“Clean, comfortable and quiet”

Hampton Inn NY - JFK
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Like most other people, we spent just one night at this hotel, to have a break before continuing on to LAX. We were given instructions how to access the free shuttle from KFK to the hotel, however as non-locals we were a bit confused so we caught a cab. The taxi driver did not know where to go, but we got there after he consulted his GPS. We took take advantage of the shuttle from the hotel back to JFK and found the service most convenient.

Breakfast is OK. You help yourself to hot or cold items, using plastic cutlery and plates. We'd experienced the same approach at another US airport hotel. It seems basic airport hotels do not trust their guests with proper plates and cutlery!

We ate dinner next door at the Hilton and enjoyed the meal. The several hours we spent at the Hampton allowed us to continue our travels, refreshed and prepared for two more long flights on the way home.

Room Tip: Our room faced the airport and was still quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nocatnow
Write a ReviewReviews (1,794)

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The hotel is only designed to meet the needs of JFK passengers. Airport shuttles consistently block the entrance to the hotel. There is a shortage of parking if you drive to the hotel and even a greater shortage of guest support. Room was substandard and became flooded by an overflowing toilet. We left as quickly as possible.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
3  Thank John G
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Had a 1-night stay at the Hampton on a quick overnight visit to Long Island. It was a decent, basic airport hotel. It was clean and quiet, with a very comfortable bed, good lighting, blackout curtains, plenty of electrical outlets. No in-room safe. The bathroom provided limited amenities (shampoo, conditioner, lotion) and a decent wall-mounted hairdryer, and plenty of counter space.
The included breakfast is adequate, plentiful and replenished frequently, although not great quality - watery oatmeal, odd faux scrambled eggs (looks like made from a processed egg product, cooked and diced), mediocre pastries. But at least there were some hot items, and there was fresh fruit, apple & orange juice, yogurt, cereal, etc. Coffee/tea is available in the lobby around the clock.
Service at the front desk was great. When I asked for a cab, they had a town car driver standing by who was able to take me right away, and at a better price than the taxi I used for my return.
Shuttle service to/from JFK worked well. On arrival, take Airtrain to Federal Circle to catch the hotel shuttle. For departures, they drop directly at the terminals. The one bad experience I had with my stay was the shuttle driver on departure, who didn't ask me which terminal I was going to (apparently he asked as he was loading luggage in the back, and I had none so just got in the van), then gave me a lot of attitude when he found he had to circle back. I pointed out that no one asked me, to which he replied that he asked everyone...well, no, if you had you would have known where I was going!
Despite that, overall it was a good choice and I would stay here again if I needed to be at the airport.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Seattle98101
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel was great. Staff was very friendly and accommodating for our large group. Breakfast was different each morning, but excellent each time. Rooms were clean and beds very comfortable. Many airline employees seem to stay here every night. Price was a bit more than other hotels in the area, but well worth it.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Everything about my stay was easy. Plenty of free parking spaces. Courteous staff. Large and beautifully decorated sitting area for breakfast. The room was clean and quiet. Also there is a free shuttle to JFK.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We, my sister and I, were treated very good at Hampton Inn NY-JFK. My sister screwed up the HD television and a repairman came right up and readjusted it. The bathroom, which was very clean, sprung a leak in the faucet, and a man came up and fixed it right away. The breakfast food was plentiful. The staff was friendly and courtesy; water bottles came up like magic if you said you were thirsty, a request for utensils was honored immediately after the kitchen had closed. The staff was friendly and courteous. I would recommend it and I would like to stay there again when I'm in New York.

1  Thank 48lolita
Reviewed 14 June 2014

on may 22, my family, along with 2 other families, found ourselves stranded at JFK after missing our overseas flight due to weather. we tried calling hotels near the airport but quickly realized it would be difficult to find hotel rooms for 15 people at almost midnight. we decided to call expedia to simplify our search, and booked rooms through them over the phone at this hotel. upon arriving at the hotel we were informed that expedia had sold us rooms the hotel did not have available. we continued to call hotels, but were unable to find a solution. the front desk clerks offered to call another hampton inn in Manhattan for us and book us rooms there. after securing us rooms they also arranged transportation for us into the city. when the cab company was difficult and did not send the appropriate number of vans for us at the agreed upon price, the front desk clerk Rose argued with them on our behalf and worked it all out. during the 2 hour process of finding new rooms and waiting for cabs to arrive, we overheard Rose tell guest after guest who were arriving that they didn't have rooms, despite the fact that expedia had sold the rooms to them. Rose and the other front desk clerk, Amareca, handled this situation with patience and resourcefulness time and time again. our group of 15, which included 9 kids/teenagers had essentially taken over the lobby area at the hotel where we were not even going to stay. the staff offered us hot chocolate and coffee as well as the use of their restrooms, even though we were not their guests nor was the situation their fault. it was 2:30 in the morning before we arrived at the other hampton inn downtown. needless to say we were exhausted and quite frustrated, but thankful for the help from the hampton inn staff at JFK. thank you Rose and Amareca for your kindness and patience with us that night!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family