“Good property, good staff and excellent housekeeping”

Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
GreenLeadersGold level
Pennsylvania
“Good property, good staff and excellent housekeeping”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed last night before catching an early morning flight from JFK. It was excellent from the time I walked in the door until the very personable shuttle driver hoisted my bag off the bus at 3:45 a.m.!!!

The desk staff was efficient, very competent and extremely personable. The room service server was very efficient and frindly. The housekeeper who was ending her day about 7 p.m. was even in good spirits.

The room was large, the desk area very large and the TV selections were excellent as well. The bed was very comfortable.

My only complaint is that they ran out of Diet Coke in cans about 8:30 p.m. If that is the only compaint I can have it was a very good stay!

Room Tip: It was a quiet property despite its proximity to JFK.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank smalltowntravelerPa
Sam1496, Front Office Manager at Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear smalltowntravelerPa,
Thank you for the kind words and amazing review. We are glad that you have enjoyed your hotel experience at the Sheraton JFK. We strive to give that exceptional experience to all our guests. Thank you of recognizing our staff and the tremendous job they do daily.

We welcome you back soon!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
SLC, Utah
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Usually I would say that you can trust an SPG brand, but sadly this one does not come close to hitting the mark. About the only thing going for this hotel is the fact that it is so close to JFK. But that does not matter if the shuttle driver skips your terminal. In my case, he repeated the terminal number back to me after asking which terminal I needed. Then drove right past it to Terminal 4. When I asked him why he skipped it he told me that Delta was also at Terminal 4 and that I could get in there...true except for my flight was leaving from terminal 2 and if I had gone through terminal 4 neither my bag nor I would have made my flight. I ended up having to take the air train and barely made bag cutoff by 2 mins. Beside the driver not caring (as others have mentioned) the staff appeared more interested in their conversations both at checkin and checkout to really pay attention to the guests. But the real disappointment is the state of this hotel. It feels dirty and old. I felt more like I was in a run down Motel 6 with dirty carpets in the public and private spaces and the furniture had an aurora about it that made you feel cheap inside and want to take a shower. This is only the second hotel in the USA that I have felt the need to wear shoes at all times (the other hotel being a no name dive at the Detroit Airport that Delta put me in once when they canceled my flight).

Bottom line if early morning or late night convenience to JFK are a necessity - skip this property - it is not worth the money they charge or the points that you will earn!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank elcapoalto
Sam1496, Front Office Manager at Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear elcapoalto,
Thank you for taking the time out to provide us with a feedback. We apologize for the issues with the shuttles and will relay your messages to the drivers. Please accept our apologies for falling short on your experience.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 6 June 2014

While other hotels are in the same area, we return to this one so close to the airport inasmuch as we are SPG members and we get excellent treatment from the entire staff. While access to other restaurants is limited, Rosemary's provide a good array of entrees. One specialty is the seafood pasta Alfredo. In comparison, Princess Cruises touts their Alfredo as a "signature" dish. Rosemary's differs in that the sauce is treated as a liquid whereas Princess' is pasty. We will always use this location when transiting the area for its convenience and treatment. Special shout out to Christian, Jesus, Alex and the support staff. They are great.

PS: Club room fare in the morning is outstanding

Room Tip: Did not use the pool or spa. If you favor a magnifying mirror in the bathroom, make sure you ask fo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank B0bAZ
Sam1496, Front Office Manager at Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear B0bAZ, Thank you for sharing your valued feedback for future guests and for choosing the Sheraton JFK Airport. We strive to continue to provide the highest quality of service to our guests and we're glad to hear the staff was very accommodating, especially Christain, Alex and Jesus ! We will pass on your kind words to them and the entire team. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Essex
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night on a stop over for a business trip. For a "airport" hotel it is really nice. Didn't have that sterile feel to it like others I have stayed at.

Would definately stay here again for a stop over. 10 mins drive from airport.

Breakfast was worth having.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Sam1496, Front Office Manager at Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear gp171080, thank you for writing a review of your most recent stay with us! Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it is always our pleasure to give customers our best when staying with us! On behalf of the Sheraton JFK staff, we would like to welcome you back for any future travels that will bring you back to the to the NYC.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Great location and value for quick trip to NYC. It was close to JFK airport and close to friends we were visiting. Hotel's restaurant was expensive with no outside restaurants near-by, so plan ahead. We were travelling with a teenager and were looking for a room with 2 double bed but when we arrive, they only had rooms king beds - they tried to get us a roll out bed with no success.

Room Tip: $21+ parking on premises. There is Spot Airport parking right next door at a more reasonable price...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Sam1496, Front Office Manager at Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Afzal K, We pride ourselves on great customer service so it is definitely good to hear some positive feedback. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor.
We hope to have you back when time permits.
Victoria BC
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I only stayed 1 night as a place to stay before an early flight home. I have to say I was treated like being Platinum was important. And I have always been proud to be SPG Platinum . These guys went over the top with making me feel at home with a nice cocktail party with good food and drinks all on the house. My room was clean and a comfy bed and the Shuttle was on time. It was a good experience. Well done Sheraton and SPG. Being Platinum does pay off. I off to the W in San Diego then the W Barcelona . I can only hope to be treated this good.

Room Tip: Great Location Close to JFK with a good shuttle service
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Danify,Thank you for choosing the Sheraton JFK, We are so happy to hear that we were able to meet your expectations. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to everyone. Hope to serve you in the near future, thanks again for taking the time out to share with future guests and for being a loyal spg member.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Room was clean and bigger than the normal ny hotel. Only issue is that it's not convenient to get to the subway into the city. Front desk staff and shuttle van driver were both as friendly as could be.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Lnl3301, Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Jfk. Our goal is to make each of the guests experience comfortable and enjoyable; I will share your experience with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when staying in the JFK vicinity.