“Great airport hotel”

Radisson Hotel JFK Airport
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I booked this hotel literally 2 hours before arriving due to the snowy and icy conditions at JFK a few days ago. I had a flight to catch thr next day so the hotel location was convenient (hotel has its own shuttle to airport - 10min drive). The staff were friendly especially the two young lady receptionists (long dark hair) forgot their names. Hostess Maria at bfast bar could be friendlier. I think she was the only flaw in my stay. The room was clean and spacious. However for the rate I paid, the bathroom could be updated just a tad more (shower curtain with thread coming out, bathroom tile chipped, shower faucet loose) but am just being picky. Will def return if needed - thanks.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Savio M, Manager at Radisson Hotel JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Guest

We value your feedback and look forward to having you as our guest again.

Manager Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,229)

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We had yesterday (under reservación 14208) the most unpleasant experience in a hotel whatsoever, and never thought that this situation could happen under the Radisson service clout!

Since the arrival, it took extra time for the shuttle to pick us up at JFK Airport; the room booked was not ready as requested; the attention level and attitude of the check-in clerk at the front desk quite poor; high level of deterioration and lack of proper cleaning everywhere: since the shuttle van to the lobby, elevators, aisles, room & bathroom and restaurant.

But still the worst part is to come: The poorest quality and attitude of the staff in charge and responsible to interact with the customer: from the phone operators, the front desk clerks, etc. and the communication system itself: denying consistently the possibility to communicate with the room we finally accepted, it was a total nightmare!

As an exception of the poor common performance of the Radisson JFK Hotel personnel I experienced, I have to point out the courtesy and willingnesss to help and solve received from Mr John (from the restaurant).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank frojas_logis
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best “Yes I Can!” service. To discuss your concern further, please contact Radisson Corporate Customer Care at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Booked this hotel after flight delayed. Had 4 50 pounds luggages in addition to hand carry. The bellman refused to help us, stating he did not work after 10pm (we arrived just after that time) so nobody helped us and between the two of us, we had to carry our luggages to the room ourselves. There was no cart or anything of that nature to ease the challenge. He was even rude to the nice front desk lady who remained calm and composed and treated us politely. It was obvious she was aware how rude and inappropriate her colleague was. It is because of her I am giving the hotel an average grade. Would not ever book this hotel again and I do not recommend at all.

Stayed: December 2013
Savio M, Manager at Radisson Hotel JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Dear Guest

We have faced a few challenges on these issues and corrective measures are now in place to address them. We appreciate the fact that the professionalism of the front desk staff has been recognized but would like you to give us another chance to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I was quite impressed with this hotel from cleanliness to the level of service I received from all staff. Check in was seamless. I got a fantastic room decorated with modern contemporary style furnishings. The Fitness club had state of the art fitness equipment. Enough exercise machines to serve all guests. My room was cleaned with a sense of genuine care and concern everything was perfectly set up. Hats off to the hotel Chef food quality was fantastic. Nice lounge/bar to gather with friends for a cocktail and a bite to eat, I enjoyed the bar ambiance and the prompt service I received from the servers and bartender. Great value for a comfortable stay. . .

Room Tip: Great Value. Hotel is well maintained.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Valued Guest

Thank you for your positive review on your last stay at the Radisson Hotel JFK Airport. We value your patronage and would like to wish you and your family a Happy Holiday season.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

rooms are very dirty, I was looking for a plug next to my bed and saw how filthy it was, also my clock radio didn't work, my coworker found a used toothbrush in his shower, other coworker had no towels in room. hotel does not pick you up at the terminal which is another hassle.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kate W

Greetings from the Radisoon Hotel at JFK airport

We are sorry we could not meet your expectations on this visit, As part of a regular crew that stays with us our goal is to make the short stopover a home away from home and on this visit we failed. We respectfully ask if there is any way we can make amends. Talk to our duty managers at the desk on your next visit so that we can make good on this issue.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stayed only one night while traveling through, and I was blown away from the moment I arrived.
The staff were so polite and friendly, always had a smile on their face. After being away from home for so long and not having great experiences at other hotels, it made my night.
Rooms clean and the pillows so comfy.
Restaurant staff great as well, and had an excellent meal.

The next time I'm in the area, I'll be sure to come back. Thanks again for the wonderful night!

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are happy that you indicate that we would be the hotel of choice on your next transit via New York. We look forward to your patronage of the Radisson Brand and our hotel.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I got a good night sleep both nights of my stay. The front desk personel where very helpful. Ms Mirely was there to help from check in to check out.House keeping did a great job during our stay. They could use more parking spots for the geust to park there own cars.

Room Tip: All roooms are nice and clean
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Savio M, Manager at Radisson Hotel JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Greetings from the Big Apple

The Radisson Brand change brought along with it team spirit and the "YES I CAN" attitude; evident with the past few guest reviews. As for the Valet parking it is more for your security and we have this service around the clock. however we will look into your suggestions and see what best we can do in the future.