“thank you front desk staff”

Hampton Inn NY - JFK
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed 14 June 2014

on may 22, my family, along with 2 other families, found ourselves stranded at JFK after missing our overseas flight due to weather. we tried calling hotels near the airport but quickly realized it would be difficult to find hotel rooms for 15 people at almost midnight. we decided to call expedia to simplify our search, and booked rooms through them over the phone at this hotel. upon arriving at the hotel we were informed that expedia had sold us rooms the hotel did not have available. we continued to call hotels, but were unable to find a solution. the front desk clerks offered to call another hampton inn in Manhattan for us and book us rooms there. after securing us rooms they also arranged transportation for us into the city. when the cab company was difficult and did not send the appropriate number of vans for us at the agreed upon price, the front desk clerk Rose argued with them on our behalf and worked it all out. during the 2 hour process of finding new rooms and waiting for cabs to arrive, we overheard Rose tell guest after guest who were arriving that they didn't have rooms, despite the fact that expedia had sold the rooms to them. Rose and the other front desk clerk, Amareca, handled this situation with patience and resourcefulness time and time again. our group of 15, which included 9 kids/teenagers had essentially taken over the lobby area at the hotel where we were not even going to stay. the staff offered us hot chocolate and coffee as well as the use of their restrooms, even though we were not their guests nor was the situation their fault. it was 2:30 in the morning before we arrived at the other hampton inn downtown. needless to say we were exhausted and quite frustrated, but thankful for the help from the hampton inn staff at JFK. thank you Rose and Amareca for your kindness and patience with us that night!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn NY - JFK

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I had to split my journey to Los Angeles in May as I didn't have enough air miles to fly direct. This meant a short stopover in New York. The Hampton seemed to be very popular, so I decided to book it. Apart from the long wait for the shuttle at JFK at 7PM, which I think is as much an airport problem as anything else, the rest of my experience was positive.

The room was very good. There was no noise in the corridors. The bed was very comfortable and the reception staff and shuttle bus drivers were friendly and chatty.

There's also a very good restaurant at the Hilton, which is accessible through an adjoining door. Food was very good and staff were friendly.

On the way back, I had a fourteen hour layover in New York, but was in no fit state to go sightseeing due to a lousy flight with no sleep. I contacted the Hampton again and asked for a day room for six hours. They were very accommodating and gave me a very good rate for the room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2014

It was a nice hotel. The room was clean, and the breakfast was good. From our room we had a good view of the airport, and I enjoy watching airplanes. It is close to a main highway and not to far from the city.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My experience could not have been any better. I was in NYC for extensive and painful dental work. The room was quiet and cool, which was very important to me. The bed was very comfortable. I required a reliable cab service and the front desk people were very helpful. It was very easy to get any kind of food delivered. The Hotel Shuttle was really convenient, No waiting. I am very pleased with my stay at the Hampton.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I arrived in New York at 3am after a long flight and needed somewhere to have a few hours sleep, a shower and to leave my luggage while I went into Manhattan. The Hampton Inn exceeded my expectations of comfort and cleanliness. The bed was one of the comfiest I've slept in anywhere! This is conveniently located, the staff are super friendly and helpful and I would highly recommend it for anyone passing through.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Have stayed at this particular Hampton Inn twice and have enjoyed it each time. The shuttle service to/from JFK and the complimentary breakfast and 24-hour beverage service are great perks. Will stay here whenever possible.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Eleanor T
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were headed to SE Asia and had an unplanned overnight at JFK. We used points to get a couple of rooms at this property and it turned out to be a pleasant evening. After calling the HHonor's desk and setting up the rooms, we went to the pick up circle where we were picked up by Richard, the gregarious afternoon/evening shuttle driver.

We were traveling heavy with 7 bags total and three of them were at our 50 lb max. He insisted on handling it all, taught us the morning routine to get back to the terminal, recommended a Chinese take out place and got us to the hotel in minutes.

This property is a 12 story building attached to the JFK Hilton which is also 12 stories. It was built in 2001 and is not dated. Reception was friendly and quick. We got two rooms next door to each other and we were pleased that the rooms were decent with clean sheets & nice furniture along with your normal Hampton amenities. we checked for bed bugs and found none, ordered Chinese and settled in for a pleasant stay. The Chinese was quick to arrive and great.

Next morning we had a hot free breakfast, checked out and another great driver had us to our terminal in less than 5 minutes.

Take away- a well maintained decent property very convenient to JFK with friendly hard working staff. We'll use it again should we be that way.

Room Tip: The elevator dings when it arrives at a floor, ask for a room away from it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family