I booked this hotel online via booking.com, and only ever having stayed at the JFK area a few times before, I was hesitant to stay at a different hotel. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised.
I finally made it to the hotel after a long delayed flight from Toronto. The shuttle was on time at the airport, and it was a quick ride to the hotel.
Even tho it was quite late in the evening (approx 8.30pm), the reception desk was quite busy, and there were a few people checking in. Taneisha who was working at the desk when I arrived was super friendly, very professional and efficient. There was a man ahead of me who was checking in, and she apologised to me for the delay, and said she wouldn't be long. I wasn't bothered at all by the wait - it was only a few minutes at most, and Taneisha was so polite and friendly. When it came to my turn to check in, Taneisha remembered talking to me on the phone earlier during the day (when I called from Toronto to say my flight was delayed), and I was impressed with her recount of our conversation. Check in with Taneisha was smooth and without and problems. She apologised that all the king-bedded rooms on higher floors were sold out, and there were only king-bedded rooms on the first floor, or she could give me a queen-bedded room on a higher floor. I wasn't fussed at all, and took a king-bedded room on the first floor. Taneisha then explained everything about the hotel to me - breakfast, wifi, ice machine, vending machine etc., and also gave me some menus for local restaurants that deliver.
Overall, I was quite pleased with my room. Even tho it was sub-level to the road and faced the car park, it was clean, quiet, and everything I needed for an overnight stay. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean, and the other room amenities were great.
Breakfast the next morning was great! Even tho it wasn't a full buffet breakfast as you'd expect from a full Holiday Inn, it was still very satisfying for a free breakfast. They offered hot dishes - cinnamon rolls, eggs, bacon and pancakes; there was cereal, bread, muffins, fruit, yoghurt, juices, tea and coffee. I picked a bad time to have breakfast at 9.30am, and it was quite busy with a lot of other hotel guests, but I couldn't fault the attendant who was promptly restocking the breakfast supplies during the meal service.
Having stayed at 2 other JFK airport hotels on a few occasions, Holiday Inn Express Kennedy is now my top choice if I ever need to transit through again.
And a special thanks to Taneisha - that girl is a super star!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer a free 24hr shuttle to and from JFK ONLY... to get to the Hotel from the JFK, take the AirTrain to Federal Circle and call the hotel... the shuttle departs every hour on top of the hour. 'Stay Smart' the Holiday Inn Express Kennedy Airport hotel located just 1/2 mile from JFK Airport and 40 minutes to Laguardia Airport. Take the AirTrain at JFK to the local subway into Manhattan and see historical landmarks such as the Statue of Liberty, Times Square and many popular sites. Visit Belmont Stakes & the Aqueduct for Horse Racing, Mets Citi Field, Yankee Stadium to watch a baseball game, Arthur Ashe Tennis Stadium to watch the US Open Tennis Tournament, or engage in the NYC Marathon, 5 Borough Bike Tour, and many other activities. Rather relax indoors? Holiday Inn Express JFK Airport hotel offers 129 guest rooms with deluxe furniture, 32 inch flat screen televisions with 4 HBOs, 2 ESPNs, several news channels, Cartoon Network for the kids, and many other channels to watch your favorite program. Jump start your morning with our free "Express Start" hot breakfast or take our breakfast with you in our 'To-Go' bag. Don't forget to take advantage of our 24 hour business center with 2 computers and a wireless printer, or log onto to our free high-speed wireless Internet network from anywhere in the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Holiday Inn Express At JFK reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express At Jfk Hotel Jamaica
- Holiday Inn Jamaica
- Holiday Inn Express Jfk
- Holiday Inn Express Jamaica
- Holiday Inn Express At JFK Jamaica, New York