“Watch your Credit Card”

Radisson Hotel JFK Airport
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed here a few weeks ago and have waited to review this hotel until an issue was resolved. Overall the hotel was clean and close to the airport which suited my needs. However it is $16.50 to valet park. I paid cash for this and they charged my credit card for it! I had to call back 5x to get it refunded being passed around from extension to extension always ending up being transferred to the accounting dept voicemail and never getting a call back. I finally just disputed the charge with my credit card and got the refund that way. It's a shame because this experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. Other than this I definitely would have stayed at this hotel again but now I feel like I don't want to risk another hassle.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alison f
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services regarding billing. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed here overnight, decided to eat in the restaurant and chose a Cobb salad with chicken. Not sure how many times the chicken had been cooked and reheated but it was foul, both in terms of taste and texture. No-one came to ask how the meal was and no-one came to clear the plates after we'd finished. My advice - eat before you arrive if at all possible.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your feedback regarding the restaurant. We regret to hear your dining experience did not meet your expectations. We have passed on your comments and concerns to hotel management so they may address this situation with food and beverage to ensure that outstanding service and presentation is delivered.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I´ve done over 60 reviews here, and always tried to be as fair as possible, so will try to describe what happened in this hotel, a chain of mistakes and lack of quality. We pre paid a room with two beds, 15 days before our stay. We got there just after midnight, I phoned the hotel, to request a shuttle, only on the forth time some one answered, telling me to get a train to "federal circle" station, so we did, and half an hour later we phone then again. Past twenty minutes, shuttle arrived an took us to the hotel, when we gotta there, surprise, no room for us! We pre paid, we phoned then, but nothing of this was enough! The receptionist asked someone to get our luggage, and the bell boy decided to put our luggage in the elevator, even knowing we didn´t have a room number yet, and he decided to use one of the bags to hold the elevator door. Minutes later the security person, named "Ayo", nearly kicked the bags holding the door and started shouting on us, he looked at me and said "man, you can´t do that and blá blá bla´"as if we did the bag holding the door, first of all "man"??? I am not one of his mates from the streets, I am a guest, second find out who did it and then take action, unacceptable way to deal with a client, no education he has, how can a person like him can work in a place having contact with clients????? next morning we came down, asked to the reception if they had a luggage store, she said she would charge for each piece, so I asked her if I could pay with credit card, she said, No! then I asked if I could get a receipt, no again! So we know this money wont go to the hotel right?! Finally, we decided to have breakfast, in the line, the woman in charged to seat the guest looked at me and asked, do you have a voucher? I said no, and she looked again and said, " are you sure? is 18 us$ per person", well, she was right, I had 210US$ to stay one night in this place that is worth 50 bucks, and now I will spend another 36US$!!!!! I must be out of my mind! ps* management, any questions, check your cameras on august the 4th around 1:30 in the morning.

Room Tip: There are other hotels in the area, go for them! or sleep in the terminal!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rafael L
Savio M, Manager at Radisson Hotel JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Rafael L

Thank you for your feedback on this issue after your recent stay. Management will make all efforts to address these concerns as well as coach and counsel the concerned staff member. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you at check in and would like you to give us another chance to redeem ourselves.

Savio

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I frequently travel to New York's Long Island area and tend to stay at the hotels around the airport. Anyone who's been there knows that the area by the airport is dirty and dangerous, so you'ld do well chosing a good hotel. The Radisson fits that bill. In contrast to the other "self proclaimed" 3-4 star hotels in the vicinity, the Radisson actually has a nice restaurant and bar, where you can stay in rather than having to venture into the dangerous neighborhood outside, that is Jamaica, New York. The Radisson has all the other amenities, as well. Pools, Fitness, Wellness and the likes, but it feels a lot calmer and maybe even classier than the surrounding hotels, which, come to think about it, all belong to the Hilton group.... For my money the Radisson is the best business traveller's choice at JFK.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Christian L
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We booked in to the hotel because of delayed flight. It was a releaf to find find rooms for the whole family (2 adults, 3 teenagers). The hotel has a shuttle from car rental locations, and to the airport. The shuttle busses are small, and had not capacity to take all the hotel guests with their luggage. The buses go every 30 min. The hotel had luggage trolleys, but it took a long time to before the personnel found them. We had booked two rooms. In one of them A/C did not work and had to be restarted by a technician. It stopped working again during the night. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel, but visited the lobby bar during the evening. The hotel was not welcoming, and all interiors were worn out.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Anyone looking for a place that is comfortable and serene, look no further!!! Spacious bedding and very high quality service. The staff is very helpful. My room had a king size bed and I was expecting a standard room

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Obtained a room at this hotel when our flight was cancelled. We would have been better off staying overnight at the airport since we did not get any sleep due to poor conditions of the room and loud noises. The price was also high.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Savio M, Manager at Radisson Hotel JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear 347benitam,

Thank you for your feedback and we do apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. It's hard to tell from your review if it was external noise or disturbance from other patrons at the hotel. We appreciate your feedback but any specifics regarding your stay will help us as a team to make sure we can address your concerns.

Savio