender was great and all of the guest really enjoyed hanging out there. As the bartender started to close down the bar (she stayed open later than normal because there were late guest arriving) she insisted that we hang out as we waited for our food and assured us it was no problem. We never felt like “we should go”. Again, GREAT SERVICE!

I the morning there was breakfast in the Concierges Suite and it was really good. I grabbed some food and took it back to the room where my wife and I fell back asleep. When we woke up it was late. I called the front desk and apologized for over sleeping missing check out. We were told it was “No Problem” and to “take all the time we needed”.

When we finally got it together the check out was great and friendly. The Shuttle was right there to take us back to JFK to catch the train to NYC.

This is a great place to layover at JFK. One of the best Airport hotels I‘ve stayed at. . . EVER. Great service, clean, and friendly! Stay here and say “Hi” to Abdell!

Room Tip: We stayed on the Concierge Suite floor, We highly recommend it! Enjoy the hotel bar!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sam1496, Front Office Manager at Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Sir/ Madame, Thank you for choosing the Sheraton hotel, We are so excited to hear that we were able to meet your expectations. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to everyone expecially ABDEL. We hope to serve you in the near future, thank you again for taking the time out to share with future guests.
Sandton, South Africa
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Nothing beats being close to the airport especially when you have an early flight to catch. My stay was comfortable and restful. The reception and checking were swift and splendid. The rooms are spacious and nicely furnished.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Sam1496, Front Office Manager at Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Good Evening,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to review our Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and had a pleasant time. I also want to thank you for recognizing our staff, we always aim for the best when it comes to our guests.

Thanks again we look forward to seeing you again.
Central Coast
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I'm stunned as I read the reviews of this hotel. In my opinion, it's all that you want in an airport hotel. It's very convenient to JFK - got there in under 10 minutes for a morning flight. The front desk staff were efficient and cordial. The room is nicely appointed, attractively furnished, and quiet. Extremely quiet. We had an early morning flight from JFK and this hotel was perfect.

I booked this room thru Priceline, requesting a 4 star hotel, and paid about $150 including service fees and taxes. Honestly, I would have paid more. I suspect that the negative reviews have ulterior motives or just overly fussy.

If you're traveling, this is a great hotel to make your early morning connection.

Room Tip: Great hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Hello,

Thank you so much for the AMAZING review regarding our hotel and staff. We take pride in our hotel, we strive for excellence when dealing with our guest. We want each and every encounter with our staff to be a pleasant one, from the front desk agents to the housekeeping staff.

I will definitely share your comments with the team.

Again thank you so much!!!!!
Highland Mills, New York
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Having a early flight, I went to JFK the day before.No problem of a time clock on the way to airport.I checked at 4pm . The staff and the front desk treated like a VIP.The first thing I noticed was the rich wood paneling,made me think I was in a NYC Private club.The people you know me the next thing I checked out is the Bar and it was well stocked and the food was great
Next i went to the room it was large and nice This hotel still had movies on demand my down fall got some soda and chips and watched a movie.in the morning I had breakfast at the hotel ,full breakfast no buffet. I took the hotel shuttle over to jet blue to deal with the wonderfull people T.S.A. as we get older our tolerance of BS gets less .That is why I get to jfk the day before i know dealing with a 2 hour plus car trip,watching the clock and parking the car and then dealing with tsa would have me in airport jail

Room Tip: If you go to bed early or sleep late get a room on a higher foor in the back Conduit is a noisey roa...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Sam1496, Front Office Manager at Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Good Evening,
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a survey about our property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and had a great time. We also want to thank you for recognizing our staff, we aim for excellence in customer service.

I will definitely pass on your great feedback to all the department managers and staff members.

Again thank you so much for your great feedback,

SAMANTHA WATSON