“Clean and friendly, but No Room Service.”

Holiday Inn Express At JFK
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed 20 November 2013

In this express hotel, only breakfast is available as a food service, there is no room service menu. The hotel was clean and the staff friendly. The liquor store and seven eleven convenience store was just a short walk away, as were the many restaurants and fast food chains. The hotel staff also offer pamphlets for local eateries that deliver to the hotel. So room service wasn't really a big issue. Travel to NYC was convenient, take the courtesy bus to Jamaica air train and then the subway line E to New York proper. Also the courtesy bus will drop you at whatever terminal you wish for free if you are travelling on. Runs every hour on the hour. A 5 dollar tip for the cleaning staff goes a long way in this hotel, with extra towels and extra coffee supplies left in the room. It is a very good example of an "express" hotel and I would stay again, also has a bath for the people who like to soak in the tub!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Kellie S,

Thank you for your comprehensive review. You have covered all aspects of your stay and I am particularly appreciative of your comments about your accommodations. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the staff concerned.

I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express At JFK

Reviewed 19 November 2013

One doesn't expect much in a JFK low budget room. However, the room was newly decorated and very clean; the staff was friendly and helpful; and a decent self-serve breakfast in the morning. They offer a long term parking (right next door) package that is a value, if you're staying away a week +.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank David M
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Brent Hnatow (the General Manager) threw me out in the street. I arrived to stay there on a pre-paid reservation. I explained to the very courteous desk agent that my wallet was left in the Phoenix airport. She assured me it would be no problem. I had my license/ID and Passport and a checkbook. GM Hnatow explained company policy was such that I could not stay there, even though the reservation was prepaid because I did not have a CC. He interrogated me over whether is actually lost my wallet. I offered to let him hold a check for $250 until I checked out. He refused in the most rude fashion and would not even offer me shuttle back to JFK. Never again. Cold, heartless, rude, and, very short-sighted. From what his own desk agent told me, all they had to do is sign me up for the IHG Loyalty program and that way not required the $250 deposit. when I followed up with IHG Care, Mr. Hnatow responded with a host of lies to explain his actions. Very sad excuse for a hospitality manager, to say the least.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Hoteldwel
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Hello,

We do require a credit card or a cash deposit of $250 for all reservations which was explained to the guest by both the front office GSA and Mr. Amit Naipaul the Guest Relations Manager on duty. I was called to the desk because the guest was extremely abusive to my team of associates when attempting to check in.

We were never given an opportunity to assist the guest as I had to ask him to leave after exposing my associates and guests to a profanity laced tirade. I realize that he was frustrated but that does not excuse his inappropriate behavior in the lobby and in front of the hotel. Threats made against myself and my associates are not tolerated.

I have ensured that the monies paid to the third party booking agent have been refunded back to the guest.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The property itself is a quite ordinary Holiday Inn Express. The rooms are someone dated in some ways. But the big plus for this hotel is the service which was first rate. Special Kudos to the frond desk staff, Bryan, Paulette and Michael.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Tomfoolery,

Thank you for writing such a nice review about my team of front office associates. They all reveled at being recognized for their first rate service. Again we all appreciate the time you took to write about your experiences and look forward to your next visit from Rocheport.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Very good Holiday Inn, nice location, easy of access with free shuttle. Staff was friendly, wether room was paid by cash, or points. The breakfast was average, special mention with the service "to-go" for the ones leaving the hotel very early.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

T_ducos,

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences with my property on Tripadvisor. Our complimentary shuttle runs 24hrs a day leaving for JFK airport every thirty minutes from 4AM to noon and then every hour on the hour. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary full hot breakfast buffet served from 5AM to 9AM every morning. We all look forward to your next visit from Barbados.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Had a layover here for a night and hotel was good. Rooms are a bit small but very clean.

Decent mall 15 mins down the road as well and they offered a decent breakfast and airport shuttle.

Free wifi Internet was a good advantage. Getting bags up to the room was a bit difficult but manageable with a trolly.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Amrithds,

I truly appreciate the time you took to write a review of my property. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary full hot breakfast buffet. We serve every morning from 5 AM to 9 AM and have something for just about everybody.

We look forward to your next visit when your travel plans bring you to the JFK area from Sri Lanka.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I have stayed in this property on 3 occasions in the past 6 months. The rooms are compact, clean and has no frills. The front desk staff are courteous especially, Cindy!
They have a safe closet to keep your baggage after your check-out and until you actually leave from hotel for your flight. This option makes it convenient for those odd flight timings. The corridor on the 2nd and 3rd floors smells of dirty carpet. I hope they have fixed it by now. The 5th floor was much better though..

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family