“Great Value for the Location”

Holiday Inn Express At JFK
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed 28 July 2006

I spent 5 nights at the property. The rooms are very clean and well keep. The staff is very nice, when cheking in I was given menus for local places that deliver.

The rooms were big for the area. They are bigger than the Crown Plaza rooms.

Parking is limited but free, internet worked very well and was free.

Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank lacashman

Reviewed 27 July 2006

This is by far one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. The following occurred:

- Front desk was extremely rude and on the phone when we arrived
- Check in took 45 minutes
- There was wet urine on the bed in the first room we were checked into; the door was propped open when we arrived
- The air conditioning did not work in the second room
- It did not work very well in the third room either
- The van driver drove like a madman on the way back from the airport, so badly that we were sick and lost our lunch upon return to the hotel.

I will never stay there again. I suggest you don't either.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Rhiannon254
Reviewed 7 June 2006

Stayed at this hotel over the Memorial Day Holiday weekend. The check-in experience was a breeze and the only logistical issue was the fact that the check-in desk and hotel lobby are abot 12 stairs above the first floor of the actual hotel. However, there was an elevator that just went between the lobby and the first floor.
The room, although relatively small, was clean both in appearance and in smell. In the room at first I could clearly hear the traffic on the Belt Parkway and South Conduit Street just in front of the hotel, but after I discovered that my window was not fully closed and I closed it, there was no more traffic sound.
The kingsize bed was almost solid (it was so firm) and was certainly not the most comfortable for me.
The extended continental breakfast contributed to the overall value of the stay, and even though the breakfast staff was pleasant, they seemed content to allow guests to take the partially frozen cheese omlettes that were not yet fully defrosted and warm enough for consumption, without so much as a friendly word of caution.
The desk staff nad the room service staff were all delightfully pleasant and extremely helpful.
I will be making this hotel my accomodation in New York whenever I visit.

8  Thank James L
missouri, usa
Reviewed 31 May 2006

Clean and accomidating!
Repulsive breakfast-and a little more than I would have liked to pay.
A good place to stay near airport-comfortable rooms.
Excellent shuttle to and from airport-10 min to and from! (FREE)

Stayed: May 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
cincinnati
Reviewed 30 March 2006

We were here for 2 nights and it was nice. The rooms are clean and the staff was very helpful. Was satisfied for the money i spent. Will stay here again if in New York

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled on business
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York
Reviewed 19 February 2006

I loved It! My boyfriend and I stayed for the weekend! We got a handicapped room, which turned out to be great because the bathroom was huge. I've been to hotels like the Sheraton and their bathroom was smaller. The curtains are alittle confusing but if you take the time you can fix the sunlight beeming into your room. We were on the fith floor facing the highway and we heard nothing. The staff was extremely helpful and polite(so was the doorman). I would definitly stay again.P.S. the breakfast is good too if you get up in time, they should move the cut-off from 10am to 11am!!

• Stayed: February 2005