Holiday Inn Express At JFK
US$174
Fairfield Inn
US$212
US$185
All reviewscinnamon rollsone nightclose to the airporthourly shuttlenew yorkfederal circlefree breakfastruns every hournext morningfront desk staffyogurtan overnight stayan airport hotelother hotelsshuttle servicebreakfast roomrooms are small
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The location next to JFK is very convenient and the shuttle service quick and efficient. The staff are very welcoming and helpful, the hotel is clean but in need of of a little TLC. Reasonable choice at breakfast but it was a bit chaotic as the breakfast room is a bit small and also serves as the access route to the hotel reception.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dexx
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dexx,

I truly appreciate the time you took to write and post a review on the Tripadvisor website. Our property is very convenient to JFK airport and our shuttle runs 24hrs a day to the airport. Thank you for recommending us to all our future guests and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I had a reservation for an overnight layover at JFK. I called several times to ask about the hotel and to send some Amazon packages over, and they were extremely helpful. Even more, when I lost my connecting flight to JFK and had to cancel the reservation, I was still able to pick up my packages the next day, and they were the nicest you could think of. If I were staying at JFK again, I would certainly stay at the Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank E_Panama
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

E_Panama,

Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to read that you found my associates to be “extremely helpful.” I appreciate you recommending us to the Tripadvisor community and we look forward to your next visit to the JFK area.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I'm not a casual hotel visitor, I spend over 250 days a year in various hotels throughout the world (mostly in the Americas but approx. 2% overseas). Primarily Hilton & Hampton brands.

Convenience: easy access to the interstate. pretty convenient for travel but need car to get anywhere interesting
Length of stay: 1 week
RM Size: moderate
Price: reasonable for the area
Service: outstanding. everyone i ran into were just outstanding. friendly and very accommodating
Clean: I'm pretty picky.. i notice things like curtains, both shower and windows. behind stuff, corners.. this crew is meticulous. Room was spotless
Bathroom: avg to small size but decent
Lobby: a bit cumbersome with the multi levels but pretty nice. updated decor.
Pool/amenities: I don't use no comment
Parking: okay... free.. if you have odd hours you might a bit of trouble. but neighborhood is all hotels and appears pretty safe.
Internet: pretty fast, even in corner room off beaten path. have to sign on a few time within 24 hours.
Rewards/Perks: chocolates and water. Don't believe i got a room upgrade.

I would stay again with no issues.. only negative is the walls are paper thin and house keeping came way too early for my liking.

Room Tip: I stayed in rm 501
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jeannibeanie

jeannibeanie,

Thank you for your straightforward review of my property. It is always great when an experienced traveler recommends my property. I was thrilled that you found the service from my team of associates to be “outstanding.” My housekeepers do pride themselves on the cleanliness of our rooms and I was glad to read that you found your room to be “spotless.”

We all look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by our experience at the Holiday Inn Express JFK Airport. Upon checking in, we were given a welcome gift as Platinum members. When we arrived at the room, there were even more gifts, including a letter from the manager. A nice touch, especially from a airport hotel where guests usually only stay one night. The bed was nice, and a decent size for New York. Breakfast was included, which is nice. The only con was that the transportation to the airport can take a while, as it makes a few stops at other hotels.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thayet99
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

ThayeT99,

Thank you for posting a review on the Tripadvisor website about your recent visit to my property. I was glad you enjoyed the small touches we employ to make our IHG Rewards members feel welcome. We truly appreciate the time you took to share your experiences with all our future guests.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

This was super for a stop over at JFK. Had a bit of a wait to check in
only one person on the desk at 7pm (but the guest in front of us did want a lot) after a while another member of staff joined we were then dealt with with great professionalism (hope Clarisa enjoyed her cruise). It was managers special evening so we had a few free beers what a great idea.
Breakfast we were unable to take up because of a 5am depart from hotel, but we were offered a breakfast bag.
2 Points (please remember I'm from the UK)
1) Hard to make tea in our room as we do not like coffee.
2) corridors a bit smelly (dated)
But this is a person opinion - we will rebook with this hotel as for us the staff with great - Well done all we came into contact with and those we did not

Room Tip: Nothing - our room was good
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Jerry28,

Thank you for writing a candid review of my property. We start serving our complimentary full hot breakfast buffet at 5AM and we serve until 9 AM. We do have readily available breakfast to go bags for those guests departing before 5AM. The coffee makers can be used to make tea and we have both complimentary coffee and tea along with all the necessary condiments in the room. I am glad you had a few beers with us at our Manager’s reception.

I along with my associates look forward to your next visit from the UK.