“Great Place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Jamaica
Cold Spring, NY
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Took the park and fly option due to an early morning flight out of JFK. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make sure we left on time for the airport in the a.m. When we returned we called when we landed and not only was the shuttle waiting for us outside, when we arrived to get our car it was pulled up to the front of the hotel. Having used the park and fly option at other area hotels, this was by far the best experience.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
FairfieldinnJFK, General Manager at Fairfield Inn New York JFK Airport, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer,

On behalf of my team at Fairfield Inn by Marriott at JFK Airport, I would like to thank you for your business and we really appreciate you sharing your positive experience with tripadvisor community.

I am glad to hear that our team members were able to provide you with the level of service that we strive to provide each and every one of our guest. Our service is based on our promises that we make to each and every one of our guest. Those are Always make you feel welcome, Always provide you with a room that's clean, fresh and reflects highest quality standards, Always respond promptly to any needs that you may have and Always provide you with a service that will make you want to return.

Our Park & Fly package is very reasonably priced compared to other area hotel. We operate differently as compared to other area hotels. Other area hotels uses some one else's parking lot to secure your vehicle while you are away. We use our own lot to secure your vehicle. Your vehicle is never removed from our parking lot while in our possession. It's always a good idea to ask the hotels if they would be driving your vehicle to a location away from the hotel. This will help you reduce liability on your end in case your vehicle gets into any sort of accidents and causes any sort of injury or death or any property damage.

I am glad that you called us from the airport so as to give us enough time to clean your vehicle of any snow and warm up your car and pull it up front so that it's ready for you to drive back home upon arrival at our hotel.

At Fairfield Inn by Marriott JFK Airport, we greatly appreciate your business and your valuable feedback. Your feedback will motivate our team to work even harder. Hope to have a pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Cheshire, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

I would never leave my cars again at the Fairfield Inn JFK location.

We arrived back from our trip on a bitter cold day (5 degrees and very windy). I called the hotel when we arrived at the central location for pick up at 7:06. We were told that the bus from the hotel would be there shortly. (We were told that the bus come about every 8 minutes.) 15 minutes later I called the Fairfield Inn again and explained that we were still waiting for the shuttle. Again I was told that the bus would be there in less than 8 minutes. All the time while we waited other hotel shuttles were picking up passengers. After another 15 minutes I called the hotel again. Now we are frozen from standing outside for 30 minutes. We waited another 15 minutes before the shuttle finally arrived. We were outside for more that 45 minutes. When we arrived at the hotel the cars were covered with ice and snow. Neither car was cleared of snow or warmed by the time we got to the hotel. (Something we have always had at Park and Fly lots). It was a lot of money for a service that was less than poor.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Suitcase_Packed2014
FairfieldinnJFK, General Manager at Fairfield Inn New York JFK Airport, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer, Suitcase_Packed 2,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay. We really appreciate your business and your valuable feedback.

I would like to clarify that our shuttle buses do not run every 8 minutes and we will never promise the same. In fact none of the hotels in this area offers shuttle bus service that runs every 8 minutes. While I certainly will look into your claim that it took at least 45 minutes to pick you up from the terminal. Please e-mail me your contact information at chetan.patel@marriott.com. Please accept my sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Please be advised that we have an open parking lot and most of the nation has been dealing with one of the coldest temperatures in recent history. Our associates really worked hard and worked overtime to ensure that our parking lot and every single cars get cleaned. Unfortunately, We really can't clean our parking lot & over 80 cars immediately within few hours particularly when it's below freezing temperatures (below 5 degrees to be specific with wind chills). Our associates worked tirelessly on that particular day. Upon every 1/2 an hour of outdoor work removing snow, they were required to get indoors and get themselves warmed up with a short break before they can go out again. Our team members worked double shift on those days just to ensure that our parking lot gets cleared of snow as early as they can. We are talking about almost a foot of snow and let me inform you that it's illegal to dump that snow on the street.

While we strive to provide each and every guest with an excellent customer service in every way possible we can, we unfortunately are unable to beat the nature. We simply have to learn to accept and adapt the nature as it is.

Please e-mail me your contact information at chetan.patel@marriott.com so that I may contact you and get further details about your claim of having to wait 45 minutes for pick up. This will really help me investigate this matter.

Once again, Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Sacramento, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Close to JFK, free and timely-and-polite shuttle both ways.
Property is a bit 'industrial', not their fault, but the neighborhood is what it is.
Hotel has odd setup of needing to go-down-to-go-up. Has elevators both ways, all five steps.
Room was tooo clean, as it smelled of whatever they use to clean the place. I started a cup of coffee to cover that up.
Convenience to JFK is great, but for a stay in NYC, nah.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Skiurazov
FairfieldinnJFK, General Manager at Fairfield Inn New York JFK Airport, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Skiurazov,

I would like to thank you for your business and really appreciate your feedback. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel shuttle service to be timely and effecient. I am also glad to hear that you found our associates to be very polite. I certainly will look into the cleaning agents issue. We use environment friendly Ecolab products for cleaning. Not sure why the odor was too strong in your room. I certainly will discuss the matter with our housekeepers. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I really hope to have another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Thank you.

General Manager.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Due to connection times, we needed to stay overnight near JFK Airport on our trip to St Lucia. We found this place to be VERY convenient; just a few short minutes from JFK on their shuttle. We had no problem with noise and slept very well in a very clean and comfortable room. We thought the cost was also reasonable for the NYC area.

The staff were efficient and helpful. Restaurant area is basic but the food was good and not expensive. Restaurant staff were very good; friendly, polite, good table service.

If you are like us and enjoy a bottle of wine on an overnight stay near an airport, there was a liquor store right across the road with a very good wine selection and reasonable prices.

Ant time we need an overnight stay near to JFK we will definitely stay here again.

Green Features: When you are only staying one night the towels and bed linen are going to be changed anyway.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tkcarter
Edina, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

I recently needed to stay near JFK before an international flight. This was the ticket!
Reasonably priced, clean and great staff! Free breakfast and drop off at airport terminals.
A great value and prompt pick up at Federal Circle.
Nice gym on the property if you want to fit in a workout. Also cozy bar and nice menu options for a light bite.
I will return next month for a pre flight stay.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank JFB124
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of my team at Fairfield Inn JFK Airport, I would like to thank you for providing us with an opportunity to serve you during your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel to be reasonable priced. At Fairfield inn JFK we strive to provide value for your dollars in what ever ways we can.

Please be informed that our restaurant menu is designed to keep our cost to a minimum level, hence it's reasonably priced for an airport hotel. All of our menu items are freshly made to order from scratch. We ensure that we don't have any left over food items by end of the day. This helps us eliminate food wastage. It does take a little bit of time to prepare your food order but it's worth the wait once it's tasted.

Overall I am happy to hear that you have chosen our hotel for your future pre-flight stays. We just can't thank you enough for your business.

Thank you.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

Needed a hotel for a short stay between flights. The Fairfield offers great value. It's very clean and very well maintained. The bed and sheets are very comfortable. Bathroom was pristine with decent products. Nice selection in the breakfast buffet. 10 minute trip on the convenient hotel shuttle. Friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Begum75
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

One night stay in December to catch a morning flight our of JFK. Don't let the surroundings fool you, it is a very clean and has a great staff. The rooms and facilities are very clean. Also, a great way to save money versus spending the night in the city. The breakfast is sufficient and the airport shuttle operates on-time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business