“Couldn't be better”

Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Ottawa, Canada
“Couldn't be better”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Renate, Elize, Stacy were wonderful to talk with and made sure everything was arranged from early check in to travel to the hotel to knowing how to get around the area and travel to and from Manhattan. I found the rooms very clean but a little old. The continental breakfast was tasty with cheerful employees making sure there was enough food for everyone there. It was only for one night as we were passing through New York but certainly going back again. Couldn't ask for more with the price and convenience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Holmer106

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Usually i have only good things to say about Hampton Inns - but not this time.
The whole place reeks of smoke including elevators, non-smoking floors and the lobby. Not to speak of their smoking rooms. And that is where i was checked into with a 6 month old baby. Who puts a baby in a smoking room? It is beyond me how the check in staff wouldn´t even mention this to me upon check in.
The hotel floors, elevators and rooms are dark and dull, tired and worn.
Other than that the room had a decent size and was clean, although the windows where disturbingly dirty from the outside.
To end on a positive note: the guy they called to put my luggage into their luggage storage (i think he was working security there?) was very friendly and effective and cared about me and my family.
Their breakfast area seemed modern, bright and large enough for big crowds but breakfast selection was below Hampton Inn average.
I will not go back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gersag
Scotland
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed here whilst waiting on a second flight from JFK airport. The room was acceptable but didn't have anything making it special or memorable. The area wasn't the best so neither were the views. It was a bed for the night though.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Washington, United States
Reviewed 17 November 2013

While attending a Wedding in Brooklyn, NY, I had the good fortune of joining the wedding party for two nights at the JFK Airport Hampton Inn Hotel. While the cost was very moderate through a group rate for participants in the wedding, the services, staff and amenities of the Hotel were flying high and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Stacy M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn NY - JFK, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We strive to provide a wonderful experience, and I am so thrilled that we delieverd that to you. We hope you keep us in mind if you shall return to the JFK area.

Warmest Regard,
Stacy M.
new york
Reviewed 16 November 2013

A couple of months ago I wrote to compliment Deron, the shuttle driver, on his professional manner regarding a fellow guest that left medicine in the refrigerator and only realized the oversight en route to the airport for an out of country flight. Deron's manners were quite impressive and now I must admit that I was also the benefactor of good treatment from Management. Normally when I come into NY my stay at the Hampton Inn is for business and I am hardly seen by the staff as I come and go to conduct business, but on this particular trip three (3) weeks ago I found myself recovering from a small procedure that left me sore and still under anesthesia. Ana inquired if I needed a specific bed that may suite my recovery and Trudie made certain that I received the necessary accommodations to fill the prescription that was in my hand. After a couple of hours of rest, I never felt better. This is a wonderful hotel where the entire staff is concerned about their guests. I am greatly appreciative. I could not have found a better hotel. XOXOXOXO

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank cindynewyork
Trudy W, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn NY - JFK, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
On behalf of the entire staff and management team here at the Hampton Inn JFK Hotel we thank you for your comments and feedback. As we strive to maintaing being the "becon of hospitality", we hope that all our guest will have the same experience that you did.We are glad that we were able to assit you during your recovery stage and hope that if you return to New York you consider this your "HOME AWAY FROM HOME".

Best regards,
Your family/friends.
Smithville, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The hotel staff are very knowledgeable, friendly and eager to provide a service that is second to none, and on top of that, they are very professional and enjoy their responsibilities of making you feel at home.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Ceil C
Stacy M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn NY - JFK, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Warmest regards from New York ,

As a service-oriented company, we highly appreciate our guests' opinion and therefore we recognize the value of taking your time to let us know about your experience. I want to give you the thanks for your comments and for selecting our hotel . We do hope to have the opportunity to serve you here again at "Your Home away from Home" Hampton Inn JFK.

Stacy M.
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Very nice hotel if proximity to JFK airport is important. Very good breakfast - best bagels of any Hampton Inn! The rooms are clean and comfortable. Nice fitness center and the internet is fast and trouble-free.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate your feedback about your experience and we want all our guest to feel at home. We are pleased that all the ammenities meet your standard and we will continue to provide service that exceeds expectations.