“Another Nice Visit”

Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Jamaica
GreenLeadersGold level
“Another Nice Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I'm a frequent guest of the Sheraton JFK. I come here often because it is convenient and the customer service is exceptional. Specifically, the young lady who checked me in, Samantha Watson, took great care of me and treated me like royalty. Anytime I travel to NYC, I make it a point to stay here. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2014
Sam1496, Front Office Manager at Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Theboywes. Thank you so much for a perfect score and an AMAZING feedback.It brings us great pleasure to receive comments like these it tells us we are doing a good job when our guests are happy. Thank you for also being a loyal Platinum member to the Starwood Brand. Its always been a pleasure to have you with us.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

The staff are all very helpful and go out of their way, specifically Livingstone, Nancy, and Samantha all at the front desk. The newly remodeled gym provides a great workout. The food is filling and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: If you're an SPG member, you can get upgraded to the club floor and get a free breakfast in the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mitch W, Thank you for choosing the Sheraton JFK as your hotel of choice and thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel and giving us a perfect score. We are extremely proud you were able to enjoy our hotel and you had a great experience. We're glad you were able to try out our new re-model Sheraton Fitness centre. Your very kind word will be shared with the front desk staff and the entire Sheraton team.
We look forward to having you back soon.
Bristol, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Have stayed here a couple of times now and the hotel is always good. Quick and friendly check- in, good bar, great location for JFK airport. Free shuttle from AirTran, although watch out as sometimes the shuttle is the Hilton Garden Inn shuttle so worth asking if you see this one otherwise its a long wait! Rooms are clean, spacious, great bathrooms with good amenities even a small pre-packaged body puff in shower. Club level is great for free drinks in the evening and a good breakfast with mix of cooked, pastries, yogurts, fruit etc.
If you stay here and want to get into manhattan take the LIRR (Long Island Rail Road) from the AirTrain stop it was only 25 mins to Penn station and cost around $12 including the cost of exiting the air train station.

Room Tip: Club level rooms are good value.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear titantraveller, Thank you for taking the time to provide your detailed feedback; it means a lot to us. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness and comfort of our hotel along with excellent service we provide,so we're thrilled to read that we thoroughly met your expectations. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We had an overnight connection at the Sheraton after a flight from Europe. While I could criticize the location, that's an issue with all JFK-area hotels. The most important things to consider are that:

1. The shuttle was waiting when we took the AirTrain from the airport.
2. The people working the front desk were efficient.
3. The beds are comfortable.
4. There is a club lounge that can be accessed by SPG Platinum members.

On the negative side, the rooms are small, but we were only in ours for 8-9 hours. In addition, the front desk can get overwhelmed when the shuttle drops off 6 guests who are checking in.

For our purposes (overnight stay with an early morning flight), the hotel was more than adequate.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear bucsonice,Thank you for choosing the Sheraton JFK and thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. We're very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and we've met your expectations. Your kind words will be passed onto the rest of the Team .
Chester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Arrived at approx. 1.15am to find that the hotel was overbooked which after a 10 hour transatlantic journey did not go down well. We were told that arrangements had been made at the nearby Holiday Inn Express, not a hotel of similar standard and a shuttle would be ready to take us shortly. It was pointless arguing, we were not offered even a glass of water. After what seemed ages the shuttle arrived, again not acceptable.
The Holiday Inn would not accept us without written authority from Sheraton and despite several angry phone calls we were made to wait nearly 45 mins until 2.15am before eventually the Sheraton drove in the car park and handed over the letter of authority.

This was a very poor experience that would steer me away from staying in a Sheraton Hotel ever
again, Having been in the hospitality business for over 30 years this experience was the classic 'How not to handle it'

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Geoff M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Patrice Karlinski and the staff from event planning were professional and flexible from start to finish. Gregory and his crew really listened to my vision for the décor and created a space that was more beautiful then I would have imagined. My event started at 7 but when I arrived at 4, the room was set up and ready. I only needed to worry about my final touches leaving me time to focus on getting dressed for the event. When our numbers went from 80 to 100, the staff made arrangements to accommodate the larger than expected crowd. Gregory and his crew were present throughout the event making sure that the guest and myself had what we needed. Heather worked closely with my aunt to make sure we received the hotel rooms we needed despite an error made prior to her working with us. She personally reached out to us to get us updated and before the event came to make sure everything was adequate for our stay.
The bartender, Mya prepared a special drink menu on keepsake bookmarks, which was a nice touch we never even thought of. The larger group size prevented me from doing an open bar but Patrice came up with the idea of giving my guest a coupon for a drink on me. Mya did an excellent job of keeping track of the coupons and making sure that the total was ready for me the next day at check out.
The chef, Sylon did an excellent job of preparing the meal. They food was consistently hot and guest did not have to wait for the buffet trays to be refilled. Guest raved about the salmon, the cornbread, and the desserts the rest of the weekend. I cannot wait to visit the onsite restaurant to taste some more of his freshly prepared, delicious food.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Sam1496, Front Office Manager at Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Nikki C,
Congratulations again on your WONDERFUL achievement!!!!!! We are so honored you chose us to help create a memorable moment for you and your guests. Our entire team at the hotel was eager to help in any way possible to ensure you only focus on the most important thing, which was you having a GREAT TIME. We've passed on your AMAZING comments to Greg, Sylon, Patrice and the entire team. They are all so very happy to read that you were in AWE with the level service that was provided.
We thank you so much for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor family. We would love to have you back with us soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a short business trip and was pleased overall with the hotel. I travel on a constant basis for work. The room was very nice, the front desk was welcoming, and the lounge was convenient.

However, the absolute highlight of my stay was sitting at the bar. When I walked in, I was greeted by the bartender, Mya, who had one of the nicest smiles I've ever seen. It lit up the room, as did her personality. She was extremely friendly and attentive, made recommendations for different scotches to try, and went downstairs to get more when one bottle ran out. She never let my glass sit empty and her company simply made my evening enjoyable. She's easily the best thing the hotel has going for it.

Chef Salon was also very friendly and welcoming. I felt, as I sat chatting with the staff, like I'd been coming here for years. The two of them made my night. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Phillip b,Thank you for choosing the Sheraton hotel during your recent stay. We're so excited to hear that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. we will be sure to pass on your compliments to everyone especially Mya, we have to agree both her and the front desk team are AMAZING. We hope to serve you in the near future so we can WOW you again.
Thank you again for taking the time out to share with future guests.