“wouldn't stay again...” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Worcester, United Kingdom
“wouldn't stay again...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

The hotel was OK, comfortable, clean etc.

BUT you get charged a fortune for parking a rental car there overnight and I couldn't believe, given that it was an airport hotel, that breakfast isn't served until 6.30am at the earliest. If you're checking in late or checking out early all you can get is snacks from the vending area near reception.

I would not use the hotel again simply because of this - I've genuinely never stayed at an airport hotel before that didn't cater to antisocial flight times, even if it was just the provision of coffee and fruit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sam1496, Front Office Manager at Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear mikki_hache,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our Hotel. We also want to thank you for taking the time us to let us know where we fell short in your customer service experience.

We're glad you mentioned areas where we need to excel in. We use these feedbacks as training material in hopes to get it correct the next time. We apologize for the restaurant not being open earlier. We are looking to install a "grab and go" area where guests will be able to have fruits, sandwiched etc, whether they are arriving extremely late or leaving very early.

Considering the location of our hotel and the easy access it has to the Airport and the rental car return area, we believe our parking rate is very reasonable.

Again thank you very much for sharing your comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

The Hotel serves its primary purpose - a comfortable stay near the JFK - very well. Perfect for you if you have an early morning flight or arrive late in the night.
The hotel is at an arms length from JFK and has frequent shuttle services to and fro from the airport (Federal Square). Rooms are comfortable with ornate styled furniture and all the amenities that you could ask for a single night/day stay.
Cleanliness of the room was good and all the bathroom faucets and the Starbucks coffee maker worked without any glitches.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Aaditya_Ud
Sam1496, Front Office Manager at Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear h11057
We're glad you were pleased with your recent stay at our property. We also thank you for taking the time out to share a well detailed review of our hotel . We strive for excellence in Customer Service in all areas, from a speedy check-in to a clean hotel etc. We offer all our guest complimentary star bucks coffee and tea in each room. Our restaurant hours are limited and we want each guest to have a hot cup of tea or coffee before they set out on their journey.

Once gain thank you so much and we hope to see you soon!
Santa Clarita, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel before taking a trip out of the country. The shuttle service and close proximity to the airport figured into our plans in a most convenient way.
Check in was quick and friendly and my husband and I headed off to our room while our daughter left for hers.
Our room was average in size and appearance, with an extremely comfortable bed. The bathroom was a bit small, with very little room for toiletries. The shower was set to a lukewarm temp, which I found really annoying. The temp controls in the room had much more choice of temperatures.
My daughter's room key didn't work when she went to her room, so she had to go back downstairs to the front desk to have it replaced. Later that evening a family with children walked into her room while she was in bed!! Someone obviously messed up at the front desk.
The second night my daughter's key stopped working again, and the front desk staff apologized and offered free Starwood Points to make up for her inconvenience.
The hotel staff were all very friendly, the bar and restaurant service were great, and Internet was good in the room and elsewhere. Overall I would stay at Sheraton JFK again if I had a flight to catch, but not for a weekend retreat.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Holymolyma, We are pleased that your overall experience with our property was a good one. We take pride in providing great customer service to our guests. We also want to thank you for taking the time out to share your comments. Our goal is become the best Hotel in the NYC area and your positive feedback will help to do so. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience your daughter had with the room keys and the mix up with the room numbers. We're very glad we were able to address the issues immediately. I will definitely share your comments with the staff, I'm sure they will be very pleased.

Thank you again.
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

The best part of this hotel is the Staff. The Friday night bartender, Mukti (Mya) and the front desk manager were the absolute best!

I had dinner at the bar and Mya was very responsive and had excellent suggestions for entree's. She holds a command of the menu and the wine list as well as makes a great Gin Gimlet. Very attentive and responsive.

The front desk manager managed to find a way to get me into the hotel when there was a reservation mix up (my fault) to save the day, as I had visitors flying in from Helsinki and Panama to meet me in the morning.

All the way around from the restaurant and bar to the hotel this team works well together.

I will dine and stay at the JFK Sheraton again.

-T

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sam1496, Front Office Manager at Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Ted8658, Thank you for taking the time out to write a review regarding your recent stay. We thank you for your positive feed back and detailed message. We strive to provide excelIent customer service to our guests daily. We're glad we were able to meet nad exceed your expectations.
Your amazing comments will be shared with the Entire team especially Mya.

We look forward to having you back with us when the time permits.
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I had to stay a couple of time since last December in the JFK area, and as I travel a lot to NYC, I know many of the hotels around this area. What is absolutely positive in the Sheraton Hotel is all over the staff. They give you the feeling like coming home. And each time I came, I did not see any of the staff which was not in a good mood. This is like contagious :-)
As I spent many evenings with Diner and a drink at the Bar, I don't know many places were you are that good served. Mainly when I was there, Mya was working at the bar. Even if it was 6pm or already 11pm, she always was smiling to all the guests, was very attentive to all people coming to the bar, nobody had to wait for anything. Neither before you had the chance to order a new drink, she was already at your desk and asking if you would like another one.
I definitely will come back to the Sheraton JFK Family :-)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sam1496, Front Office Manager at Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Roland E,
Thank you so much for your review, we are so happy to hear that our entire Team took such good care of you whenever you stay with us. Mya is a pretty amazing employee, we receive numerous compliments about her and the entire team. We will be sure to share your amazing comments with the entire Hotel staff especially Mya, they will all be delighted.

Thank you again so much and we look forward to having you with us when time permits.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I travel often for work and end up in NYC about once a month. I usually stay at this Sheraton because it is close to the airport and always has very attentive staff. My favorite employee is a bartender named Mya. She always remembers my name and what I drink, even though I don't see her that often. She is always smiling and very pleasant to deal with. I have never had a mistake in my food order and she doesn't mind answering questions about items on the menu. And besides that, she is kinda cute:)
I would recommend this hotel to any one based on location, cleanliness, and helpful/friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Govtrav1, On behalf of the Sheraton JFK we would like to thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel.We're delighted to know our services exceeded your expectations and our staff provided a memorable experience during your visit with us especially Mya. We are proud of our Sheraton JFK team and delighted to provide excellent service to wonderful guests like you!

We look forward to having you back with us.
Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I did not have a very good experience at this hotel.

Arrival at the hotel was easy enough. You have to take the Airtrain to Federal Circle, and then get picked up there. The bus was packed as it houses both the Hilton Garden Inn and Sheraton.

Check-in was very friendly and was probably the best part of the stay.

As I am a SPG Gold member, I was assigned a room on the "SPG Preferred" floor, but it was far from special. I was not offered Club lounge access, either. Other than being on a higher floor, I don't think I was really upgraded at all. The room was very small (think European sized hotel room small). The noise level from landing jets was loud (I was surprised that the hotel was not soundproofed better given its proximity to the airport). Sleeping was made difficult between the landing jumbo jets and the street noise below. The bed was the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed and was very comfortable. The bathroom was large and featured a nice shower and a good amount of bathroom amenities. The wi-fi in the hotel was fast and free, which was appreciated.

There is really nothing around the hotel and other patrons advised me not to go outside to explore as it is not in a good part of town. I decided to eat in the restaurant in the hotel and was pretty disappointed. While the food was good, the service left a lot to be desired.

The shuttle return to the airport was friendly and efficient.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel given the area its in, small rooms, and lack of upgrade, and will likely search for a different hotel next time I am in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Fzedlach, Thank you for taking the time out to share your reviews regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton JFK. We're sorry to hear that you were less than satisfied with your recent visit to our property. As we continue to strive to deliver the best customer service there is, we are glad for all feedbacks both positives and negatives. These feedbacks are used as training materials in hopes to help us better our Brand. We thank you for the great comment about our front desk staff, we have to agree they are the best. They will definitely learn about your kind words.

Thank you again for choosing the Sheraton JFK.