“Kudos Ms. Brenda Richardson!”

Courtyard by Marriott New York JFK Airport
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed 13 July 2014

convenient location, clean and modern rooms with good amenities but I will like to mention Ms. Brenda Richardson for her excellent Customer Svc skills. I called the Bistro inquiring about a vegetarian/vegan meal and the young lady answering the phone simply said that it wasn't available in the menu. I called the operator to request a wake-up call for the next morning and after hearing Ms. Richardson professionalism and courteous voice I took a chance and asked her about it... without hesitation she contacted her manager and called me right back... a vegetarian meal was prepared so I didn't have to go hungry for the night. Most of all I was impressed by her pleasant and professional demeanor. Kudos to Ms. Brenda Richardson for exceeding my expectations and being a STAR.

Room Tip: Great if you are looking for something comfortable, modern with wifi and near JFK. Shuttle svc to JF...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Davo C
Courtyard_JFK_Mgr, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New York JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Davo C,
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott JFK Airport. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback from your recent stay. We are thrilled Brenda’s exceptional service and follow through was able to provide you with the meal you were looking for. We pride ourselves on providing exemplary customer service, combined with the comfort of a cozy bed and comfortable hotel room. We are so glad we exceeded your expectations and hope you choose us again when traveling through the JFK area.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Very convenient hotel when flying out of JFK. Do Park and Fly package with shuttle service to airport.Rooms clean and comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful. Abdool at the Bistro is provides excellent service! Courtyards are ideal overnight and weekend hotels!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Fiona H,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott JFK Airport and sharing details from your recent visit. We are glad you found the guestrooms to be clean and comfortable and you were able to enjoy the ease and convenience of our airport shuttle. We are thrilled you found both the accommodations and staff service to exceed your expectations. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

the staff in the morning Sherian Jennifer and George and expecially Robert the maintenance man always go above and beyond everytime I visit which is about 4 times a month the rooms are clean and ready when we get therethere's not much around but there are more than willing to help you figure out how to get and where to go if you need something

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear sidesh079:

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott JFK Airport and your continued loyalty to our hotel. We are thrilled the entire staff has made you feel welcome and at home during your frequent stays with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Sherian and Jennifer were amazing, Both ladies made me feel so welcome and went above and beyond my expectations!!! I stay at many Marriott properties as well as other hotels and these 2 ladies are shinning stars in my eyes and i would be tempted to still them away from the Marriott.

Well done.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Courtyard_JFK_Mgr, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New York JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Drock2014:
Thank you so much for sharing your kind words from your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott JFK Airport. We greatly appreciate your continued loyalty. It is wonderful to hear Jennifer and Sherian were able to provide you with exceptional service, making your stay comfortable and pleasant. We look forward to hosting you during your next visit to the JFK area.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I teach Italian language and literature at Connecticut College, and every summer direct a six-week Intensive Italian through Culture program for the Umbra Institute in Perugia, Italy. My wife Martha Wakeman, who lived in Florence for ten years, is a professional artist who does pastels of scenes of Italy. She leads pastel workshops in Florence and teaches in a college summer program in Perugia. We go to Italy for business at least twice a year. For the past couple of years we’ve been spending a night at the Marriott Courtyard at JFK before our departure and after our return; it makes the transatlantic flight to Rome much more pleasant, and let us get over jet lag much more quickly.
The Courtyard has a very pleasant bar. Abdool will take care of you there. He told us he’s added some new drinks, including a “Hudson Manhattan.” I had one when we flew to Florence via Rome last May. We’re returning to JFK and the Marriott towards the end of July. I look forward to trying Abdool’s new drink, “Sunset Over the Bridge.”
Last May Stefanie at the reception desk not only gave us a room on the floor we asked for; she gave us an upgrade! And Petion the Chef changed our meal slightly as we requested. Personal relationships mean a lot to Martha and me; that’s what we like about our life and travels in Italy. We’re starting to experience the same in the States, beginning with the JFK Courtyard.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Robert P

Dear Robert P:
Thank you so much for sharing your kind words from your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott JFK Airport. We greatly appreciate your continued loyalty and it is wonderful to hear our staff is accommodating, friendly and helpful. We are thrilled you have experienced exceptional service from everyone from the Bistro staff to the front desk. We look forward to hosting your next stay with us.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My experience of airport hotels is often very poor. They are places that you must stay at and may well never return to. All to often the hotel knows that and it shows. This place is different. All of the staff, from check-in to the bar staff (esp Abdool) was extremely welcoming and helpful. It really made a difference after a very long flight.

Great effort by all, and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear richeva888:
We greatly appreciate you taking a moment to share your feedback from your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott JFK Airport. We are thrilled to hear that after a long flight, our staff was welcoming and helpful, especially Abdool at the bar. It is great to know we were able to set ourselves apart from the many other airport hotels with our exceptional service. We look forward to having you stay with us again during your next trip through the JFK area.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

After reading the positive reviews on Trip Advisor and as a Marriott Rewards member I decided to pay more to stay here than at the other nearby hotels that were less expensive. My daughter arrived before me since she was at a college orientation and was taking a bus from Washington, DC and I was flying in from California. I called ahead and told the front desk staff that my daughter was arriving earlier than me and that she would be exhausted and needed to check in earlier than me. When she arrived at 10pm, they still wouldn't let her check in her room until I arrived. She had to sit in the lobby waiting for me to arrive at 11:30! The front desk ignored her request and were rigid and rude.

The next day we were leaving for Europe at 9:30pm. I had requested a late check out when I made a reservation. Not only did the hotel refuse to honor the late check-out that they had approved over the phone but they charged me an addition $125 and acted as if they were making a huge exception for us. We felt like unwelcome intruders here and paid a small fortune for our simple overnight stay. Definitely not recommended!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dreamsandthings

Dear dreamandthings,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and greatly apologize your stay did not meet your expectations. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you so you may share further details from your stay in hopes we may better assist you and future guests. I'm hopeful that you can give us the opportunity to better serve you again in the future so we can demonstrate the exceptional level of service we are known for. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly and speak with our Operations Manager at 718-848-2121.