“WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER”

Garden Inn & Suites
Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I checked in as my flight was canceled. Requested late checkout. Front desk woman said I could checkout at 1:00 pm. I got a call at 12:15. The lady (Lorraine) told me I need to check out at 12. I told her someone told me I can checkout at 1. She then proceeded to give me the worst attitude I have ever received in my life. She told me "she's not someone and I need to leave now" I said I already requested a late checkout. She said she's not going to argue with me and that she would send up a manager and security. She then hung up on me before I could say anything. I was extremely upset so I called again asking for her name so I could speak with the manager. She mumbled her name and when I asked her to spell it she told me that the manager and security were on their way up and hung up on me again. I don't know what happened as it escalated from me requesting an extra 30 minutes (which I was promised originally) to getting security knocking on my door.

She sent up security because I told her I was not ready to checkout... not to mention that I was already promised a later checkout. The whole situation was embarrassing and frustrating. She actually sent up security. I left the room without showering, brushing my teeth, or shaving. I wore dirty clothes and my bags were in a mess. I have travelled around the world and stayed in hundreds of hotels. Never have I had any serious issues. I've never felt the urge to go write a bad review about anything. This situation is seriously unacceptable and was a terrible ending to my New York City trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andrew Z
There are newer reviews for Garden Inn & Suites

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We only stayed one night - to catch a morning flight out of JFK, but that was more than enough. When we checked two people were standing behind the desk. One was on the phone, and the other was just standing there saying nothing. The one on the phone did not speak to us, but I put our reservation on the desk with our IDs and credit card, so she started to look at them, but then continued with her phone conversation. Then another person came to the desk, and she directed her attention towards him. When I started to look impatient, she checked us is in while still on the phone. She put the key on the desk and went back to the phone. Since our flight was leaving at 8am, we wanted to be sure to have time for breakfast - so I indicated I had a question. She put her hand over the phone and said no problem, shuttles ran continuously and breakfast was at 6. No offer to help us with our bags. No one showed us to the room. Breakfast room was not open at 6 and the shuttle runs every half hour, first-come-first served. The icing on the cake was that when we got to the airport by 6:35, the shuttle driver had off-loaded one of our bags before our stop. It was a nightmare of a morning, and we almost missed our flight minus a bag.

5  Thank ah2010
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We would like to say that we really enjoyed the stay. The location was very good for us and the service was amicable and appropriate. We enjoyed the lobby setting and courtyard and the rooms were fine. For future tenants, it is very easy to walk to Rockaway Blvd. to catch the q6 bus to the Sutphin stop in order to take the E subway train to Manhattan. Really easy and saves you some $$$. Also, while waiting for the q6 you can grab some tasty grub at Kim's Deli. Thanks to all. We are having some serious NYC NYE nostalgia.

S & J

1  Thank 564Julie
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The man who checked us in never greeted us, took forever, offered no assistance. The room was cold, so that we were shivering all night long, they promised us an extra blanket which didn't come, refused to call a taxi for us, refused to give us a phone book so that we could order food, nevertheless fen offered us the name of a popular place to order from. Not a good nights sleep, which is all I ever ask from a hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank amy j
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We were placed here by Delta because our flight was cancelled. Delta still had my luggage and told me that the hotel would have complementary toiletries and personal care items when we got there. Wrong! They charge $3 for travel-sized tooth paste, another $3 for a cheap tooth brush, and another $3 for travel-sized deodorant. On top of that, the room's walls were very dingy and they only have one old computer in their "business center." I do not plan to return.

1  Thank FleurDeLis1222
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I am terribly sorry to hear that you had a mix review of our hotel. I'm concerned about the inconveniences you experienced at our

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Stayed here on December 8th and could not believe these people were in the hospitality business. The bus driver was totally annoyed and rude and the lady at check in was no better, they all seemed as if they were being bothered. I sat in the lobby and felt sorry for some of the guests this woman spoke to. The carpets in the hallway were disgusting and my room door could not be locked once I left the room, just push and enter. I hope never to see this place again . Look into yourselves Garden Inn at least "try" a little.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank missb876

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I am an experienced traveller, and normally I am not too fuzzy about things and I try to be calmed and patient in most cases. Unfortunately I must say that you as a hotel have a very long way to go with regards of customer service.

Where to start?. First I emailed the hotel, about 10 days prior to my arrival, asking for information on how to get a free airport pickup as advertised in their website. First, I used my hotmail account and nobody replied to my email. After several days, I re-send the same email from my University account (I work for a University in Scotland) and I got an almost immediate reply. It made me think that my soon to be "PhD" letters after my name had a role to play here. This is unfortunate, you should treat all customers the same, regardless of their social-academic status.

My flight was delayed two hours and I arrived at Federal Circle at 11 pm (this is where all the hotel shuttles pick you up). I called the hotel to notify them that I was there so to be picked up and they told me they would do so as soon as possible. I waited patiently and the shuttle van from the hotel was nowhere to be seen, then I called them again and they told me they would send someone else to pick me up. Once again I waited and waited and nobody arrived. I repeated the process 4 (!) times and in my last call the woman on the other side of the line told me that unfortunately the van came twice and I wasn't there so it left, this is a lie because I was there waiting all the time in the cold (it was -4 Celsius) and nobody from the Garden Inn and Suites came.

By that time it was already 12.30 at night and the receptionist from the hotel told me that their service is until midnight so nobody can come and pick me up. She offered to send a taxi to pick me up under my own expense. I was so tired and cold that I reluctantly accepted and once again waited in the cold.

The taxi never appeared. A driver from the Holiday Inn express van, who had done several trips back and forth taking his own guests, and had seen me waiting for more than an our in the cold, offered me to take me to the Garden Inn and Suites. So at the end, another van from a neighbouring hotel ended taking me to the hotel because he was sorry for me.

I arrived to the hotel and at the check-in was the person to whom I have spoken on the phone several times before and the manager next to her. They didn't even apologise or anything!, it was as if they completely ignored the fact that they had me waiting in the freezing December cold for more than one hour and at the end another hotel ended up helping me!!

I am sorry but I must say that from all the hotels I have been around the world, this has by far the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Apparently paying more than a 100 dollars for one night is not even enough to pick customers up from federal circle.

The room was clean and the breakfast was poor.

I would never recommend this hotel to anybody and I will put online reviews in all the possible websites to warn people who are considering staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't come here.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo