“Decent Hotel, close to airport” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express At JFK

Holiday Inn Express At JFK
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Jamaica
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Decent Hotel, close to airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Very good Holiday Inn, nice location, easy of access with free shuttle. Staff was friendly, wether room was paid by cash, or points. The breakfast was average, special mention with the service "to-go" for the ones leaving the hotel very early.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
T_ducos,

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences with my property on Tripadvisor. Our complimentary shuttle runs 24hrs a day leaving for JFK airport every thirty minutes from 4AM to noon and then every hour on the hour. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary full hot breakfast buffet served from 5AM to 9AM every morning. We all look forward to your next visit from Barbados.

Brent A. Hnatow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Colombo, Sri Lanka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Had a layover here for a night and hotel was good. Rooms are a bit small but very clean.

Decent mall 15 mins down the road as well and they offered a decent breakfast and airport shuttle.

Free wifi Internet was a good advantage. Getting bags up to the room was a bit difficult but manageable with a trolly.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Amrithds,

I truly appreciate the time you took to write a review of my property. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary full hot breakfast buffet. We serve every morning from 5 AM to 9 AM and have something for just about everybody.

We look forward to your next visit when your travel plans bring you to the JFK area from Sri Lanka.

Grand Cayman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

I have stayed in this property on 3 occasions in the past 6 months. The rooms are compact, clean and has no frills. The front desk staff are courteous especially, Cindy!
They have a safe closet to keep your baggage after your check-out and until you actually leave from hotel for your flight. This option makes it convenient for those odd flight timings. The corridor on the 2nd and 3rd floors smells of dirty carpet. I hope they have fixed it by now. The 5th floor was much better though..

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Caymandweller888
Fountain Valley, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Close to airport. Helpful staff. Many restaurants that deliver to your room. Better if traveling alone or with one other person. Rooms were too tight for the four of us and our 4 suitcases. Tried to get a larger room but was told at the desk that all the rooms are the same size. 2 ft. width closet with ironing board and iron. Desk. TV. Dresser. Welcome gift/bag for IHG Members which included Sun Chips and a couple of bottles of water and some candies. Thank you. A few vending machines with sodas and snacks. People on other reviews have complained about the amount of parking spaces but wasn't an issue for us finding a spot.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Julie R,

Thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor! The rooms in New York City are smaller than hotel rooms found in other parts of the country but we are a great value as we include a full hot complimentary buffet breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi, and parking for one vehicle. In addition to the vending machines we have a market that features healthy snack options and make ready meals.

We appreciate the time you took to write a review and we look forward to your next visit.

Midlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

The location next to JFK is very convenient and the shuttle service quick and efficient. The staff are very welcoming and helpful, the hotel is clean but in need of of a little TLC. Reasonable choice at breakfast but it was a bit chaotic as the breakfast room is a bit small and also serves as the access route to the hotel reception.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dexx
Dexx,

I truly appreciate the time you took to write and post a review on the Tripadvisor website. Our property is very convenient to JFK airport and our shuttle runs 24hrs a day to the airport. Thank you for recommending us to all our future guests and we look forward to your next visit.

Panama City, Panama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I had a reservation for an overnight layover at JFK. I called several times to ask about the hotel and to send some Amazon packages over, and they were extremely helpful. Even more, when I lost my connecting flight to JFK and had to cancel the reservation, I was still able to pick up my packages the next day, and they were the nicest you could think of. If I were staying at JFK again, I would certainly stay at the Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank E_Panama
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
E_Panama,

Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to read that you found my associates to be “extremely helpful.” I appreciate you recommending us to the Tripadvisor community and we look forward to your next visit to the JFK area.

Charlestown, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I'm not a casual hotel visitor, I spend over 250 days a year in various hotels throughout the world (mostly in the Americas but approx. 2% overseas). Primarily Hilton & Hampton brands.

Convenience: easy access to the interstate. pretty convenient for travel but need car to get anywhere interesting
Length of stay: 1 week
RM Size: moderate
Price: reasonable for the area
Service: outstanding. everyone i ran into were just outstanding. friendly and very accommodating
Clean: I'm pretty picky.. i notice things like curtains, both shower and windows. behind stuff, corners.. this crew is meticulous. Room was spotless
Bathroom: avg to small size but decent
Lobby: a bit cumbersome with the multi levels but pretty nice. updated decor.
Pool/amenities: I don't use no comment
Parking: okay... free.. if you have odd hours you might a bit of trouble. but neighborhood is all hotels and appears pretty safe.
Internet: pretty fast, even in corner room off beaten path. have to sign on a few time within 24 hours.
Rewards/Perks: chocolates and water. Don't believe i got a room upgrade.

I would stay again with no issues.. only negative is the walls are paper thin and house keeping came way too early for my liking.

Room Tip: I stayed in rm 501
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jeannibeanie
jeannibeanie,

Thank you for your straightforward review of my property. It is always great when an experienced traveler recommends my property. I was thrilled that you found the service from my team of associates to be “outstanding.” My housekeepers do pride themselves on the cleanliness of our rooms and I was glad to read that you found your room to be “spotless.”

We all look forward to your next visit.