“Unacceptable”

Radisson Hotel JFK Airport
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Jamaica
“Unacceptable”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Elevators and my room stank of sweat and mildew. The curtains in my room didn't even fit the window. The bathroom floor, bedside phone and bedside table were dirty. I had to plead for a hair dryer which finally was delivered after an hour and a half. A manager came to my room and ran his finger through the dust on the table and said, I dont see anything.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank crryto
Savio M, Manager at Radisson Hotel JFK Airport, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear crryto

Thank you for this input after your recent stay. Management takes guest concerns especially service related seriously and we will make sure that both the shortcomings within your room as well as the housekeeper that inspected your room addressed. We apologize for any inconvenience and promise that they will be taken care off. We look forward to you visiting us again in the near future.

Savio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Bonn, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was there for only one night due to a delayed flight and a missed connection flight. Even the hotel looks from the outside not so nice, the rooms are very comfortable! Also check-in and check-out without problems. My flight was in the late afternoon and so the hotel suggested me to stay longer in my room for free (thanks to Richard, Farah and Sarahann for your service!).

Provo, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was hesitant to stay here after reading the reviews---but my university had booked the room and prepaid. It wasn't the worst thing ever.

The shuttle service is horrid---after calling for the shuttle and then waiting more than an hour, we finally rode the shuttle for the hotel next door. On the return shuttle we had frigid water from the AC unit pouring (not dripping, pouring) on us the entire ride back to JFK.

We stayed on 4 July and again on 12 July. On both days a young woman named Maria checked us in. Both times she said this was her first week. I was amused to see a review posted here three weeks ago that commended Maria---the review noted that she told them she had only been working there a few days. I guess Maria has a flexible understanding of time---or at least---an interesting approach to managing guest expectations!

Dear GnattieB

We apologize about the shuttle issue and do see that there are times were we fall short. The Director of transportation is looking into the leak on the AC unit on the bus that you rode and we will make sure we have it fixed.

We are sorry again and look forward to your continued patronage of the Brand.

Savio

Travellers are raving about these Jamaica hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel was an awful experience. I'm the type of person that will give credit where credit is due and when its not. We stayed here for our first time trip to New York. We were coming back from a wedding in Nantucket. Based on friends opinions we returned the car to JFK car rental and stayed in the area since we were departing from JFK a few days later. The rooms were decent, no smoky smell, very comfortable (no cockroaches like the one review stated). That is probably the only reason why I'm giving it a 2/5 in the rating. The management and bus shuttle were the major problems. We came back from the city extremely late around 3:15 a.m. and called for shuttle pick up. 1 hr and 15 min later they showed up with the excuse over the phone that "the driver missed the call pick up" and "we switched shifts" and "driver hasn't left yet". What to believe... still is a mystery. Came back around 4:50 to hotel and complained to the front desk, after they offered us free breakfast and free bag upkeep for one day, got some sleep.

The kicker is at check out, the front deskwoman said... ALL charges to be put in the same credit card on file. I stated the only charge should be an 8 dollar charge for the first day we checked in the rental for half a day. She said, no there is a breakfast charge and bag charge. They had charged me instead of applying a credit to the reservation!!!! Beware of your hotel bill with this place and if you are in need of a shuttle I recommend the Holiday Inn Express, that sucker was even making fun of us for still waiting while they drove by to pick up people like 10 times!!

To say that I'm a Club Carlson member and love Radisson, is making me really doubt this commitment. They're lovely everywhere else. They need to get their act together here!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leslie M
Dear Leslie M

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at the Radisson Hotel JFK airport. Feedback when negative helps us put practices in place so that we do not repeat mistakes from the past to make future guest stay trouble free and memorable.

We apologize for the billing issue that stemmed from lack of attentiveness by the desk agent that handled your complaint. But rest assured that the Director of Operations has addressed the same. We apologize again for the confusion and look forward to hosting you in the near future.

Wellborn, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel both on our way to Europe and coming home. The room was clean, quiet, and had wonderful Air Conditioning! They gave frequent shuttles to JFK. My new purse broke just as I was leaving for a 4 week trip and they were kind enough to store it for me until we returned. I would stay here again and am happy to recommend it.

Room Tip: There isn't much around the hotel. It's not the best of areas. But we did take a cab to a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth S
Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Where to begin. At check-in there was a massive party in the lobby. Apparently one of the conference rooms was being used for a party, but the party completely consumed the entire lobby. This is not the introduction to the property that I was expecting. The bathroom was disgusting: smelled of urine, the shower curtain was moldy. There was no room service for dinner -- short-staffed. We filled out the breakfast card and hung it on the door. When service never arrived we called the front desk and were informed that room service was not available that morning either. Why was the breakfast card taken from the door then? No call? Finally, I checked my credit card a few days after the stay and saw one of the room nights charged (I used points for the stay). Everything about this stay was a nightmare.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike D
Savio M, Manager at Radisson Hotel JFK Airport, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Mike D

We truly apologize for the inconvenience during your recent stay. The operations team is addressing each of the issues you brought up and we will make sure these areas are rectified. As for the billing - it has been fixed and the concerned team member will go over a training program. We have already sent you a reversal on the folio that you were charged.

We thank you for the feedback and would request you to give us another chance to redeem ourselves.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

There were a couple of issues with my reservation, but Farah and Sarah Ann helped me resolve them even though it was an extremely busy day. Overall my stay ended up being pleasant. The shuttle service to JFK is extremely convenient.

1 Thank Maria L
Dear Maria L,

Thank you for your review of our hotel after your recent stay. We are glad that all your issues were resolved before you left he property and have conveyed your kudos to the two team members that you mention on your review. Thank you again and we look forward to having you back as a guest at the Radisson Hotel JFK Airport.