“Excellent value; Very comfortable beds; So-so restaurant”

Radisson Hotel JFK Airport
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We were stuck at JFK during a series of thunderstorms when our flight was cancelled, and we needed to make a last second reservation near the airport. We booked a room here for a better value than the majority of the other hotels, and were very pleased with the room and the extremely comfortable beds. The restaurant was only okay and nothing special. The hotel staff were very professional and very helpful. We had no issues with the shuttle to/from the hotel, and it leaves every 30 minutes. I was very pleased with my stay here and would give it 5 stars if the restaurant had been better.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank kelly b
Savio M, Manager at Radisson Hotel JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear kelly b,

Thank you for your feedback and making sure to point out the areas that need improvement. The Food & Beverage manager is looking into details of your stay and implement new strategies for a better guest experience. We thank you again and look forward to hosting you again.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel JFK Airport

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We had to wait 1 hour for the shuttle bus to arrive, it left some passenger because it was so small!
When we arrive there my friend that is handicap ask the bell boy to take the bag and he refuse to take it, we talk to Richard the front desk person and he did contact the manager after waiting for a long time I came back and ask to see if the manager was free and he told me that he left! Ok! We were sitting at the restaurant and the calamari were so over fry( I have a picture) we ask for another and it was the same! Them we proceed to go to our room! No lamps in the night stand, toilet seated broken no towels we call several time they said we will send them up! I got in the shower and the towels never came I dry last night and this morning with my thirst! In the meantime I call priceline last night to report that this is not to a 3 star hotel! I was on the phone for 45 minutes and still no towels nothing! I got up today for a flight and still no towels! This is the worsti mean worst after a while they just stop answering the phone! We use Priceline a lot but this is not a 3 star hotel at all!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Alfredo1976

Dear Alfredo1976,

We are sorry that you had issues during your recent stay and would like to apologize for the inconvenience. The concerned department heads are reviewing your stay details and rest assured that we will make sure to address your concerns. Brand standards call for us to make sure guests leave the hotel with a 100% satisfaction guarantee and we would like you to be our guest again for us to prove this.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed there for 1 night since I was attending a dermatology conference in NYC. This morning I got to the front desk on the quarter of the hour and was told that I'd have to wait an additional 15 mins for the shuttle or I could take a cab if I was in a hurry. Decided to wait. At the hour, the shuttle pulled up and called for just the Delta crew. So other hotel patrons don't need to get to where they're going as well?? I approached the driver and told him that I needed to get to the airtrain to catch the subway. got on the shuttle and he forgot about me. Now I am running 45 mins behind schedule bc of the radisson shuttle. Don't think it's fair esp considering how much I paid for the hotel room

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Dermdoc123

Dear Dermdoc123,

We would like to apologize for the miscommunication between the driver and yourself. It looks like it was human error- but the Director of transportation is looking into this and will make sure it does not occur again. Our goal here is to resolve matters like these and we would be glad if you could call us to discuss possible redemption options.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

on my way back to oslo norway i had to stay one night in that hotel. hotel is very close to the airport. you do not need to take a taxi just wait for the shuttle buss from hotel. hotel is fine. beds are comfortable, clean, bathroom are ok-nothing special. people in front desk are very nice and helpful. breakfast, brunch or dinner are ok- nothing special.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Monica-Sophia J

Dear Monica-Sophia J,

Thank you for your valuable feedback after your recent stay at the Radisson Hotel JFK Airport. We value your feedback and our goal is to convert these 4 star reviews to 5, saying so we need your inputs into the areas that we can improve on so that future guests have a better experience.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I've recently lost my apartment in Manhattan and had the very good luck with this hotel the few times I was able to get booked with them on Hotwire. They really tried to make me comfortable while I was there, from helping me to and from the airport and getting to a chase ATM and with late check_outs without trying to chisel more money out of me like some of the other hotels in the area. This really means a lot to me as I've been under duress while looking for a new place to call home. The front desk people are all really nice and really try to help you with anything you need. Ask for the General Manager Pierre if you need something special as he really understands what the WORD HOSPITALITY MEANS!

• Stayed: April 2014
Savio M, Manager at Radisson Hotel JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Kenny G

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Pierre is a great GM and the team here is focused to guest needs. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We were on a flight to JFK that was delayed 6 hours on 4/15 and we missed connecting flight. The airline found us a room at the Radisson JFK after a great deal of searching. When we called the hotel they immediately sent the shuttle to pick us up. The hotel was really busy because of the number of cancelled flights and it was EASTER week. The girl behind the counter was supposed to get off at 8 PM and it was nearly 1 AM when I reached the front of the line. She maintained her composure and found us a GREAT room. The next morning we went down to ask if we could store our luggage since our flight was not until 5 PM. Mirely at the front desk was very gracious and changed our checkout to 2 PM so we could eat breakfast and get something for lunch. When we told Nancy TavaRez at the restaurant we were going to leave during lunch she offered to prepare a meal to go for us. We were extremely pleased.with the service and willingness of the staff to help us in our moment of need. We would definitely recommend this hotel to folks staying near JFK.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear b1bird

We thank you for your feedback after your recent stay. The staff here makes sure all guests are made to feel at home and the ones that you mention will be acknowledged for this great service. We look forward to having you back at the Radisson Hotel JFK airport by choice so that you could experience our hospitality all over again.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The hotel is in very good shape, rooms are awesome, the manager Mirely helped me extend my stay for a few days and her attention was very professional and made me feel very comfortable at the Radisson.

The sheets and towels feel a little heavy on the bleach and chemical, but not everyone is sensitive to that like me.

The breakfast buffet could use a little more healthy options, like turkey and eggs with no cream/cheese.

Room Tip: Upgrade to business. Don't forget to hit the gym, it's frequented by nice female pilots a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Savio M, Manager at Radisson Hotel JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Circulo D

We are glad that the manager could help with your room extension and will bring your suggestions on the breakfast buffet to the Director of F&B. Yes the gym is one of the largest in the JFK market with separate His/Her sauna's. We hope you make this your hotel of choice and look forward to hosting you here again.