“Friendly/great staff, decent airport hotel”

Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 December 2013

The hotel is an older airport hotel, that probably has not been remodeled in a long time (the halls and rooms are dark and have a 'grandmothers attic' feel), but was clean, comfortable, and perfect for a one night stay prior to an early AM flight. The staff makes up for what the hotel is lacking in interior design: From the front desk, to the restaurant staff to the shuttle driver; everyone was very attentive and went out of their way to be genuinely friendly. Also, if you eat in the restaurant, the lobster and shrimp ravioli hit the spot on a cold November night, albeit very rich! They also had decent wines too!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Sam1496, Front Office Manager at Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Dear QualMod,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton JFK as your hotel of choice and thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. We are extremely proud you were able to enjoy our hotel and you had a great experience. We appreciate your very kind words regarding our Customer Service, all department mangers will receive a copy of your review to share with the team. We are hoping to re-model our Hotel in the near future, no specific date as of yet, however we can assure you it will be pretty AMAZING!!!

Again thank you so much for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Happy Holidays,

Sam.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I have now stayed at this hotel probably 15 times, long enough to get to know it well. The staff here, hands down and without exception, is fantastic. Every single time I arrive, they welcome me with smiles. They are personable, friendly and warm. They go over and above to ensure that I always have a nice stay, which I do.

The restaurant could use a lot of work, but when I stay at an airport hotel I don't expect much so I'm used it to now and it doesn't bother me. The staff at the restaurant is not great and the food is lacking. I don't eat meat of fish, and the only thing they can make is a pasta which is always terrible. Still, it's enough calories to sleep and that's fine.

The rooms are clean. The beds are comfortable. They always, always give me the preferred floor (floor 7) as a platinum perk. This last visit I was assigned floor 2, and the woman checking me in saw that and (without me saying something) said, "That's not right. Let me get you a better room." Which she did...

So again, clean hotel which is close to JFK with a great staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Sam1496, Front Office Manager at Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear LA-Business-Traveler,
Thank you for your Amazing review, and a perfect score!!!! We are extremely proud of our Front Desk Team. Each of them have advanced degrees in “WOW!” We are PLEASED to know that we have met your expectations in some areas. We sincerely apologize for falling short in the restaurant services. Your comments will be passed onto the F&B manager where it will be addressed.
Please Come see us again soon; we have an endless supply of “WOW!” and I'm certain there's some with your name on it.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I am snowed in tonight. JFK was a nightmare, fortunately I was able to get a room here.

Because I wasn't expecting to be away this long I found myself without several things.

The staff here has bent over backwards to help me out. One gal used her personal charger to revive my Kindle, another went into her shopping bag and gave me some over the counter medicine she had purchased for herself before work.

Everybody who works here seems to be smiling and genuinely eager to help smooth out an ugly day on the road.

If you need to stay near JKF, this is a sure bet.

BTW - the rooms are new, clean and comfortable!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank WCL-from-NE-Ohio

Dear WCL-from-NE-Ohio,
Thank you so much for a perfect score and an AMAZING feedback. I am beyond happy we were able to exceed your expectations as an Airport Hotel. I know this might sound a little bit mean, but we're glad you were snowed in so we had a chance to meet you and provide you with the excellent service we do daily LOL. I will definitely pass on your kind words to Latoya ( the gal that charged your kindle). As for the meds that was provided by me, I will give it you again in a heart beat , we need all our guests feeling at their best once with us LOL.

We look forward to seeing you again....

Happy Holidays,

SAMANTHA WATSON
Front Office Supervisor

t— 718.322.7190 f— 718.322.7191

SHERATON JFK AIRPORT HOTEL
132-26 S Conduit Avenue, Jamaica, New York 11430

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Having missed my flight (long story, don't ask!) I needed a hotel at JFK to stay until early the next morning. The Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel turned out to be a good choice. A free shuttle picked me up promptly (very friendly driver). The front desk staff were very welcoming and pleasant. My room was nice with a large, modern bathroom plus huge tub. I had dinner in the restaurant - it was OK, nothing special. The restaurant and bar service was friendly and pleasant. I slept well though I found the pillows rather lumpy and too firm for my taste. Taken overall, staying at this hotel was a good experience and the morning free shuttle got me to the airport terminal in good time for the flight!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Sam1496, Front Office Manager at Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear TravelFan4810,
Thank your for your candid feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. We also thank you for recognizing our staff and the amazing job they do daily, I'll be sure to pass on your kind words. We're please to hear that you were able to enjoy some of the amenities we offer. Please accept our apologies regarding he issue with the pillows and the delay of your flight. We hope and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stayed overnight at the Sheraton JFK at the start of an extended trip marking a milestone birthday. Frankly, our stay was absolutely perfect - from the time that we were met by the hotel shuttle until our departure the next morning. The staff was attentive and friendly and I am pleased to be able to provide them with a 5* rating.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear hcrk01
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Jfk as your hotel of choice during your recent travel. We thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel and giving us a PERFECT score!!!! We are most please to know that we have met and exceeded all your expectation as an Airport Hotel. I will pass on your kind word and GREAT feedback to the entire team. We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Very friendly and accommodating staff helped me immensely when I needed a room at the last minute after running into complications trying to fly with my dog. Excellent service all round! Livingstone and Samantha in particular we're extremely helpful.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Sam1496, Front Office Manager at Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear mgb1975 Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Jfk. Our goal is to make each of the guest’s experience comfortable and enjoyable; I will share your experience with our team especially Livingstone. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when staying in the JFK vicinity; hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I would like to start with the shuttle service to the hotel. This shuttle had a very personable greeter on board. She was very helpful. We arrived at 5:00pm. We were very tired from a long flight, so we were pleased to find a very friendly and expedient staff. The room was much nicer than we anticipated. The bed was comfortable with complementary water, coffee and tea. So often airport hotels have a captive audience so don't feel required to give much for the high price they charge. Not so with this hotel. Thanks to the Sheraton JFK.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Oldhousebabe,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton JFK as your layover Hotel during your recent travel. We also wanted to thank you for taking the time out to write this AMAZING review. It brings us great pleasure to receive comments like these it tells us we are doing a good job when a guest is happy. I will definitely share with the entire team these comments.
Again that you so much and we hope to serve you in the near future.