“An unexpectedly pleasant surprise!”

Holiday Inn Express At JFK
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Chicago, IL
“An unexpectedly pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The manager and staff of this otherwise undistinguished looking hotel tucked in with other older places in the shadow of JFK deserve high honors for their professionalism. Every single person we met (shuttle driver, reception team, chambermaids) were friendly and attentive. The place is older but spotlessly clean. Although there's no restaurant in walking distance, we were given a list of restaurants that delivered (the highly recommended Indian Curry Express was indeed excellent). They suggested we use the breakfast room for our dinner. Next morning's breakfast was very good; internet was free; the immense bathtub in the room was a pleasure you don't enjoy that often anymore. If you need t stay overnight near JFK, don't bother looking any further

Room Tip: All the rooms seem fine. The window glass is extra thick so you don' har expressway noise
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank david1055
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
David1055,

Thank you for the perfect 5 star review and recommending us to all our future guests on Tripadvisor . I have shared your comments with my associates and we are all looking forward to your next visit from Chicago.

Brent A. Hnatow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at JFK after being stranded overnight at the airport. The hotel suited my very limited needs -- a clean bed for the night, on short notice -- but it's probably not worth staying at for any other reason.

There is a free shuttle from JFK to the hotel, which is very convenient. The driver was friendly and helpful, as were the staff at the desk. There are no dining options within walking distance. The hotel sells some snacks and microwaveable meals, and the staff provided some delivery menus at check-in. I ordered a steak and cheese sub from one of the places, and it was one of the worst meals I've ever had. That's obviously not the hotel's fault, but I'd definitely recommend eating at the airport before going to the hotel.

My room was clean but kind of dingy, with a loud and old heater/AC. The window overlooked an airport parking lot and the busy highway. It was kind of noisy at night but not terribly. The Wi-Fi was free and worked very well.

The hotel offers free hot breakfast, which was welcome but pretty average.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Colin S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. It is nice to know that you found the room and the bed clean. On the other hand, I sincerely apologize for the experience you had with the per-ordered meal and with the loud air conditioning unit. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here our first night in New York. Taxis really don't like the small fare and drove us around in circles saying he was lost for 20 minutes but when we finally got there we really liked the place. The only downside was the small rooms, we booked a room with 2 queen beds and me my wife and my brother in law were tripping over each other. The staff are amazing though and the 3 buffet breakfast was a great start to the day

• Stayed February 2014
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
ReeceN89,

Thank you for writing a review and recommending my property on the Tripadvisor website. There is no need to take a taxi from JFK as we have a complimentary shuttle that runs 24 hours a day. When you arrive at JFK airport take the AirTrain to Federal Circle and our shuttle will take you to the hotel. We all look forward to your next visit.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

The airport shuttle was promt. The staff were very friendly and courteous. My room was clean and comfortable. The free breakfast was good. The gym was closed, which didn't make me happy. Overall, a great choice near JFK.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
JetBlue Driver,

Our fitness center is currently closed as we remodel. However we are scheduled to reopen the gym on February 28th and we have made arrangements for our guests to use an offsite facility in the interim. Thank you for recommending my property and we look forward to your next visit.

Jamaica
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Well, we usually have to transit through JFK and often need to stay over night nearby. We opted for this hotel while coming from India and in turned out to be just perfect and comfortable that you expect after long haul flights. Hotel offers complimentary internet and b'fast which was manageable. Exceptional was the hotel staff and the reception given with some bottles of water to add. Really saw the warm welcome and treatment after long time in a transit hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms seems good there are not much exceptions. Only thing is service life is just to cover few...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Pariluna,

I am glad you opted to stay at my property and I do have to agree with your assessment that my associates are “exceptional.” Thank you for sharing your warm welcome with all our future guests on the Tripadvisor website.

new york
Reviewed 13 February 2014

stayed at this hotel due to hurricane sandy,, had 3 rooms for my family ,, spent over $15,000 ,, only to find out the hotel billed me for a room that I did not occupy , and submitted false documents to Amex.. disputed with Amex and finally hotel offered me a $500.00 settlement on a overcharge of $1700.00,, shame on this hotel and its management.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank seanote
Seanote,

I have read the review which you recently posted about my property. As I am not personally aware of the assertions made in the review I would like to speak with you directly to discuss the matter. Please contact me directly at 1-718-977-3100 extension 455 or if you prefer I can be reached via email at BHNATOW@MRHOTELGROUP.COM. I look forward to speaking with you.

Brent A. Hnatow

Travellers are raving about these Jamaica hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Michael Drake offered excellent customer service and helped solve a major issue with our reservation very quickly. He went above and beyond and this was much appreciated. Room was under Nick S.

Thank you, John T.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
JohnDThom003,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review of my property. I have shared your comments with my front office associate Michael and he was jubilant at being recognized by a one of our guests. We all look forward to your next visit.