Holiday Inn Express At JFK
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$245
SleepInn
US$240
US$195
  • Restaurant
Best Western Jamaica Inn(Jamaica)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$156
US$186
US$151
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewscinnamon rollsone nightclose to the airporthourly shuttlenew yorkfederal circlefree breakfastruns every hournext morningfront desk staffyogurtan overnight stayan airport hotelother hotelsshuttle servicebreakfast roomrooms are small
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 September 2010

I have stayed in several Holiday Inn Express hotels and have never been disappointed. The location was excellent as I had an early morning flight out of JFK and they provide a shuttle. There were several people waiting for the shuttle and I did worry that everyone would not fit, in fact people started grumbling and the security guard assured them that another shuttle would immediately come up if this one became full. In fact, another shuttle pulled up just as people were still trying to stuff their things into the first shuttle! No problem.

There was a business center, but it required you to pay for usage and internet time. I tried several times to print my boarding pass and it would not print. I went to the front desk and asked them how I was supposed to print my boarding pass and he gave me a complimentary internet pass to use. (As it turns out, only one of the computers was hooked up to the printer, so I used the other one and it worked fine.)

The front desk staff was very friendly and provided service with a smile -- even a couple of laughs. They surprised me with a goodie bag and directed me to my room. (Yummy Cheezits!) I arrived fairly late in the evening and was on the look out for security concerns, but I had none. There was a security guard in the lobby when I checked in and also when I checked out. I felt completely safe.

The room was clean, particularly the bathroom, which I am very particular about. The only bad thing was the coffee table seemed to be a bit worn, but not a big deal. The bed was comfortable and I slept like a log!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
MANAGEMENTguestsvcs, Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2010

We are glad to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the wonderful comments, and will certainly share with the entire team.
Thank you for your business, we look forward to hosting you again whenever your travels bring you back to the JFK/NY area market.

Reviewed 10 September 2010

Very clean rooms with very helpful staff, They supply you with various menus from local food establishments, so you can order food in, as there is no restaurant in the hotel. The pick up and drop off sevice to JFK is superb and only 10 minutes away. I thought the breakfast was nice, with a lady who looks after the area like a mother hen. The room also has a bath rather than just a shower, the wifi is free and fast.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paulbriden

We thank this reviewer for tking the time to share their experience at our hotel. We work diligently to see that ALL guests receive the best service possible and the cleanest accommodations.
Again, thank you for your excellent review.

Reviewed 28 August 2010

After a 12 hour drive from Toronto, I had the displeasure of staying at the HI Express Kennedy Airport.
This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at......ever.
The room was dirty, air conditioner did not work, plastic baggie covering the mattress, absolutely disgracefull.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
MANAGEMENTguestsvcs, Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2010

Please see all the other reviews posted... we do not understand, nor did we receive communication from this guest during their stay about our service or room accommodations. Thus, we are unsure of the validity of this statement.
We encourage this reviewer to contact the hotel directly as soono as possible so we may gather more information and speak with them personally.
Thank you.

Reviewed 27 August 2010

I was after a cheap and convenient hotel for a one night stop-over at JFK and, given how expensive ALL the hotels are at JFK, I ended up at the Holiday Inn Express.
It was close, there was a shuttle bus (although I didn't notice the first one went to the Holiday Inn Express as it had lots of logos on the van!), and when I went to check in the girl on the desk gave me a free bag of snacks as I'm a Priority Club member. Bedtime Oreos were definitely an unexpected bonus!
The room was fine, I slept well, and having breakfast included was great as this seems to be pretty rare in the US. OK so it's self service and pretty basic, but I was so jet lagged that a bowl of cereal and a banana was all I could have managed anyway.
Overall, probably the most cost effective place to spend a night at JFK.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
MANAGEMENTguestsvcs, Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2010

We try our best to remain as affordable as possible for our very busy JFK NY market area. We are glad to see that you found great value in our hotel, and we look forward to hosting you again whenever your travels bring you back to the JFK NY market area.

Reviewed 26 August 2010

We had to stay overnight at JFK and chose the HIE as we had previously had good experiences with this chain. However, the JFK branch did not meet the high standards set by other HIE. We had to wait ages for the shuttle bus and there was great scramble the next morning when about 30 people wanted to get on the 16 seater shuttle bus back to the airport. To be fair, the hotel did organise an extra bus but these things should be foreseen, especially if one operates as an airport hotel. The hotel itself is nothing special, just a very ordinary place to sleep. The sleep quality is not particularly good as a the windows are not sound proof and the beds are extremely soft. The other problem is that apart from the Burger Kind which is about a 10 minute walk away, there is pretty much nothing to eat or do in the vicinity. However, as a HIE member you get a little snack pack when you check in.

One last point, the supposed free internet did not work.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

We thank this reviewer for taking the time to share their comments. We are unsre of the internet issues noted by the reviewer. As you may see from other reviews above and below this post, that the hotel always meets and or exceeds standards.
Again, thank you for your review.